Mortimer

Talk about the Argeneau family members and what makes them so real.

Re: Mortimer

Postby wren on July 12th, 2008, 2:54 am

Welcome Alabaster! Image Hope you will take a few minutes to fill out the Getting to Know You quiz in the General Discussion thread, if you haven't done so yet. The Quirky Questions are fun, too. It helps us all know one another better. Also, make sure and sign up for Lynsay's newsletter. It's great and it keeps us updated on all the official news, has fun puzzles, and fantastic contests! Just go to the homepage
of the website and there is a place to get on Lynsay's mailing list!

Now, as for Mortimer, he first appeared in Bite Me If You Can. He works for Lucian as an enforcer for the council, and he was introduced along with Justin Bricker in that book. A few other enforcers were mentioned in the last part of that book, and some will be appearing shortly. I'll give this one away. One of them is Decker Argeneau Pimms, who was only called "Pimms" in BMIYC. He is Aunt Martine's son, and his book is next after Mortimer's. Lynsay treated us with that tidbit herself. 8-) When she has a small break, she occasionally makes an appearance on the forum, and sometimes will give us a hint or even a little more. In case you haven't read BMIYC yet, I won't give away any other spoilers about it.

I will let you know that "Mortimer" is his last name. His first name is Garrett. Sounds a little better, huh? :mrgreen:
I guess we had all become accustomed to calling the enforcers by their last names, as that is how they are called in the books. So, Samantha is the lawyer taking some time off who catches Garrett Mortimer's eye, but that is about all that I know. I'm not sure if the excerpt is up on the website yet, but if you sign up for the newsletter, ask Terri (aka House Elf Tori, Lynsay's assistant) & Dave (Mr. Spice ~ actually Lynsay's husband, but also moderator of the forum and the man we annoy when we can, LOL, he puts up with a lot out of us, but we are worth it! Hear that Dave?? You know you love us!) to send you a current newsletter now so you will have all the new information!

Again, welcome to the best forum and most fun fans anywhere!! Jump in the fun! We are ready to liven these discussions up again as we eagerly await the new books! Oh, and everyone will be rereading with you, as we always do as we get closer to the new book release!! I plan on rereading BMIYC just before, as that is the main book that Mortimer is in before his own story.

wren...who got up just for a drink of cold water, and had to take a peek at the forum anyway...this is why I'm always on here at all hours of the day and night! LOL I was meant to be nocturnal! Alas, I must be up in the day and just be sleepy! Image
wren

Postby jill on August 2nd, 2008, 4:49 pm

Oh just a friendly reminder people....

ONLY 2 MORE MONTHS UNTIL THE RELEASE OF THE ROGUE HUNTER WAHOOO!
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Postby love2read on August 3rd, 2008, 1:06 am

COOL 8-)
love2read

Postby jill on August 3rd, 2008, 9:10 am

" Do a little dance ...get down tonight get down tonight" not much longer now and then we get to read about Lovely Garrett Mortimer...

"Do a little dance..."
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Postby Copper on August 3rd, 2008, 4:20 pm

does any one know when the august news letter is coming out with the quiz
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
Copper

Postby wren on August 6th, 2008, 5:18 am

I don't know, Copper! Maybe it's taking longer because it has that special ARC of The Rogue Hunter as the prize this month! Oooooh, I can't wait! :D
wren

Postby GiGi3 on August 6th, 2008, 10:27 pm

i would love to have a real ARC from lynsay. YEA Baby, I can't wait!!!

and I could put in on my special shelf with my signed copy of highlander..... :twisted: hehehe!!
Image[/url]

FATE GAVE HER FANGS.........HE"LL SHOW ME HOW TO USE THEM!!!!
GiGi3

Postby wren on January 29th, 2009, 4:10 pm

Lynsay, I love the name Garrett! If I had a third son, he was going to be named "Gareth" and Garrett is a form of that name! Sir Gareth was one of the Knights of King Arthur's Round Table...so my sons said I would have had to name a fourth son Gawain, after Gareth's actual brother and another Knight of the Round Table. Then we would have had Duncan, Donovan, Gareth, and Gawain. The last one wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but who knows?! It has kind of "grown on me." Alas, I had no more kids, so that took care of it! You know how I have this fascination with names, though.

Soooo...how could Mortimer and Sam not like that name?? Is he going to be called "Mortimer" forever? After all, everyone can't go around calling him 'sweet cheeks' like Samantha. :lol: That would be like the SASSy ARGENEAUTS calling Mr. Spice the dreaded "Mr. Sticky Buns." Except he would probably delete us from the forum fairly quickly! (I'm kidding, Dave, please don't delete me Image...I've been with y'all almost two years now...Image )

And, what is the connection to Dr. Rachel "Garrett" Argeneau...Mortimer did say it was a "family name." Coincidence? Now, how often does the creative genius of Lynsay Sands have a "coincidence" in her books?? :roll: Hmmm...enquiring wrens, and possibly others, want to know! ;)
wren

Postby Double E on February 2nd, 2009, 11:15 pm

Hum wren, I completely missed that. The wait is killing me, I have read Lucian's book 3 times, Thomas' twice, and Lucern's twice. All of my others are on loan to friends.
Double E

Postby wren on February 3rd, 2009, 1:45 am

Double E wrote:Hum wren, I completely missed that. The wait is killing me, I have read Lucian's book 3 times, Thomas' twice, and Lucern's twice. All of my others are on loan to friends.

Which part did you miss out on, Double E? I'll try to explain to what I was referring...do you have The Rogue Hunter book yet? :)
wren

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss The Characters