****Under a Vampire Moon****ONLY if read the Book

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: ****Under a Vampire Moon****ONLY if read the Book

Postby TomEC on April 29th, 2012, 4:47 pm

Denise wrote:Now, speaking of excerpts, LOVED the JL excerpt. Wow, can't even begin to see how that's going to resolve because if she turns the daughter, she can't turn him. But Marg. still has a turn left, you know...

Actually, throughout this series, a whole butch of Argeneaus have found and turned their life mates. They have used their turns but their life mates have not. Which means that there are ton of family members around who have their life mates and their turns. I'm just saying.

Addition to my post:

I warned you that there might be more.

:idea: I've never seen dress tape before. Sounds painful. If Theresa had ever worn a dress like that, she probably would have needed it as bad as Carolyn did. My beloved would never be caught dead dressed like that and I would have the same objection to it that Christian did; for the same reason. However, if she stayed home and only I got to see it, well... ;)
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby Denise on April 29th, 2012, 7:32 pm

True, Tom. I had forgotten about that. I guess I was just thinking about "born" immortals, and I keep forgetting that Marg. wasn't born one. She's been one so long that I tend to think of her a having always been one.
Denise

Postby sin on April 29th, 2012, 9:20 pm

Denise wrote:I fully endorse the "Things that had to be cut" section on the webpage for die hard fans. I always enjoy reading those little extras.

Yes indeedy :)

As for the book... yes, Genie needs a lifemate. I could see Marg. and Julius calling Marcus an telling him to come and join them for a little vacation. Captain Jack... don't the twins have an older sister that hasn't found a lifemate yet? Name escapes me at the moment.

That would be Elspeth

The cousins... Gia definitely. I could see her with GG. They'd be G-cubed, LOL. Definitely a story behind Santos's angst.

ROTFL too funny

Not tooting my own horn, but I pegged the villain quickly, and even the relationship with Robert. Things just didn't seem right to me. At one point I even suspected that she was faking being ill so that Caro would have to be alone more and that Robert was there somewhere attempting to kill her. Never suspected the diabetic medicine as a tool, though. Thought that was setting up an emergency situation where Christian would have to turn her.

Same here. The shoe incident was the tip off for me.. The first one

When reading on an ereader, it's hard to tell exactly how much story is left, especially when there is an excerpt at the end.

I know it tells you how many pages are left for the chapter

I, too, felt the abrupt ending, Tom. I was suspecting that one of the next books would pick up right where this one left off (remember my Marcus theory) and we'd see more of the two of them, then.

I believe I mentioned this also on Marcus's thread. First thought I had also

Now, speaking of excerpts, LOVED the JL excerpt. Wow, can't even begin to see how that's going to resolve because if she turns the daughter, she can't turn him. But Marg. still has a turn left, you know...

But remember she can NOT turn the child. Not only is it against the rules but look at Lily. As they work in R&D I think there is a solution for the daughter. Also Marguerite already knows as most at AE if they had done a back ground check. So...I think a bug has already been placed in Lucian's ear to look for a answer..PDQ..LOl Can not wait for this story to be out..

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby TomEC on April 30th, 2012, 6:53 pm

Denise wrote:Not tooting my own horn, but I pegged the villain quickly, and even the relationship with Robert. Things just didn't seem right to me. At one point I even suspected that she was faking being ill so that Caro would have to be alone more and that Robert was there somewhere attempting to kill her.

Nice going Denise. You were on the ball with that one. I sure wasn't. Not this time.

sin wrote:
Denise wrote:Now, speaking of excerpts, LOVED the JL excerpt. Wow, can't even begin to see how that's going to resolve because if she turns the daughter, she can't turn him. But Marg. still has a turn left, you know...

But remember she can NOT turn the child. Not only is it against the rules but look at Lily. As they work in R&D I think there is a solution for the daughter. Also Marguerite already knows as most at AE if they had done a back ground check. So...I think a bug has already been placed in Lucian's ear to look for a answer..PDQ..LOl Can not wait for this story to be out..

Hmmm I should really should read that excerpt before commenting on this but it's three months until the book comes out and that would be torture. In any case, I may end up putting my foot in my mouth here. It won't be the first time.

