Anders/Andronnikov

Talk about the Argeneau family members and what makes them so real.

Anders/Andronnikov

Postby Damiana on January 8th, 2010, 6:52 am

quote from The Renegade Hunter that describes him:

Like all the others, he was a perfect version of himself, with
glossy, short black hair, perfect pores, and
shiny white teeth.
"You must be Anders," Jo commented, recalling Mortimer mentioning the
fellow.
"Seat belt," was his growled response.
Jo raised one eyebrow and glanced to Bricker.
"Anders is a man of few words," he said almost apologetically.
"So I see," she commented dryly.
"Seat belt on or vehicle stops," Anders said firmly.
Jo snorted. "Very few words if he can't even bother with little words like the,
goes, or please."
"The seat belt goes on, please, or the vehicle stops," Bricker said, using
those little words Anders hadn't.
Jo chuckled at his imitation of the other man's deep growl, but sat back to do
up her seat belt. She didn't miss the little
sigh Anders released at Bricker's teasing, though, and it made her grin. She
peered from Bricker's good-natured face to
the back of Anders's head and said, "So how come you weren't at the party
last night?"
Anders was silent for a minute and then glanced to Bricker. "Is she speaking
to me?"
A snort of amusement slid from Bricker, but he nodded. "Yes, Anders, I'd
guess she is."
He turned back to the road, and Jo was just deciding he wasn't going to
answer her question when he said, "I was
working."
"Really?" she asked with interest, leaning as far forward as her seat belt
would allow. "Working on a Saturday night?
What do you do?"
There was a pause and then he said simply, "Hunt."
Jo raised her eyebrows and drawled dubiously, "Right."
Silence fell in the vehicle as they reached the gates at the end of the drive.
"So... Anders," Jo murmured, sitting back in the seat. "What's that trace of
accent you have?"
His eyes met hers in the rearview mirror. They were narrowed at the
moment and a beautiful black with gold flecks, she
noted, and then his eyes shifted back to the road. "I don't have an accent.
You do."
"Beg pardon," she said dryly. "This is Canada and I have a Canadian accent,
which means I have no accent here. But you
do, just a trace, but it sounds..." Jo paused, considering the few words he'd
said so far and then guessed, "Russian?"
His eyes met hers in the mirror again. This time there was a flicker that
might have been something like appreciation in
his eyes as he nodded.
"So is Anders your first name or last?"
"Last."
Jo pursed her lips. "Anders doesn't sound very Russian."
"It was originally Andronnikov," he admitted. "I got tired of North
Americans mangling the name."
"Hmm," Jo said. "Russian. We should get along great then."
"Why?" he asked, and she couldn't help but notice that his tone was dubious
as he met her gaze in the mirror again.
There was also true confusion on his face. She suspected he doubted they
would get along at all.
Jo met his gaze, smiled sweetly, and said, "Well, it just figures, doesn't it?
I'm a bartender, you're a Black Russian. It's a
perfect match."
Bricker burst out laughing, but Anders, she noticed, looked less than
impressed, and Jo wondered if that crack would be
considered racist. She hadn't thought so. Actually, she hadn't thought at all
before saying it. darn, she really needed to
learn to think before she spoke.
"It wasn't racist," Anders said dryly. "It was a very bad play on the name of
an alcoholic beverage, but not racist."
Jo peered at him sharply. "How did you know I was worrying about that?"
He hesitated, but then shifted his eyes back to the road and said, "You have
that guilty look white people get when
they're worried they've misspoken." Anders glanced back to the mirror and
raised an eye brow as he asked, "Or is it racist
to call you white? Perhaps I should say Caucasian."
Jo snorted and then found herself babbling, "Hell if I know. You can call me
white if you want. Although I don't really get
the whole white business myself, I mean we aren't really white. Well, I
suppose we can be when upset and we pale, but
mostly we're kind of tan in the summer and pink like pigs in the winter."
"Shall I call you pig then?" he asked sweetly.
Jo's eyes sharpened on his face in the rearview mirror, but she caught the
twitching of his lips and asked, "Was that an
attempt at a joke?"
"It was better than yours," he said, and actually cracked a smile.
"Hmm," Jo muttered.
"Right," Bricker commented with amusement, "So now that you two have
broken the ice and moved straight to the
slinging of insults, where are we going for breakfast?"
"Do not look at me," Anders said dryly. "I do not eat... breakfast," he added
when Bricker glanced at him sharply.
"You should," Jo said with feigned solemnity. "It's the most important meal
of the day, you know."
"Is it?" Anders asked. "And what do you usually have for breakfast?"
"Dried-up day-old pizza or anything else I can scrounge up," she admitted
wryly.
"Why am I not surprised?" Anders said in dry tones.
Jo frowned at his knowing expression. "It's my pores, isn't it? They give
away my bad student-type habits."
His eyes sharpened on hers in the mirror, bewilderment in their beautiful
depths. "Your pores?"
"Yeah. I have big pores that give away my vices while you guys all have
baby's ass pores."
"Baby's ass pores?" Bricker asked incredulously.
"Smooth and poreless like on a baby's butt," she explained dryly.
"Jesus," Anders muttered, his hand rising to rub his own cheek and his eyes
examining his skin in the rearview mirror.
"Eyes on the road, big guy," Jo ordered. "You can look at your pretty self
later."
Anders stared at her in the mirror briefly and then glanced to Bricker and
muttered, "It's a shame I can read her. She's an
interesting female."
"I know. I've been bemoaning it all summer," Bricker said on a sigh, and
then added, "She's hot too."
Jo wasn't sure what the hell they were talking about with the reading
business, but was relatively certain she'd just been
given a compliment. It cheered her up and made her smile. Jo smiled a little
wider when she realized that her headache
was easing. Something to eat and some juice and coffee might help eradicate
it completely, she thought. "There's a little
place not far from my apartment that serves all-day breakfast."
"Address?" Anders asked, apparently reverting to his man-of-few-words
persona.

