****Under a Vampire Moon****ONLY if read the Book

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: ****Under a Vampire Moon****ONLY if read the Book

Postby sin on April 27th, 2012, 8:52 am

:oops: gnd. I still have not made a wren length post. well maybe I have just not on the topic of the books..

Tom- we know Carolyn stated she wants to sell her companies first. Who knows maybe like Terri she will be a late turner and hers will happen in a story we are visiting. Hopefully it will not be an accident that will require an emergency turn.

If not the turn itself then maybe right after..You know a visit and lookie who is now immortal :D

I still think maybe a Argeneau-Notte merge will happen that way the companies will remain hers. Who knows Christian may just make the company in honour of both his parents ;)
Last edited by sin on May 3rd, 2012, 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby sin on April 27th, 2012, 10:24 am

lil sis rockie has read the book and will be on laters to comment. Maybe not today but this weekend :)

sin

Postby TomEC on April 27th, 2012, 4:47 pm

sin wrote:Tom- we know Carolyn stated she wants to sell her companies first. Who knows maybe like Terri she will be a late turner and hers will happen in a story we are visiting. Hopefully it will not be an accident that will require an emergency turn.

If not the turn itself then maybe right after..You know a visit and lookie who is now immortal :D

Yeah, I remember how it happened with Sam. That was okay, though I personally prefer that it happen to a point-of-view character rather than seeing it through the eyes of someone else. Oh well, I understand that Lynsay needs to mix things up and not have the same scenario play out in every book. Besides, not everyone has the same preferences, in that regard, that I do. I'm just fascinated, and a little in love, with the idea of characters I like and care about gaining limitless youth and cool superpowers. That's what first drew me to the Argeneau novels, though it's Lynsay's writing, humor and that wonderful cast of characters that keeps me there. I'm not even a romance fan; just a fan of good books.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby Lynsay on April 27th, 2012, 5:04 pm

Dang, i posted a comment and it appears to have disappeared.

So, here goes again... I am super happy Christian's story finally came out. Feels like I've waited for it FOREVER!

Anyway, Sin, glad you enjoyed it. Hope it didn't cause you any discomfort. That would make me feel awful.

Tom, sorry I didn't put in the turn for Carolyn. Fact is they keep reducing my word count and that means I have to leave things out. Honestly, as it is, I cut somewhere between 30k and 50k out of Christian's story in three different run throughs. If I don't keep to or close to word count, THEY will do the cutting and we never agree on what is important.

Ah well, guess it's back to work for me. I'm nearly done Anders story. (THANK YOU GOD!) I swear, this new writing speed is enough to drive me wild. Slow and frustrating to me.

Enough griping. Gotta check and see if there is anything else I should respond to and then get back to work. Have another hour of writing time then break for a couple hours before writing through the night. Company is expected. Teddy's girlfriends and their awesome owner. I swear the pup thinks he has a harem and totally doesn't notice that he is ten pounds and tiny to their 90 pounds and tall. The pup could probably stand under both of them. Fortunately, they are sweet and patient and humor him. Actually, they're kind of protective of him and have been known to get barky and mean with each other out of jealousy. My Teddy the canine Casanova. Shrug.

Ciao babes
Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby TomEC on April 27th, 2012, 5:48 pm

Thanks Lynsay. I totally understand.

Anders story?

Almost done?

Really?

Cool!
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby TomEC on April 27th, 2012, 6:50 pm

Okay, here's my official reaction to Under A Vampire Moon. I'm such a windbag that I felt I needed to collect my thoughts in a Word document and then, when I finally had it together, stick it on the forum. I can't say that this is all I have to say on this. I wouldn't want to get your hopes up.

:idea: I see that Lynsay has introduced a fascinating group of new characters. Christians cousins were an interesting bunch. I liked them all and would like to talk about them more but I listened to the audio book and I'm not sure how to spell some of those names. The bald fellow, Santo? Is an intriguing character. His sleep issues suggest he has a very interesting past. I feel bad for the other fellow, (I won't even attempt to spell his name) the one Carolyn at first thought was gay. Watching him try to compensate for it was hilarious, though. I liked Giacinta. I look forward to seeing them in future books.

:idea: This book was our first opportunity to see Marguerite and Julius together in wedded bliss for an extended period of time. As an absolutely shameless Marguerite fan I need to say this: Thank you, Lynsay, from the bottom of my heart.

:idea: The whole gay thing was certainly a hoot but I must admit that I was very relieved when Christian finally revealed the truth to Carolyn. Prolonged deception makes me uncomfortable. Prolonged misunderstanding drives me crazy.

:idea: I really found myself enjoying the scenes in the book when Carolyn got drunk and opened up. I think she was the most delightfully charming drunk I can ever remember encountering in fiction. Drunkenness is usually an ugly thing and Lynsay did a wonderful job of walking that tightrope here. I'm not exactly sure why drunk Carolyn was so appealing. Maybe it's because once all her inhibitions were gone, she was still such a sweet person. She may be a threat for my top five favorite females in the Argeneau universe.