I'd forgotten about the rule against turning children but it makes sense. Though some may argue that the situation with Lily was more the result of her being under the control and influence of a monster than simply because she was turned as a child but that would be one of the potential pitfalls. It is true that all the ones who were born immortal started out as children and grew up normally, still, turning a child...
I think one of the main reasons for such a rule would simply be because no one can be turned without their consent and a child wouldn't have the emotional maturity to make a such a radically life-changing decision. There would be all kinds of pitfalls to that. Also if the stories are true that some people have gone mad simply from the pain and agony of the turn, how might it affect a child? Still again, the rule about consent has been bent or broken often enough in life or death emergencies. I, for one, would not want to stand by and watch a child die if it were in my power to prevent it, rules or no rules. How much more would that be the case if the person standing by with the girl's own father? If he were turned, would he not have a turn of his own? Or would he not, at least, reason along those lines? If that's the dilemma in the upcoming book it'll be interesting to see how it's solved. Although, as Sin pointed out, they have a lab right there. Darn it! Three months to go.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby TomEC on May 1st, 2012, 10:08 am

TomEC wrote:Hmmm I should really should read that excerpt before commenting on this but it's three months until the book comes out and that would be torture. In any case, I may end up putting my foot in my mouth here. It won't be the first time.

Well I just realized something. The excerpt from Lynsay's upcoming book is not on her website. I understand Denise read it on the back of the e-book. Which means it's unavailable to me since I bought the audiobook. So I guess I have an excuse for commenting on a scenario that I only have the vaguest idea about. :oops:
TomEC

Postby Appoloin on May 1st, 2012, 3:23 pm

Well I just realized something. The excerpt from Lynsay's upcoming book is not on her website. I understand Denise read it on the back of the e-book. Which means it's unavailable to me since I bought the audiobook. So I guess I have an excuse for commenting on a scenario that I only have the vaguest idea about. :oops:

I don't read sneak peaks, I find then frustrating they always stop just as it gets interesting. But I have read a review (I guess the arc's have been shipped) I've pasted it below.

Upon leaving work, JL is rendered unconscious and wakes up in chains, but it doesn't last long. She finds out that she has been kidnapped by a desperate mortal father (a research scientist that works for the Argeneaus) of a little girl dying of cancer and she can't read him. She's now out to help this small family while they are being chased by Enforcers because they still think she has been kidnapped.
Appoloin

Postby Denise on May 3rd, 2012, 12:55 am

Welcome, Appoloin!

And I know what you mean about reading the sneak peaks. It kills me, too, when the book isn't out, yet, but I can't seem to help myself. :roll:
Denise

Postby TomEC on May 3rd, 2012, 3:35 am

Appoloin wrote:I don't read sneak peaks, I find then frustrating they always stop just as it gets interesting. But I have read a review (I guess the arc's have been shipped) I've pasted it below.

Upon leaving work, JL is rendered unconscious and wakes up in chains, but it doesn't last long. She finds out that she has been kidnapped by a desperate mortal father (a research scientist that works for the Argeneaus) of a little girl dying of cancer and she can't read him. She's now out to help this small family while they are being chased by Enforcers because they still think she has been kidnapped.

Thanks for that Appoloin. It sounds great. It even contains elements that resemble plot-lines I daydreamed after I started reading the Argeneau books. You know a series has gotten under your skin when you start imagining your own plots! I'm really looking forward to this one.

Oh and welcome to the forum Appoloin. I hope we hear more from you soon.
TomEC

Postby MysticFan on May 3rd, 2012, 7:43 pm

I finished the book a few nights ago and I so loved it! Everything just flowed so well and I just adore Caro and the fact that Christian found his life mate. It was also nice to be introduced to some new faces. For some reason I was drawn to Santo… guess it may have been the fact that he was a drummer, or could have been the short/shaved hair? (My hubby sports short hair…lol). Like Sin, I did not enjoy Captain Jack being all up in Carolyn’s space, but I did enjoy him. He is definitely a memorable character. I don’t know why but I found it so very funny that Christian mentioned his TBR pile of books, I have no reason why, but for some reason that really cracked me up. I did not care for Robert or Beth! I could smell a rat for the get go and I realized that Caro’s water had been tampered with, as well as her shoes. Genie, on the other hand is very likeable and I do hope we get to read more from her. Overall, I really loved the book. I am sure there is more I want to mention, but at the moment, I am drawing a blank. :)
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby grlnxtdr29 on May 3rd, 2012, 7:55 pm

I figured out the water right off, but not the shoes, atleast not till it happened a second time. I was suspicious of Beth as soon as it was mentioned she was diabetic.
grlnxtdr29

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss the Series