****The Lady is a Vamp EXCERPT Sopilers***

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: ****The Lady is a Vamp EXCERPT Sopilers***

Postby MysticFan on May 14th, 2012, 8:01 am

Yay, Tom! So glad that you finally got a chance to read the excerpt. The way it came about just proves that as Lynsay's fans we will pretty much go to any length to get a peek at what's to come. Lol! :)
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby grlnxtdr29 on May 15th, 2012, 5:57 pm

When I worked as a security guard, one of my regular posts was the Library Parking Garage. every day on my Break I'd be up in the Library skimming Books I hadnt had a chance to buy yet, So I know how you feel, Tom....
grlnxtdr29

Postby ~Linda~ on May 15th, 2012, 8:58 pm

Dude high five to you Tom..
I too work at a grocery store, file maintenance & cashier. So I go in at 4am armed with my ipod and audible acct :mrgreen: soooooo I do the same thing plug myself into a good story and time passes so much quickly.

I agree I too am very much looking forward to getting my heart tugged out by this story. Any man who would give up everything for his sick child.... Seriously can not wait.

TomEC wrote:I finally did it. :D I managed to find a way to read the excerpt for The Lady is a Vamp. I don't normally read excerpts months before the actual book comes out but, since I had the audio-book version of Under a Vampire Moon, I didn't have easy access to this one so naturally I wanted it. I've heard so much about it anyway that I wanted to read it for myself. Here's how I managed it:

Photography doesn't pay the bills unless you're in an established studio in a large market, so when I'm not being a photographer or a pseudo-intellectual windbag, I clean a grocery store at night. Well, my brother and I divide the job each cleaning two nights alone and working together the other nights. This would be mindnumbing work if it wasn't for my iPhone and my account at audible.com. I can spend hours cleaning away happily listening to a book. This setup makes many jobs go faster. When a book I'm especially looking forward to comes out, like one of Lynsay's, I actually find myself looking forward to my long nights of cleaning alone. I noticed on the book rack in the store were a few copies of Under a Vampire Moon. I made my plans. After I finished cleaning the other night, I turned out the main lights and found a chair. So there I was, sitting in a grocery store at 3:00 AM reading the excerpt. I felt a little nervous doing it, a bit guilty, like I was doing something bad. I guess I'm just not an outlaw at heart. :oops:

It was everything I had heard it was and confirmed my suspicion that, for me at least, this is the most anticipated book that Lynsay has yet produced. How can you not love a guy who would be willing to risk it all and put his life on the line for his little girl, for love.
The world is so Backasswards
It makes me wish I was
DYSLEXIC!
~Linda~

Postby lisa on May 15th, 2012, 8:59 pm

I just saw the cover of The Lady is a Vamp on the Amazon website. Beautiful!
lisa

Postby ~Linda~ on May 15th, 2012, 9:17 pm

me too love it :) Image

lisa wrote:I just saw the cover of The Lady is a Vamp on the Amazon website. Beautiful!
The world is so Backasswards
It makes me wish I was
DYSLEXIC!
~Linda~

Postby grlnxtdr29 on May 16th, 2012, 12:24 pm

Hmmm, Am I the only one who thinks the Model for JL looks like Lisa Marie?
grlnxtdr29

Postby TomEC on May 16th, 2012, 4:55 pm

~Linda~ wrote:Dude high five to you Tom..
I too work at a grocery store, file maintenance & cashier. So I go in at 4am armed with my ipod and audible acct :mrgreen: soooooo I do the same thing plug myself into a good story and time passes so much quickly.

You too, eh? Well high five right back at you. It's nice to meet a fellow audio-book lover.

My wife Theresa did file maintenance & cashiering at my store until four years ago. After seventeen years at that place, she couldn't take the office culture anymore. Now she works in housekeeping and the kitchen at the hospital and is much happier. I suppose, since I work there after everyone else has gone home, I can handle it for the time being. Theresa hates my hours, though. Also, if it wasn't for my audio-books and podcasts, the job would be unbearably mind-numbing and I would probably have given it up by now. I'm one of those people who needs constant mental stimulation.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby susan60625 on June 14th, 2012, 11:00 am

Okay, I'm not in my normal computer surroundings, so I need little help. Where do I find this excerpt?
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby TomEC on June 14th, 2012, 11:38 am

You will find it in the back of your copy of Under A Vampire Moon when it arrives.

Another thing to have to wait for. Sorry.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby TomEC on July 30th, 2012, 1:04 pm

Well tomorrow TLV comes out and I would like to go on record with a bit of speculation.

There are a thousand and one ways this could come out but I think one way it could work out is if Jeanne Louise were to end up turning Paul and Paul, it turn, where then to turn Livy, thus saving her life. I'm not saying that's how it will turn out... but it could.

I also considered the possibility, because of the kidnapping thing, that there might be a misunderstanding that would lead Jeanne Louise and Paul to end up on the run with something of a cliffhanger ending like with The Renegade Hunter. I really hope this does not turn out to be the case because I don't much care for cliffhangers since I hate being made to wait.

I'm very excited about this one as I expect it to pact an emotional wallop. I love books that move me close to tears. I know that doesn't sound very manly but I think I can trust this group not to give me grief about it.
TomEC

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss the Series