The Rouge Hunter....***SPOILERS***

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: The Rouge Hunter....***SPOILERS***

Postby wren on November 27th, 2008, 12:32 pm

I agree kendraj...Mortimer's & Sam's story is wonderful. Now we are all waiting with anticipation for Decker's & Dani's story, due out in March 09! I also replied to you on the Hi & Welcome of the general discussion! Glad you have joined us... :)
wren

Postby Mary on November 27th, 2008, 11:04 pm

I think that Jo's story will be pretty interesting my self. The Renegade Hunter sounds like it'll be good, but ALL these books are wonderful to me. :D
My dreamy Immortal Christian.
Come to my dreams always.
Mary

Postby Double E on November 28th, 2008, 10:49 pm

Well, I guess it is only right for my first post to be about the first book I read in the series. Hello everybody! I am Amiee and I too am addicted. I found TRH when I walked into Borders and asked for some vampire smut authors. Bet you didn't realize that was a genre. I didn't realize that TRH was part of a series ~ oh my. This was no more than a month ago and I am proud to say that I have only two books to go. I laughed throughout the book. It was hilarious Morti dismissed Sam as a klutz as first glance. Wow, she needs to get that ear infection taken care of (or just turn instead).

I agree that Marguerite should get involved with some matchmaking. I can't wait for my last two books to arrive. Too bad they won't tide me over until March/April.
Double E

Postby wren on November 29th, 2008, 8:51 am

Welcome Double E...we always play games and do little quizzes and work on our "theories" of what Lynsay is writing about next in our fave series to tide us over...oh, & we try to bribe Mr. Spice, but it doesn't really get us anywhere but to have a lot of fun since he is Lynsay's irl dear hubby and our moderator (which means he gets to proofread the final manuscript first and tease us about it!! :twisted: )

So I hope you'll join us! You won't find a more romantic or funnier immortal series anywhere...and if you are like most of us, you will read the series over & over! Glad you are here! :D
wren

Postby Mr Spice on November 29th, 2008, 11:19 am

Double E wrote:Too bad they won't tide me over until March/April.

Hi Aimee, welcome to Bedlam, home of the Argeneauts, the craziest band of readers, book horders and literature marauders to be found anywhere in the known universe (and if you ever watch Dr Who, the unknown universe, too [The Library, anyone?]).

Anyway, if you can't wait for March you might like to dip your toes in the waters of Lynsay's historical books, or her historical vampire collaborations with Hannah Howells, or even the shapeshifters to be found in the two 'holiday' anthologies.

Dave (who has read both of the next two books in the series, but who isn't saying much except to mention that the really big surprise in the next volume - and there is a BIG surprise coming - will not have anything to do with an octopus... or will it?)
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby ~Linda~ on November 29th, 2008, 7:06 pm

Mr Spice wrote:

Dave (who has read both of the next two books in the series, but who isn't saying much except to mention that the really big surprise in the next volume - and there is a BIG surprise coming - will not have anything to do with an octopus... or will it?)

Mr Spice you are...............EVILto taunt us like that.
Linda who is going to sulk and sort my horded books :mrgreen: Did I mention I just got a very large bookshelf...
The world is so Backasswards
It makes me wish I was
DYSLEXIC!
~Linda~

Postby wren on November 30th, 2008, 3:36 am

I am recently in trouble for my supposedly excessive bookstore purchases! It's sad, but true!Image Sorry, Lynsay dahling, but being my favourite author you are most at fault other than myself...although we can blame a few other authors that are second in the favourite list. I only buy one copy each of their books, so that explanation will only go so far! :lol: It's like this...I keep one set of Argeneau books by the computer for when I'm on the forum, one set of paperbacks on my top keeper shelves of my bookcase which is not in the same room as the computer (well, the ones by the Image are well-loved...and beginning to fall apart!) and what I've been able to get in hardcovers through the book clubs...that's just the Argeneau series and any books connected with it. I also have one copy of every hysterical historical and the other books on my keeper shelf. I'm trying to get all of Lynsay's books that are in print! :D

Also, the ARC of The Rogue Hunter does not leave my bedroom and only select people other than myself have even touched it those being sin & Gypsy :D who totally understand its importance...and I did let my frog prince and the two knights-in-training (squires?) look at it briefly so that they could be educated on the significance of an ARC :lol:

The other problem is there is LYNSAY, and then there are several other prominent authors tied in second place that are keepers. Also, my older son is an avid reader like me with several favourite authors and series Image so when we return from the bookstore with a big bag and dear hubby sees what was spent from the account Image poor little wren gets another reminder about things called "bills" and "looking at the checkbook amount" before I go shopping! Ooooooh!! I get it!! LOL So I promise Image to do better...and then when we are out and happen to stop in the bookstore with handy check card...ooops...surely one or two or three books (each) won't be too much! Image Go home, and dear hubby tries to explain once again...Image then gives up and bangs his own head at this point! Image It really all worked better when I paid the bills...Image...and everyone was a lot happier about it! Image I make a great secretary, so the frog prince still always knew where the money went...but I'm more careful when I know where it goes too! heehee

Anyway, next Saturday is the frog prince's & princess wren's 22nd wedding anniversary Image (yes, he has managed to put up with me for that long, or is it the other way around? hmmm...depends on the day Image) Soooooo, I'm hoping he will take me out to dinner and get me my two new copies of
Single White Vampire with the new cover before they are all gone, or at least one copy for my keeper shelf! I am in :shock: that I haven't been to the bookstore or to Kroger or Walgreens to find it yet!

Unfortunately, I have had a cold/migraine over the Thanksgiving holiday this past week...and I do not go shopping on what is called "Black Friday" to kick off the Christmas holiday sales especially when we are having a thunderstorm outside...and that wasn't my headache...it really was raining like that! I even felt too bad to shop online...oh, dear frog prince has caught on to that, too! Image

Also, last time I was in a bookstore I bought an Advent wreath and music cds...Dave & rockie & jill & all of you others into your music, you have got to hear David Phelps O Holy Night & it included a dvd of the holiday concert...it is soooooo good...my younger son says they must have replaced his real lungs with robotic lungs at birth because he can hold those notes so long!Image LOL For those who don't know of David Phelps, he is a southern gospel singer who was the tenor with "The Gaither Vocal Band" for several years, who is now solo and performs his music in a variety of styles. He has a classically trained voice. He does a great version of Mary, Did You Know? and a fun swing version of Here Comes Santa Claus and of course, he is well known for his version of the title song O Holy Night! All of the songs were excellent...I highly recommend that cd! Image Anyway, I didn't buy a single book Image as I didn't need any school materials...but that wasn't the best time to "discuss" it as I'm sure I also didn't need three cds so close to our anniversary and Christmas! Of course, the Advent wreath has to be "before Christmas" but I don't think dear hubby will think I needed a new one this year Image eyes were bigger than pocketbook that day! Soooooo, that is why I am in trouble with my bookstore shopping at the moment...however, the squires and I did restrain ourselves in Best Buy...mostly because we wanted to eat dinner at Chik-Filet and they kept reminding me that their Dad would once again have my head on a silver platter...as if it hasn't been there many times before! Image Hey, we're talking 22 years of wedded bliss here! Image Image {giggle}

Linda is right, Mr. Spice...EVIL you are to taunt us! With you teasing and Lynsay writing, I can't discount an octopus...after all, I didn't expect leeches in TRH either! LOL You are sooooo bad...mostly in a good way...but I'm with Linda...I'm off to sort my hoarded books and add a very large bookshelf to my Christmas wish list...{sigh} Maybe I should just add "take me out to the bookstore" to my list, huh? <grin> Oh, and it's time to look for a Christmas avatar...you know my avatars don't stay the same for long!

I had noticed that I only had short posts lately since I didn't have much time to check the forum...so it must have been time for an essay and update into the continuing saga of wren! :) {hugs} to all

P.S. We regularly visit that unknown world called "The Library," Mr. Spice, but they have only started getting the Argeneau series...since the three back-to-back books. I think people began asking for Lynsay's books, and they caught on that they needed them. They do have most of the anthologies/half-books/and some of the historicals. I'm happy to see that they have aquired many of the historicals in large print! I know many people who need those, and our library is trying to meet the need. However, their budget only goes so far...and yes, I do donate books and our older son serves on the youth advisory council of our local library! :D
Last edited by wren on November 30th, 2008, 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wren

Postby ~Linda~ on November 30th, 2008, 11:49 am

I hope you have a great anniversery Wren.!
The world is so Backasswards
It makes me wish I was
DYSLEXIC!
~Linda~

Postby wren on November 30th, 2008, 1:23 pm

~Linda~ wrote:I hope you have a great anniversery Wren.!

Thank you!! :D
wren

Postby sin on November 30th, 2008, 2:52 pm

Very, very evil Mr. Spice. Tis the season to giving & sharing!. lol MMM..no hints as to who they might be about? Not even initials??

Happy early anniversary middle sis. Hope FP takes you someplace special. {seeing as he missed your b-day} giggles...

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss the Series