Question For Mr. Spice and fellow Argeneau Fans: Timeline

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: Question For Mr. Spice and fellow Argeneau Fans: Timeline

Postby feanturien on October 3rd, 2008, 8:34 am

So, I wonder if the nanos had their own way of bringing people together who suited each other even in Atlantis. If they keep the body at the peak physical condition, perhaps the nanos also keep the mind and spirit at a peak condition also, kwim? (Does that even make sense? LOL)

Okay, I could see this. Maybe they didn't realize it was pulling them to certain people best suited for them back then.

The ability of the nanos to evolve and enhance skills of the immortals had to already be there...this is simply a type of microevolution or adaptation...which is what makes it believable, don't you think? The nanos didn't change the immortals from being human...they are still human, which is probably why being called "vampire" is so insulting to some of them! All the nanos did after the fall of Atlantis was give them the abilities to be predators in the primitive world they found themselves in so they could survive

I see what you're saying. I'm thinking it's kinda like X-men in a way, then. How they had the dormant genes and it took a event of great stress or something in order to truly activate them.

Sorry we keep touching on stuff you can't answer without spoiling anything, Lynsay. At least it will be explained! That's the bright side! We just have to wait...until March... :D

Oh and has anyone tried to preorder Decker's book? I can't remember if it was on B&N or Amazon that I saw this but it's listed as The Rogue Hunter 2. For some reason that made me laugh.
feanturien

Postby sin on October 5th, 2008, 3:45 pm

~Linda~ wrote:
Mr Spice wrote:
~Linda~ wrote:I Just love any little tidbit that you want to throw out to us!!!

Here's a clue, then. It does not involve a giraffe.

Your'e,Your'e, Evil I tell ya!!!! :D

I agree!!!!!!

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby susan60625 on April 23rd, 2009, 9:33 am

Lynsay wrote:2002 - Love Bites – Starts late summer 2001 - Etienne meets Rachel in morgue. Ends the end of September 2001 before Etienne's 213 birthday

2003 (September) -- Single White Vampire – Rachel and Etienne married before

Okay, I'm new to the boards and Mr. Spice said that if I had a question, hopefully someone out there will have the answer and will help me out.

According to Lynsay, SWV takes place in September, 2003. Why the long engagement for Rachel and Etienne? Especially when on page 7 Marguerite talks about Mrs. Garrett worrying that the wedding was too rushed? And why did it take so long for Etienne to get the coffin out of the house? I can understand Rachel having an aversion to coffins after the whole Pudge incident, but two years?

I'm sorry if I'm nitpicking, but little things like this bug me.

Sue, Chicago
susan60625

Postby Graymalkin on April 29th, 2009, 11:46 am

New and avid reader here.

Also very new poster, which is why I posted a new thread in the wrong subforum ("Discuss the Characters"). Sorry about that. (I've deleted that thread, BTW.)

This Timeline thread seems the appropriate place to ask my biggest question, which is: Am I the only one who wonders why so many Argeneaus, who have lived for hundreds, if not thousands, of years without finding lifemates, have all managed to find them within the span of a few years?

I'm smiling as I ask this, but I'm also genuinely curious. The usual supernatural answer ("A cosmic confluence created by The Powers That Be") wouldn't apply very well here since the vampirism is based on technology, as is pointed out in every single book. :)
Graymalkin

Postby KimberlyK on April 29th, 2009, 1:39 pm

Maybe because Lynsay knows we don't want to wait that long between books? LOL! Seriously though, I think we will just have to suspend our disbelief on that issue. It does seem implausible but I'll look the other way and let it go. *grin* Keep the romances coming Lynsay!

Welcome to the boards Graymalkin!

Kimberly
KimberlyK

Postby susan60625 on April 29th, 2009, 2:38 pm

I agree Kimberly! If Lynsay had to wait what would be a more likely span of time, it wouldn't be a very compelling series of novels. We'd all have to be immortal in order to read the whole series!

Sue, Chicago
susan60625

Postby Kath on April 29th, 2009, 5:16 pm

Maybe it's like a head cold. It's catching... :lol:
They see their relative happy and become more open to the idea. That positive energy can be attractive. Some are meeting relatives of other people's lifemates. In those cases, it's simply a chained reaction.Image
Kath

Postby Mr Spice on April 29th, 2009, 10:50 pm

Graymalkin wrote:New and avid reader here.

Also very new poster, which is why I posted a new thread in the wrong subforum ("Discuss the Characters"). Sorry about that. (I've deleted that thread, BTW.)

This Timeline thread seems the appropriate place to ask my biggest question, which is: Am I the only one who wonders why so many Argeneaus, who have lived for hundreds, if not thousands, of years without finding lifemates, have all managed to find them within the span of a few years?

I'm smiling as I ask this, but I'm also genuinely curious. The usual supernatural answer ("A cosmic confluence created by The Powers That Be") wouldn't apply very well here since the vampirism is based on technology, as is pointed out in every single book. :)

The simple answer is that there has to be the suspension of disbelief, as Kimberley said, otherwise it would be impossible to write a credible series. This really goes for any series of books, movies or TV shows and also applies to the actual dates & settings. Bearing in mind the series started seven or so years ago, we'd actually still be reading about events in 2002/2003 if the chronology wasn't allowed to stretch a little bit. Even then it's not quite as bad as The Simpsons where, if the actual timeline was adopted, Bart Simpson would now be 32 years old.
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby Graymalkin on April 30th, 2009, 10:59 am

I'll just chalk it up to that Harmonic Convergence event, then. :D

Besides, it makes for better comedy when all these previously super-efficient immortals start screwing up because they're so distracted by their life mates. :)
Graymalkin

Postby KimberlyK on April 30th, 2009, 2:47 pm

Why do we have swarming of insects at regular intervals like with cicadas and those weird Mormon crickets I just read about recently? Something triggers it even if we don't have enough research to explain it yet. How do monarch butterflies know how to fly to Mexico at the end of the summer? Did you know that after they return north, it's 3 or 4 generations of butterflies later before fall arrives and the migration begins again?

Perhaps something triggered this urge to pair off in the immortals? Some sort of mating instinct. Maybe the population of immortals became too low and some sort of species survival mechanism kicked in? Who knows for sure but we can enjoy the fun of watching these self-assured people fumble around while they try to work things out. *grin*

Kimberly
KimberlyK

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss the Series