Nanos - Other Senses

Talk about the Argeneau family members and what makes them so real.

Re: Nanos - Other Senses

Postby wren on June 18th, 2008, 6:51 pm

sin wrote:Stauri You are so funny Wren! "Biting is Bad", lol

Stauri, depends on the circumstances.

Thanks, sin, I will try the hoofmaker. Although, it makes me think of horses for some reason. Well, Stauri & sin, I was talking biting in regard to fingernails and manicures and acrylic not breaking a fang...er, I meant tooth!

As for other biting...well, there are those immortal emergencies that we must be trained to deal with...oh, and when you meet your lifemate...must have "love bites!" Many, many happy love bites! Image

Ummm...Lynsay made me say it! She causes all these thoughts to pop in my head, bless her wonderful ability to write books! Image I'm really a sweet & innocent southern belle...although some belles are born with fangs. Bwahahahaha!
wren

Postby sin on June 18th, 2008, 7:01 pm

So right you are wren. Hoofmaker is for horse hooves. It makes them stronger and less brittle. Like I said it also has a smell. But it will cure your biting. And if they do break you will not feel it unless it is jagged and you stab yourself.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby lisa on August 9th, 2008, 9:17 am

About the nanos? Do they undo things to the body previously done before the turning. You know surgeries where something is removed(organs,limbs etc)? Has Lynsay ever mentioned that in the forum, blog or books. I know that diseases, cancers are cured (LB) according to Margurite. Do tattos just jump off the skin? Do piercings just go away? Does a one legged man suddenly have to relearn to walk with two legs again? :?: :?: :?:
lisa

Postby Denise on August 9th, 2008, 6:21 pm

Good question. We know about the piercings, tatoos, disease from previous conversations, but things like an amputee have never been discussed. That would be difficult to explain to friends, :o .
Denise

Postby lisa on August 10th, 2008, 8:15 am

I was just thinking (dangerous for me) that a lot of our descriptions of lawbreakers or suspects refers to scars, tats, etc. and if someone had gone rogue and was changing known suspects appearance then they wouldnt get a second glance by people who were looking for them. Be honest, when you meet people with lots of tats, piercings, scars or physical differences that is one of the first thing you notice when you are learning their names. I dont have tattoos but some are really scary and some are very beautiful , and when they are very prominant I do tend to notice those first so I can remember who they are ( Im terrible with names). ( please dont take offense if you have tats) :oops:
lisa

Postby lisa on August 11th, 2008, 6:01 pm

Please dont take offense if you have piercings or tats. I dont have them but i am very squeamish !!! Also I have never found anything that I want to have forever on my skin. I have some friends and relatives with tats, and some of their designs are beautiful. Of course, the more elaborate the design the more I wonder how much that hurt!! In my job we have to check IDs and last week there was a guy whose only ID was his PRISON ID CARD. It listed all his scars and tats and he was one scary dude. That is why I suddenly realized how much we use known characteristics (tats/scars) to identify people. Imagine if mortal law enforcement was trying to locate a suspect in a crowd and was looking only at individuals with these visible characteristics. If their skin was suddenly wiped clean then they could easily overlook their suspects. The new turnee wouldnt even have to have learned to use mind control, he could just walk on by :!: :!: :shock: ( this is me limping away foot in mouth) :oops:
lisa

Postby GiGi3 on August 11th, 2008, 10:21 pm

lisa wrote:About the nanos? Do they undo things to the body previously done before the turning. You know surgeries where something is removed(organs,limbs etc)? Has Lynsay ever mentioned that in the forum, blog or books. I know that diseases, cancers are cured (LB) according to Margurite. Do tattos just jump off the skin? Do piercings just go away? Does a one legged man suddenly have to relearn to walk with two legs again? :?: :?: :?:

Good question...I am not quite sure if it has been tackled yet!, but my guess would be things like piercings and tats would most likly be seen as foren by the body and go. I have 2 tats and used to have 2 piercings (before my kids)...but even with our bodies now,a piercing tries to get pushed out for a least the first week. Its a battle almost not worth fighting. I would think that being the case they would be gone, maybe not right away..but if you ever took out he ring (or whatever you have) it will close as soon as possible.
Just my opinion!!..anyone else have an idea!
Image[/url]

FATE GAVE HER FANGS.........HE"LL SHOW ME HOW TO USE THEM!!!!
GiGi3

Postby AmberGriffiths on August 13th, 2008, 5:32 pm

Hmmm... Maybe, if an immortal had an earring in or something of the sort and they didn't take it out then they would slowly become weaker. Because I know that the nanos repair all damages and if something is there to stop them healing - ie. a stake - then the nanos carry on trying to do the job. Then again, it is just a little hole so maybe they wouldn't. It sounded good in my head :D
Brad - Look it's a falling star
Me - Dont you mean shooting??
Brad - No. I looked at you and meant fallen though.

Love Yu Perv
AmberGriffiths

Postby booboolizzy on August 13th, 2008, 5:36 pm

I think I remember one of the books mentioning that the nanos consider tattoos and piercings damage and therefore, would heal them. Don't quote me on it, but if I remember correctly, I think it was discussed VI and had to do with it being easy to recognize GG as mortal because he has tattoos and piercings...
"Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up." - Dean Karnazes
booboolizzy

Postby Copper on August 15th, 2008, 4:48 am

i think tattoos would be taken away but like when they are shot the nanos just heal around but cant go though the metal so i think if u had your ears pierced as long as you kept your earings in the nanos would not be able to heal the hole
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
Copper

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss The Characters