****The Lady is a Vamp EXCERPT Sopilers***

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

****The Lady is a Vamp EXCERPT Sopilers***

Postby sin on May 3rd, 2012, 10:53 am

This topic is to discuss all in relation to the EXCERPT. This way for those who have not nor wish to read it they will not know what it entails by it being on UaVM topic.

Please feel free to continue the discussion here. Thank you

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Re: ****The Lady is a Vamp EXCERPT Sopilers***

Postby MysticFan on May 3rd, 2012, 7:05 pm

I don't know if it was due to all the pregnancy hormones, but I was all teary eyed while reading the excerpt. Livy’s introduction was so heart wrenching and I so hope things turn into a happy ending for her. I find it funny that Jeanne Louise blames the reason she can't read Paul is due to the drugs that he had given her. I know that would be a good reason to why she could not read him, but does lifemates not cross her mind? I can’t wait to find out her reaction when she finds out why she keeps coming up against a blank wall when trying to read him. I am just so excited to read this one... cannot wait!
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby sin on May 3rd, 2012, 11:11 pm

Well Mystic I can not blame the pregnancy hormones, but I also was choked up. No I don't think she even thought about it as she is exhausted and then pumped full of drugs. Most likely after she sleeps and the effects were off THEN she will be blindsided by it. I have a sneaky feeling that good ole Aunt Margarete met Paul before she left for her honeymoon and saw the signs.

She either informed Lucian & or Bastien about it so they could be working for a cure. Cause we all know the rule about turning children. And Livy is only 5. That would be just plain cruel for Jeanne Louise to find her life mate and loose his daughter. Lynsay is NOT that cruel. But you can bet there will be a LOT of excitement and misconceptions along the way.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby MysticFan on May 4th, 2012, 1:17 am

Ya know, I never even thought about Margarete, but I have to agree, you can pretty much bet on it that she has had her matchmaking hand in this one as well...lol. I do hope there is a way for all to be okay with Livy, I also do not think that Lindsy is that cruel. I am definitely looking forward to release day. I am so anxious about seeing how this one plays out. It is going to be eating me up with all the wondering! :)

MysticFan

Postby TomEC on May 4th, 2012, 4:46 am

Wow! The more I hear about the way this book begins, the more, fired up I am to get my hands on it. True enough, Lynsay would never create such a scenario and then leave a child to die. I will, however, keep an open mind about the solution. Sometimes unusual ones are found, like, for instance, the way Jacky was turned in ABTR.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby MysticFan on May 4th, 2012, 5:04 pm

TomEC wrote: I will, however, keep an open mind about the solution. Sometimes unusual ones are found, like, for instance, the way Jacky was turned in ABTR.

That is so true, Tom! I had forgotten about Jacky and her unexpected turn, so that does leave a number of things that could play out. I am hopeful that this is one of those 'where there's a will there's a way' situations, and with Lynsay, it very well could turn out to be a bit of a doozy. Lol.

MysticFan

Postby Appoloin on May 4th, 2012, 5:08 pm

There will be no miracle cancer cure from the Argeneau lab, nanos will be the girls only hope. And there could be few problems with turning Livy, one is her age, and the another is cancer drugs and nanos don't play nice together.
Appoloin

Postby Lynsay on May 6th, 2012, 2:22 pm

Appoloin is right. Unless there is suddenly a cure in the real world, you won't see a cure for anything in the Argeneau world and there is presently no cure for cancer.

The only other thing I can say is this, turning an adult mortal into an immortal without their permission is not allowed either... with one or two exceptions such as the one that popped up for Stephano in A Bite to Remember.

That's ALL I'm saying.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby TomEC on May 6th, 2012, 5:37 pm

Lynsay wrote:Tom it's true there are a lot of immortals who still have turns, mostly newly turned ones. However, it would be asking a lot of them to ask them to give up that turn. What if their present mate dies ten, a hundred or a thousand years down the road? They'll have given up that turn to someone else and therefore have to live out this long life they've been given alone unless they encounter an immortal who matches them. They'd be in the situation Vincent was in after turning Stephano which is why he wouldn't even consider Marguerite's offer to turn Jackie (or was that one of the things cut out? I can never recall what stays in and what gets pulled out)

Vincent's actions in turning Stephano were pretty heroic, they were spurred by guilt (because the saboteur was out to hurt him and Stephano was just collateral damage) and the panic of the moment. If he'd had time to think he might not have done it, though we'd like to think he would have. Now, Stephano's father or mother or brother might have turned him even with time to think, because of familial love, but others wouldn't be likely to, and no immortal would dare to ask another to give up so much.

Since this comes from someone who knows, I will take that to mean none of the folks I suggested earlier will offer their turns. Fair enough. But I noted that you didn't comment on my suggestion that a father, once turned, and in possession of a turn of his own, would be unlikely to worry about any rules against turning children when it came down to the life of his own child. I know such a father would never concern himself with a possible need for a turn in some distant, unknown future; certainly not when he's willing to do something as hopeless and desperate as kidnapping an immortal. Did not Stephano's mother offer to turn him?

Man, I'm stoked for this book! The dramatic potential in a scenario like that is, to me, through the roof! I get teary eyed just thinking about it! Crap! I've got a long wait ahead of me.

Lynsay wrote:Appoloin is right. Unless there is suddenly a cure in the real world, you won't see a cure for anything in the Argeneau world and there is presently no cure for cancer.

Yeah, I kind of figured that was the case.

Lynsay wrote:That's all right though, I noticed while digging out the dandelions this morning that it's a good job for letting your mind float and ponder over story ideas.

That is so true.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby TomEC on May 12th, 2012, 1:38 pm

I finally did it. :D I managed to find a way to read the excerpt for The Lady is a Vamp. I don't normally read excerpts months before the actual book comes out but, since I had the audio-book version of Under a Vampire Moon, I didn't have easy access to this one so naturally I wanted it. I've heard so much about it anyway that I wanted to read it for myself. Here's how I managed it:

Photography doesn't pay the bills unless you're in an established studio in a large market, so when I'm not being a photographer or a pseudo-intellectual windbag, I clean a grocery store at night. Well, my brother and I divide the job each cleaning two nights alone and working together the other nights. This would be mindnumbing work if it wasn't for my iPhone and my account at audible.com. I can spend hours cleaning away happily listening to a book. This setup makes many jobs go faster. When a book I'm especially looking forward to comes out, like one of Lynsay's, I actually find myself looking forward to my long nights of cleaning alone. I noticed on the book rack in the store were a few copies of Under a Vampire Moon. I made my plans. After I finished cleaning the other night, I turned out the main lights and found a chair. So there I was, sitting in a grocery store at 3:00 AM reading the excerpt. I felt a little nervous doing it, a bit guilty, like I was doing something bad. I guess I'm just not an outlaw at heart. :oops:

It was everything I had heard it was and confirmed my suspicion that, for me at least, this is the most anticipated book that Lynsay has yet produced. How can you not love a guy who would be willing to risk it all and put his life on the line for his little girl, for love.
TomEC

Next

Return to Discuss the Series