:idea: Captain Jack was quite a surprise to me. Like Sin, I disliked him at first and was amazed when he turned out to be this playboy-with-a-heart-of-gold. His behavior was actually kind of heroic. What he said to Carolyn was exactly what I wanted to say to her myself. Like Carolyn, I suppose I assumed that all playboys were jerks. I'm still not sure on that one as I can't really say I've ever met a playboy. I have, however, met a lot of jerks and the good captain definitely wasn't one of them. Maybe he'll show up in a later book. I, for one, would not begrudge the man a life mate.

:idea: Do you think Marguerite will keep Genie in mind as she match-makes in the future? I hope so.

:idea: As a shortened version of Carolyn, Caro seems so much cooler than Carol.

:idea: I feel kind of silly but I didn't spot Bethany for what she was before the end. After having read so many books, I fancied myself difficult to fool and Lynsay left more than enough clues. I was actually feeling sorry for Bethany, wondering why Lynsay was handing this woman such a raw deal. I guess, in the end, I still felt a little sorry for her, though only a little. Sure, she was as much a victim of Robert as Carolyn was but, had the situation been reversed, I don't believe for one second that Carolyn would have done to Bethany what Bethany tried to do to her.

:idea: So what does one do about Robert? In this character, I think Lynsay has drawn portrait of a typical scheming, manipulative sociopath. He's obviously not the kind that uses his female victims for sexual gratification since he doesn't seem to be much in that area. This is probably one reason why he turned out to be a con man rather than a serial killer. Like the human predator that he is, he stocked his prey, spotted her weaknesses and zeroed in on them. He apparently, like so many of his kind, can turn on the charm when he needs to; which explains how Carolyn and the misguided Bethany fell victim to him despite his rather unimpressive physical attributes.
The question is: will Robert be willing to leave Carolyn alone once the financial incentive is gone? He might not, since, without love or consideration for others, the only thing a sociopath lives for is winning. It's a good thing that Carolyn has some capable protectors now. I think Robert would be good candidate for a three on one, don't you?

:idea: In the end, it was very satisfying and enjoyable to see Christian finally settled with such a wonderful life mate. Again, great job Lynsay! I'm sad it's over, though. It ended too soon. Curse you, word counts! I guess it's Jeanne Louise’s story next. Just three months to go! So Lynsay, always drive carefully. Have you had a checkup lately? Look after yourself so you can live a long and healthy life and write lots of books. I'm so selfless. ;)
Last edited by TomEC on April 29th, 2012, 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
TomEC

Postby sin on April 27th, 2012, 11:27 pm

Lynsay no undue discomfort here. ;) As for the edited word count, I know a few authors who on their site have a section listed as deleted-scenes. Just a thought. Maybe under the series section have a topic that only you post these in. It can be from all of the Argeneau stories. Historical stories also if you have to edit them like-wise.

Will be doing another read through again to see if I missed anything. I do have more thoughts & theories. bauhahahaha.

Do we have a titles for Anders book yet

sin

Postby Appoloin on April 28th, 2012, 8:51 am

Captain Jack .... Maybe he'll show up in a later book. I, for one, would not begrudge the man a life mate.

We do spend a lot of time Captain Jack and Marguerite did appear to be interested, so perhaps LS is setting up another story.

Was it only me who though of the character from Torchwood/Dr Who when they saw the name Captain Jack

Do you think Marguerite will keep Genie in mind as she match-makes in the future? I hope so.

I'm not sure, Marguerite didn't react to her in the bar.

I think Robert would be good candidate for a three on one, don't you?

Too much effort, a walk into on coming traffic is much simpler
Appoloin

Postby rockie on April 28th, 2012, 8:10 pm

OMG, I loved the story! It was great!!
The whole gay thing was funny! I bout died!!
I think Captain Jack will end up being related some how.. I didn't like him for Caro, but he will be good for someone else..
Also think Genie will end up being related too! I sure as hell hope she is Marcus's life mate!! :mrgreen:
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby Denise on April 29th, 2012, 1:54 pm

I fully endorse the "Things that had to be cut" section on the webpage for die hard fans. I always enjoy reading those little extras.

As for the book... yes, Genie needs a lifemate. I could see Marg. and Julius calling Marcus an telling him to come and join them for a little vacation. Captain Jack... don't the twins have an older sister that hasn't found a lifemate yet? Name escapes me at the moment. The cousins... Gia definitely. I could see her with GG. They'd be G-cubed, LOL. Definitely a story behind Santos's angst.

Not tooting my own horn, but I pegged the villain quickly, and even the relationship with Robert. Things just didn't seem right to me. At one point I even suspected that she was faking being ill so that Caro would have to be alone more and that Robert was there somewhere attempting to kill her. Never suspected the diabetic medicine as a tool, though. Thought that was setting up an emergency situation where Christian would have to turn her. When reading on an ereader, it's hard to tell exactly how much story is left, especially when there is an excerpt at the end. I, too, felt the abrupt ending, Tom. I was suspecting that one of the next books would pick up right where this one left off (remember my Marcus theory) and we'd see more of the two of them, then.

Now, speaking of excerpts, LOVED the JL excerpt. Wow, can't even begin to see how that's going to resolve because if she turns the daughter, she can't turn him. But Marg. still has a turn left, you know...
Denise

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss the Series