A question for the Spices.....

Talk about the Argeneau family members and what makes them so real.

A question for the Spices.....

Postby shaashaine on May 12th, 2008, 2:06 pm

I'm not sure what her name is but shes one of the people in SWV during the conference. I think she helped kate to untangle Lucs cod piece. She was also in TD&H. Marguerite couldnt control her neither could Bastien so she must have a really strong mind. I always wondered if she was an immortal. Forgot about it though Until i re-read TD&H today. Shes the one that went to talk with Vincent and everyone thought he was going to bite her.

Mr. and Mrs. Spice?
Terri?
Anyone?

Shaa who suddenly very curious ;)
"Bippidy, Boppidy, BACON!"
shaashaine

Re: A question for the Spices.....

Postby wren on May 12th, 2008, 3:39 pm

Shaa, That is Kathryn Falk, Lady Barrow and that is her real name! She is the real-life person behind Romantic Times Book Club Magazine, the RT Conference, and other concerns. (See SWV, p. 182) Lynsay sent her a copy of the book and got her permission to have her as a character, especially in such a funny role, and she was gracious enough to read it and give her permission. It does make it seem more realistic and funnier, since she really is the person who would be leading the conference. She is one of the people who has made the Romance Genre what it is today. To see what she looks like, you can do a search for Romantic Times Book Club Magazine, and see things about the latest issue, as well as her column. So, don't expect a book about her...unless Lynsay decides to add nonfiction to her writing credits! In the Argeneau books, she only appears as herself...kind of like a cameo in a movie! :lol:
wren

Postby shaashaine on May 12th, 2008, 3:53 pm

awww man..i remember reading TD&H for the first time and thinking that maybe she was an immortal because even Marguerite couldnt read/control her and maybe she'll have her own book later on...way to burst my bubble LOL
anyway thanks for clearing it up wren
"Bippidy, Boppidy, BACON!"
shaashaine

Postby ~Linda~ on May 19th, 2008, 11:09 am

wren wrote:Shaa, That is Kathryn Falk, Lady Barrow and that is her real name! She is the real-life person behind Romantic Times Book Club Magazine, the RT Conference, and other concerns. (See SWV, p. 182) Lynsay sent her a copy of the book and got her permission to have her as a character, especially in such a funny role, and she was gracious enough to read it and give her permission. It does make it seem more realistic and funnier, since she really is the person who would be leading the conference. She is one of the people who has made the Romance Genre what it is today. To see what she looks like, you can do a search for Romantic Times Book Club Magazine, and see things about the latest issue, as well as her column. So, don't expect a book about her...unless Lynsay decides to add nonfiction to her writing credits! In the Argeneau books, she only appears as herself...kind of like a cameo in a movie! :lol:

I met her at RT she was very nice. You can tell she is a extremely confident woman, I can see why no one could read her .lol. that is one of my favorite scenes. I had never even heard of RT before SWV. So I have Lynsay to thank for me going to RT and meeting so many wonderful people. Still bummed that the Spices werent there.
2 of My friends live near SF and are going to go the the conference the Lynsay will be at . I wish I could go. But alas my funds for travel have been depleated for a while.
The world is so Backasswards
It makes me wish I was
DYSLEXIC!
~Linda~

Return to Discuss The Characters