So, what do you think? he's rather beautiful and interesting with his grumpiness and all ;)
But, did i understand right - he's black? :!: :?:
I thought Russians are fair... I'd like Anders to be fair :cry:
Btw, what do you think - is he born or turned immortal? and how old do you think he is?
Damiana

Re: Anders/Andronnikov

Postby wren on January 9th, 2010, 12:48 pm

Damiana wrote:
So, what do you think? he's rather beautiful and interesting with his grumpiness and all ;)
But, did i understand right - he's black? :!: :?:
I thought Russians are fair... I'd like Anders to be fair :cry:
Btw, what do you think - is he born or turned immortal? and how old do you think he is?

Oh, Damiana, I think Anders is absolutely yummy...my fave word for our Immortals! :lol: I don't know about all Russians being fair because I've never thought about it. I think in most countries you may have people who have immigrated and settled their families some time in the long-ago generations, or those who were brought through captivity or slavery, or children who were adopted from another country as many are today, and so they became a part of that nationality or ethnic group. There are a few nations that have very strict immigration policies, even today, and so we tend to think of people in those societies with the stereotypical image of that particular country, but almost all nations have people of different races, even if they are the minority.

My guess is that Anders is born Immortal, but I don't think he is one of the B.C. Immortals, in spite of being a 'man of few words' ;) Perhaps he is more of an observer, reserving his speaking for when he feels it's important. Mortimer is in his 800s and I think he is the oldest of our *Young Yummy Immortals* group so far, but I think Anders is older than him though not as old as our B.C. guys.

Btw, Denise & I lead the forum fan club for the *YYI* aka *Young Yummy Immortals* which can be anyone born A.D., although so far they have all been under 1000yo, and I'm hoping Anders is in this group! If not, I may have to re-adjust...possibly add him due to personality! *grin* I know that you have already discovered that sin & Copper lead the forum fan club for the *GOV* aka *Grumpy Old Vamps* who are generally all the B.C. guys or very close to that age, although we share Lucern by default - YYI gets him due to age, and GOV gets him due to his grumpy personality. Kath leads the in-between forum fan club, *Y&G* aka *The Young and the Grumpy* for those whose top faves are divided between each group...Hey Kath, have you chosen a co-leader? :)

Anders doesn't strike me as being grumpy at all...he seems more 'all business with no-nonsense' when on the job. Lucern, who takes after his B.C. Immortal uncles in personality, is grumpy by nature, but somehow lovable in spite of it. :P For Anders, I think being a Rogue Hunter & living so long has just made him a quiet man who is very observant, but who speaks up when he needs to ~ in that way he is somewhat like Lucern, but he is actually going to have an amazing sense of humour. You see it in his dialogue with Jo. Lucern does have his own unique sense of humour, but he is not a social person...not because he can't be, but through the centuries, that is just how he has always been because that is his natural personality...that's why Kate is so good for him, because she is very outgoing and social so she brings Lucern's social side out. Also, since Anders is black and by being Immortal lives such a long time, he would have had to deal with various kinds of discrimination that some of the other Immortals didn't have to deal with through the centuries...and that would be true even if he is only a couple of hundred years old. I think the passage you quoted with the discussion between him & Jo helps infer that fact as well. We know he doesn't eat anymore, so we know he is much older than Bricker.

