Question For Mr. Spice and fellow Argeneau Fans: Timeline

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: Question For Mr. Spice and fellow Argeneau Fans: Timeline

Postby KimberlyK on April 30th, 2009, 2:54 pm

I would like to add that I would love to see an Argeneau romance set in a different time period. We've seen a cluster of romances all set in modern era so this would be a way of showing some that happened over a longer period of time. That would be awsome. *grin* Lynsay has experience in writing historical romances so it's not like she's have to do a lot of research. Wouldn't that be interesting? Show of hands? Anyone else?

Kimberly
KimberlyK

Postby Kath on April 30th, 2009, 6:04 pm

KimberlyK wrote:I would like to add that I would love to see an Argeneau romance set in a different time period. We've seen a cluster of romances all set in modern era so this would be a way of showing some that happened over a longer period of time. That would be awsome. *grin* Lynsay has experience in writing historical romances so it's not like she's have to do a lot of research. Wouldn't that be interesting? Show of hands? Anyone else?

Kimberly

Interesting idea! Might be a cool way to draw some of her historical readers over to the vamp stories and vice versa. It could give us vamp readers a taste of her historicals (making us want to go read all the others... :) ).
It would be a kind of blending of the two. Would also open up interesting different plot devices -- no blood banks yet, etc... More insight into how things were for the vamps back then.... 8-)
Kath

Postby ~Linda~ on April 30th, 2009, 7:32 pm

Graymalkin wrote:New and avid reader here.

:)

Welcome Graymalkin!! Have you read all of the Argeneau's?? Just wondering :O)
The world is so Backasswards
It makes me wish I was
DYSLEXIC!
~Linda~

Postby feanturien on May 1st, 2009, 7:46 am

I agree! I would love to see that!!!!! If Lynsay ever does a book for Martine and her mate maybe we will get one!!!!!! :D
feanturien

Postby susan60625 on May 1st, 2009, 8:15 am

Actually, any of the older Immortal marriages would be interesting. I think the story of Alexandria and Ramses would be very cool! That could introduce the nanos! Either of Martine's marriages would be interesting. So would Victor's first marriage or any of Armand's. They all happen at different points in history and would provide very different back drops for the stories!

Sue, Chicago
susan60625

Postby Graymalkin on May 1st, 2009, 12:44 pm

~Linda~ wrote:

Yes, I've read them all. I started with a hardcopy version of "Love Bites" last year, liked it, and couldn't find any others. Then I got a Kindle last month, and I discovered the rest of the series was available as e-books, and bought them all. I pretty much read the 10 other books in the series in one week. :)

(I did the same thing when I discovered the Eve Dallas series by J.D. Robb -- only there I had to buy the actual books. Took me a month. Kindle versions are MUCH more convenient.)

I need to check around here to see if there are any Immortals stories in Lynsay's anthologies.
Graymalkin

Postby ~Linda~ on May 1st, 2009, 7:50 pm

Graymalkin wrote:
~Linda~ wrote:

Yes, I've read them all. I started with a hardcopy version of "Love Bites" last year, liked it, and couldn't find any others. .

LOL I have to have the book in my hot little hand! I have all of the books in HB **and paperback only sightly obsessed**, except the first 3 published darn... still waiting for them to be published in HB.. geeze
The world is so Backasswards
It makes me wish I was
DYSLEXIC!
~Linda~

Postby wren on May 2nd, 2009, 12:17 am

Graymalkin wrote:
~Linda~ wrote:

Yes, I've read them all. I started with a hardcopy version of "Love Bites" last year, liked it, and couldn't find any others. Then I got a Kindle last month, and I discovered the rest of the series was available as e-books, and bought them all. I pretty much read the 10 other books in the series in one week. :)

(I did the same thing when I discovered the Eve Dallas series by J.D. Robb -- only there I had to buy the actual books. Took me a month. Kindle versions are MUCH more convenient.)

I need to check around here to see if there are any Immortals stories in Lynsay's anthologies.

Welcome, Graymalkin! There are two anthologies that have paranormal stories about shapeshifters...Dates From Hell and Holidays Are Hell. The holiday story is a sequel to the story in the first book. so you will want to read them in order if you can. They are not Argeneau stories, but they are very good. Also, Lynsay has written some "half-books" with Hannah Howell about a Highland clan that is "just a little different." :lol: There aren't any of the Argeneau/Rogue Hunter stories in the anthologies yet, but Lynsay has told us that Tiny McGraw's story may be in an upcoming anthology...he already knows so much about the Immortals world that his story may work better that way! Lynsay said he didn't want to cooperate for a full-length book! <grin>

Glad you have joined us...hope you will fill out the Getting To Know You questions on the General Discussion section...they are quick and easy and help us all become a closer group! Also, be sure to sign up for the newsletter...official news, fun puzzles, & great contests each month! You can sign up for it on the home page of the website. This is the best forum anywhere, so stick around and jump in on the games, theories, and discussions...we have a great time!! :D
wren

Postby Melissa on May 5th, 2009, 9:32 pm

I thought that Lissianna was in labor with her baby while Marguerite was investigating who Christian's mother was (Vampire Interrupted) and while Thomas and Inez were looking for Marguerite (Vampires Are Forever), and I thought that Christian comes back with Marguerite to see the baby and the rest of the family at the end of Vampire Interrupted, which throws the end of the time line off a little.

This is a great time line, and lets us in on a few of the non main characters, Thank you.
Melissa

Postby Kath on May 6th, 2009, 7:46 am

Melissa wrote:I thought that Lissianna was in labor with her baby while Marguerite was investigating who Christian's mother was (Vampire Interrupted) and while Thomas and Inez were looking for Marguerite (Vampires Are Forever), and I thought that Christian comes back with Marguerite to see the baby and the rest of the family at the end of Vampire Interrupted, which throws the end of the time line off a little.

This is a great time line, and lets us in on a few of the non main characters, Thank you.

Lynsay's corrected version which follows sin's original shows all of that occurring in 2006 -- which makes sense :) .
Kath

Previous

Return to Discuss the Series