Question For Mr. Spice and fellow Argeneau Fans: Timeline

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: Question For Mr. Spice and fellow Argeneau Fans: Timeline

Postby Denise on October 2nd, 2008, 5:52 pm

Sheesh, Dave, you are a huge help!
Denise

Postby ~Linda~ on October 2nd, 2008, 6:01 pm

Mr Spice wrote:
~Linda~ wrote:I Just love any little tidbit that you want to throw out to us!!!

Here's a clue, then. It does not involve a giraffe.

Your'e,Your'e, Evil I tell ya!!!! :D
The world is so Backasswards
It makes me wish I was
DYSLEXIC!
~Linda~

Postby feanturien on October 2nd, 2008, 6:11 pm

Well, I don't know. We can safely assume there are no zoos or that any of the characters are in Africa. :D
feanturien

Postby Lynsay on October 2nd, 2008, 9:42 pm

feanturien wrote:Wren,

That's what I thought. So would it be safe to say then that Lucian's and Jean Claude's first wives were not lifemates, or at least, were not identified as such? And did you ever think when the Council was actually formed and how they managed to get so many immortals to follow the rules that were established? Especially since, after the fall, I'm thinking a lot of them got scattered around, then they had to assimilate to, basically, an entire new world and back then communication wasn't nearly as easy as it is today.

Sorry if I'm getting on anyone's nerves, I have a lot of free time on my hands when there are no patrons to help here so that means I have lots of time to think!

Feanturien :D

This is too funny, you keep hitting on things coming up. The reason for, or how the council came about, is answered in THE IMMORTAL HUNTER and again in Tiny's story.

As to life mates, they weren't absolutely necessary in Atlantis because the immortals could not read minds there and reading each other's thoughts is a problem in a relationship. There are just some things better not known. I mean, I love Mr. Spice, but there are days . . . You know what I mean.

However, I would guess that Ramses and Alexandria were life mates. They certainly lasted together a long time. But perhaps that had as much to do with a common background as anything else. Or perhaps the nanos, which are in the body and can therefore somewhat affect the body's responses to stimuli, made them attracted to each other because they saw them as suited to each other.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby Denise on October 2nd, 2008, 11:25 pm

Okay, when on the timeline would the development of the nanos fit, and when were they first introduced into a person?
Denise

Postby wren on October 2nd, 2008, 11:54 pm

Denise wrote:Okay, when on the timeline would the development of the nanos fit, and when were they first introduced into a person?

Well, they were introduced in Atlantis, and Ramses and Alexandria were some of the first people to get them. By sin's timeline, Ramses was born 1567 BC and Alexandria in 1560 BC. My guess is that the nanos were introduced sometime between Ramses birth in 1567 BC and in 1534 BC when the twins were born to him and Alexandria. I don't think we have ever been told how old they were when they received the nanos, but that is a 33 year time period from their births until Lucian's and Jean Claude's birth. Alexandria already had the nanos before she became pregnant with their sons, as she passed them on to them.
wren

Postby wren on October 3rd, 2008, 12:18 am

feanturien wrote:Wren,

That's what I thought. So would it be safe to say then that Lucian's and Jean Claude's first wives were not lifemates, or at least, were not identified as such? And did you ever think when the Council was actually formed and how they managed to get so many immortals to follow the rules that were established? Especially since, after the fall, I'm thinking a lot of them got scattered around, then they had to assimilate to, basically, an entire new world and back then communication wasn't nearly as easy as it is today.

Sorry if I'm getting on anyone's nerves, I have a lot of free time on my hands when there are no patrons to help here so that means I have lots of time to think!

Feanturien :D

Hmmm...Lynsay has told us now that Ramses and Alexandria must have been life mates...and going with that, I think it is safe to say that Lucian's and Jean Claude's first wives are considered life mates, and they have been referred to that way by the immortals in some of the books. Jean Claude turned Marguerite only because she looked like his first wife, who he loved as a life mate, then we learn in VI that he found a second true life mate later. In BMIYC, we learn that in all the centuries that Lucian has been taking care of the immortals, he had never found another life mate until Leigh, and we know he loved and missed his wife and children from Atlantis. So, I wonder if the nanos had their own way of bringing people together who suited each other even in Atlantis. If they keep the body at the peak physical condition, perhaps the nanos also keep the mind and spirit at a peak condition also, kwim? (Does that even make sense? LOL)

The ability of the nanos to evolve and enhance skills of the immortals had to already be there...this is simply a type of microevolution or adaptation...which is what makes it believable, don't you think? The nanos didn't change the immortals from being human...they are still human, which is probably why being called "vampire" is so insulting to some of them! All the nanos did after the fall of Atlantis was give them the abilities to be predators in the primitive world they found themselves in so they could survive! :)
wren

Postby wren on October 3rd, 2008, 12:24 am

Mr Spice wrote:
~Linda~ wrote:I Just love any little tidbit that you want to throw out to us!!!

Here's a clue, then. It does not involve a giraffe.

No cheesecake today then...I am very fond of giraffes! Image For cheesecake, we need a what it does involve instead! :twisted:
wren

Postby Lynsay on October 3rd, 2008, 1:11 am

You guys just keep hitting on these things, lol. The timeline for when the nanos were created is easier to work out from The Immortal Hunter. At least I think it's TIH. . . .hmm. . . yes, I'm pretty sure it's when Decker's explaining about Leonius and his origins. I think it explains how Alex and Ramses got together and how much later Lucian and Jean Claude were born.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby wren on October 3rd, 2008, 1:30 am

Ooooh, Lynsay, what lovely tidbits from Decker's book you have given...nanos, Leonius, Alex & Ramses and how they got together...however, now I wonder if I should have just been satisfied with Dave's giraffe! It didn't make me anxious to know so much more about what is coming in March 2009! :lol:
wren

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss the Series