I have always thought Anders was dark rather than fair, although it doesn't really matter to me. I tend to take Lynsay's descriptions and my mind forms a picture and voice for the characters. (One of the reasons I'm not opposed to audio-books, although I wish Stephen Fry was reading them & would buy them all immediately, but I don't really care to have movies or a tv show of our beloved Argeneaus unless the Spices just wanted it. Btw, My frog prince aka my dear hubby says I just have a 'thing' for British actors! Image ) I love Etienne, who is fair with a darker blonde hair than Lucian or Lissianna, although he isn't my top fave Immortal...My number one is Vincent! sin loves Lucian with his icy-blond hair and icy-toughness to go with it...but it's more his crusty personality than his ice-blonde greek god looks that made Lucian her fave Immortal from the first time she read about him in Love Bites, as she tends to prefer dark hair irl. (ooops, telling on you, my dear big sis :D) sin & I started the series just before Avon/Harper Collins began publishing the books with Lissianna's story, so we had to go back & read AQB almost like a 'prequel.'

I had speculated that Eshe might be Anders before we were positive that he was male, since we don't know her last name. She also happens to be black, and I love the scene with her in TIH. In my mind, Anders looks a lot like the former professional wrestler turned actor, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. If I had to cast Anders on the "Casting the Characters" thread, that's who I would pick. It's because he is so good-looking, and in the comedies he has starred in, he is very funny. I just think that Anders is very good-looking with a steady, laid-back, but strong personality who will have a knack for seeing the amusing side of life with a very dry wit...Yummy Delicious! Image Also, for some reason, I see Anders paired with a life mate who is naturally independent, very out-spoken, extremely exasperating, who often takes herself & life too seriously, and sometimes finds it a bit difficult to see the funny side of life until it smacks her upside the head! I think in a lot of ways, his life mate will be quite different from Jo...almost opposite. He found Jo intriguing but he could read her, and it seems like Anders and someone like Jo would actually be too much alike in humour to be good life mates.

As for dark or fair, I might like to see some Immortal men who have red hair. We have Donny from BMIYC, but he is still just a kid! Hear that Lynsay? Bring on some 'ginger' male Immortals, too! *giggle*

Those are my ideas for Anders based on the little we saw of him in REN. Okay, I've given my theory! Who knows...maybe he will decide to 'talk' to Lynsay soon? You have piqued my interest, so I certainly hope he gets a book! Someone else' turn...Who is speculating next? :?:
wren

Postby lynnzerben on February 10th, 2010, 10:48 am

I love Lucian always have always will, and through out the books Tiny has earned a special place in my heart. That being said from the first moment he appeared in REN, I fell in love with Anders. I don't know if it's his dry wit or what but I love him. Please let the heavens smile upon me and tell me he's in Armand's book. I'm already pretty sure that his royal grumpness will be in it so if Anders was in it too that would make it all the more sweeter. :D
Still waters run deep

Good Girl Gone Vampire
lynnzerben

Postby wren on February 10th, 2010, 12:32 pm

lynnzerben wrote:I love Lucian always have always will, and through out the books Tiny has earned a special place in my heart. That being said from the first moment he appeared in REN, I fell in love with Anders. I don't know if it's his dry wit or what but I love him. Please let the heavens smile upon me and tell me he's in Armand's book. I'm already pretty sure that his royal grumpness will be in it so if Anders was in it too that would make it all the more sweeter. :D

Ditto!! 8-) And I hope there is a future book featuring Anders...gotta know more about his story! ;)
wren

Postby Lynsay on February 10th, 2010, 5:42 pm

Yes, Anders is in Armand's book. He and Bricker both show up to help Eshe. Hope that's good news (grin)

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby lynnzerben on February 10th, 2010, 5:54 pm

Lynsay wrote:Yes, Anders is in Armand's book. He and Bricker both show up to help Eshe. Hope that's good news (grin)

Lynsay

YEAH!*doing little happy dance* :D
Still waters run deep

Good Girl Gone Vampire
lynnzerben

Postby sin on February 10th, 2010, 7:52 pm

Lynsay wrote:Yes, Anders is in Armand's book. He and Bricker both show up to help Eshe. Hope that's good news (grin)

Lynsay

Thanks Lynsay.. Good to hear. Can not wait to see if Bricker gets "his" LoL

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby wren on February 11th, 2010, 11:15 pm

sin wrote:

Lynsay

WooHoo...after having to postpone sin's special birthday party, thanks for sharing some good news, Lynsay! Already anticipating the book eagerly, but now even more so! :D Also, still hoping that Anders may have a story to tell eventually! We NEVER want you to quit writing this series! So many characters...so many books to read over & over makes us a very happy 'sisterhood of the traveling fangs!'
wren

Postby sin on February 11th, 2010, 11:18 pm

wren wrote:
sin wrote:

Lynsay

WooHoo...after having to postpone sin's special birthday party, thanks for sharing some good news, Lynsay! Already anticipating the book eagerly, but now even more so! :D Also, still hoping that Anders may have a story to tell eventually! We NEVER want you to quit writing this series! So many characters...so many books to read over & over makes us a very happy 'sisterhood of the traveling fangs!'

Anders has a story to tell. Can not wait to see him again in Armand's story. Thanks for some good news Lynsay. I agree with wren..

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Return to Discuss The Characters