Order to read

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Order to read

Postby morris52302 on October 8th, 2008, 9:03 am

Does it matter if you read the series in order or not? there are several books I want to read but they aren't in order.
morris52302

Re: Order to read

Postby Mr Spice on October 8th, 2008, 9:37 am

morris52302 wrote:Does it matter if you read the series in order or not? there are several books I want to read but they aren't in order.

Hi, Welcome to the forum.

My own opinion is that it helps to read the books in order if only to prevent one or two surprises fom being revealed too early, but it's not absolutely critical that you do. The only books which really do need to be kept strictly in order are Vampires Are Forever and Vampire, Interrupted, since these two stories are very much connected.

Dave
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby Copper on October 8th, 2008, 12:55 pm

and Lucian and Bastien together since they link
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
Copper

Postby Denise on October 8th, 2008, 1:42 pm

I read the first five out of order the first time and it didn't hurt me much. But, like Dave said, you really need to read VAF and VI in order because they connect so much and there are secrets revealed in VI that you really don't want to know until you've read the books where you've met the characters involved. I'd also add that you should read A Bite To Remember before VAF because of the characters introduced in ABTR that come back in VI.
Denise

Postby wren on October 8th, 2008, 2:02 pm

morris52302 wrote:Does it matter if you read the series in order or not? there are several books I want to read but they aren't in order.

Each book will stand alone as telling the featured character's story, but the books do build on one another as an entire series. If possible, read them in order. However, I started with Single White Vampire then Tall, Dark, & Hungry before I found the others! Those are Lucern's and Bastien's stories, which I think Copper mentioned, and as they are part of the original four books in the series, it's easy to catch up to the two that come before! However, the first four books set the foundation for the Argeneau series as a whole, and you don't want to miss out on that if you can help it. If you can't find the books, your local bookstore should be able to order them for you, or most of the online major bookchains will have them. Single White Vampire is being re-released in a newly designed cover in November! If you can't get the books in order, pick an early book to start with, then reread...if you get as addicted as all of us here, you will reread often anyway! :D

As Mr. Spice mentioned, Vampires Are Forever and Vampire, Interrupted really need to be read in order, as parts of those two books are happening at the same time and both stories are so connected. Besides, you will just enjoy them more as they are later in the series if you have read some of the others first and become acquainted with the characters! Then, the new "series within a series" based on the Council Enforcers known as The Rogue Hunters, begins with Book 10 in the Argeneau series, The Rogue Hunter.
While you can read it now, you will understand and enjoy much more of the immortals world when you have read most of the series in order.

Happy reading, and we welcome you to the best forum anywhere! 8-) Hope you will get involved with our many discussions and games, and make sure you sign up for the newsletter from the home page of the website - it's worth it!! We love having new friends, so let us hear back from you!
wren

Postby Copper on October 8th, 2008, 2:04 pm

sorry force of habit i ment to say Lucern and Bastien because there life mates are linked :D
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
Copper

Postby wren on October 8th, 2008, 2:19 pm

Copper wrote:sorry force of habit i ment to say Lucern and Bastien because there life mates are linked :D

I knew who you meant, Copper! ;) But just for morris52302 info...many of us develop an affinity for a favourite character...and Copper is in the group that are major fans of Lucian Argeneau! Just for you Copper...LUCIAN!!

Lucern is Lucian's nephew, and Lucern is very popular with a group of fans also! With the names being similar, and the groups often discussing who is best in a teasing way...it's easy to slip up while typing! :lol:

As for me, well I'm in the fans of VINCENT & BASTIEN group myself! Image

As an entire connected group on the forum, we love all of the immortals! We'll be waiting to hear who your favourites turn out to be when you have finished your reading. However, don't wait until you have read them all. Jump in on any discussion, morris52302...there is a topic thread for almost every book and character, and if not...feel free to post one! :)

Btw, if you haven't already morris52302, please fill out the Getting To Know You questions on the General Discussion section...it's in a subforum! It doesn't take long, and it helps us get to know one another better and keeps our forum family closer! You can read all about many of us who post regularly there as well! There are other quizzes and topics, also, if you want to add more...such as the quirky questions, which are just a lot of fun! :lol:
wren

Postby ~Linda~ on October 8th, 2008, 5:57 pm

Welcome to the group!!
A Quick Bite
Love Bites
Single White Vampire
Tall Dark and Hungry
A Bite to Remember
Bite Me if You can
The Accidental Vampire
Vampires are Forever
Vampire Interrupted
Rogue Hunter

IMHO I think you should read them in order.
A Quick bite wasn't published first. But is according to Lynsays site should be read first.
It came out after I started the series. So I read them in the published order.
Then I went back and re-read them in the secquential order. Hope that helps.

The world is so Backasswards
It makes me wish I was
DYSLEXIC!
~Linda~

Postby love2read on October 8th, 2008, 11:59 pm

I find that reading them in order is better, i started with the acceidental vampire and worked my way backwards, but have been rereading them in order. it just makes it more enjoyable to see the charcters before thier lifemates, with, and after thier lifemates come into the story. Welcome and have fun reading!!!! :)
love2read

Postby Jodi on October 10th, 2008, 1:41 pm

I would also recommend reading them in order, you don't have to but I know for myself that when I am reading a book and I realize it is from a series it drives me crazy if things are brought up from the other books and I feel out of the loop *grin*
Jodi

Return to Discuss the Series