Are immortals truely superior?

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: Are immortals truely superior?

Postby Lynsay on October 19th, 2012, 7:24 pm

Does it matter if the immortal would have won did he not have the nanos? He does, so he'd win. Frankly, I don't think an immortal would bother to race a mortal when he knows the nanos make him faster and he'll win? Why expend the energy?

Physically, immortals are superior. But I don't think that makes them superior people. Experience and ethics, how we treat others and the choices we make in life are what matter. There are many people physically superior to me, it doesn't make them better people. However, most immortals probably do feel superior to mortals. Lucian for instance. He has lived several thousand years. He's experienced a lot, suffered a lot, lost loved ones, saved others. And he has some serious ethics. He does what he thinks is for the greater good in almost every situation. He IS a superior person in my opinion. Of course, there are others who aren't superior but think they are. Shrug. Such is life. It takes all kinds as they say.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby Denise on October 19th, 2012, 10:18 pm

Exactly. "Lucien and the Gang" wouldn't, but Cassius would be the kind of person to do just that.
Denise

Postby MsKitty on October 19th, 2012, 11:00 pm

Nano's or not, it comes down to the individual. Some people (be they mortal or immortal) run fast & some don't.
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
MsKitty

Postby MsKitty on October 19th, 2012, 11:03 pm

Denise wrote:Exactly. "Lucien and the Gang" wouldn't, but Cassius would be the kind of person to do just that.

Cassius was a nasty piece of work wasn't he? I quite liked it when he got put in his place in ABTR!
MsKitty

Postby sin on October 19th, 2012, 11:14 pm

Very much so. Now if only LEO would get his comeuppance.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby MsKitty on October 20th, 2012, 12:20 am

Oh I KNOW!!

I know he must be coming back into a story soon! I wonder what dastardly deeds he's been doing since we last heard from him? And I (and I'm sure others are too) want to know who Basha REALLY is!!

I think when he comes back we're all going to have bruises on our chins from our jaws dropping to the floor when we finally find out stuff!
MsKitty

Postby sin on October 20th, 2012, 12:31 am

Several of us already have ideas of who Basha is. Had ideas when TIH came out and we first got a glimpse of her. But yup Lyns will have us on the edge of our seats as usual.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby wren on October 20th, 2012, 8:14 am

Lynsay wrote:Does it matter if the immortal would have won did he not have the nanos? He does, so he'd win. Frankly, I don't think an immortal would bother to race a mortal when he knows the nanos make him faster and he'll win? Why expend the energy?

Physically, immortals are superior. But I don't think that makes them superior people. Experience and ethics, how we treat others and the choices we make in life are what matter. There are many people physically superior to me, it doesn't make them better people. However, most immortals probably do feel superior to mortals. Lucian for instance. He has lived several thousand years. He's experienced a lot, suffered a lot, lost loved ones, saved others. And he has some serious ethics. He does what he thinks is for the greater good in almost every situation. He IS a superior person in my opinion. Of course, there are others who aren't superior but think they are. Shrug. Such is life. It takes all kinds as they say.

Lynsay

Lucian is the best! :D (I hear sin & Copper applauding! lol) How long he has lived, his life experiences, his serious ethics, and doing what he has to do (even when it hurts - how easy can it be to terminate your twin brother that you still love in spite of his flaws?) for the greater good of his people has made him a superior Immortal. All these things have played a factor in who he is and why he is a superior Immortal. He is physically superior, both because of the nanos and because he is a warrior. But he wouldn't deign to race a mortal on such unequal terms, and while he may have a big ego, it's not one that could be goaded into an unfair race. He is well past that point in his long life. 8-) The Immortals follow Lucian's decisions and guidance because of who he is, not because of his physical strength. They know he is good and keeps their people protected and safe. He is tough when he has to be, but many know he is really a marshmallow on the inside.Image .

On the other hand, consider Vita. She certainly thought herself superior to everyone else, and had one of the biggest egos ever! :roll: She was physically superior from the nanos and she was athletic, training for many centuries in fencing. She was very intelligent and cunning. As an Immortal, she could be considered superior and she could certainly win a race against a mortal, not that she would bother. Vita had a problem, though. She was twisted & evil! :twisted: Her ethics and choices were vile, and she didn't care about anyone but herself. :cry:

Cassius is a user of anyone, mortal or immortal, to try to make himself look better or get what he wants. He has physical strength from the nanos, and all the other abilities that go with being an Immortal, but he has no substance. :( He's a shifty sleazeball that thinks he's better than mortals, but he is a good example of the fact that the nanos can only work with what is already inside of a person. While they put a person at peak condition, the don't change who they are in personality and morals. :) While Cassius is an immoral person, he doesn't actually break the laws, and the council doesn't terminate Immortals for being immoral. He's one of those "all kinds" that is tolerated by society as long as he doesn't cross the line.
wren

Previous

Return to Discuss the Series