Theories on "I-Can't-Tell-You" book

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Theories on "I-Can't-Tell-You" book

Postby Denise on October 8th, 2008, 1:59 pm

Lynsay wrote:For you guys there will be Mortimer's THE ROGUE HUNTER, and then Decker's story (which they're arguing over titling now. I wanted to call it BLOOD ROGUE, but they don't like it so they're playing with titles and will let me know what my book is called :roll: ) and then the book I'm working on now, which is -- have I told you guys before? Hmmm. Maybe I should wait on that, oh what the heck, I think I told you, Tiny. Tiny's story will be followed by another and then Armand has agreed he'll come out to play.

Lynsay wrote:It's Mortimer's book, and then Decker's book, and then Tiny's book, and then I-can't-tell-you's book (can't tell you yet cause it would give stuff away) and then Armand's book . . .

Lynsay wrote:The fictional Tanya was fine. She was just a nibble and then went on her way with a wiped memory. Neither Grant nor Leonius were the biters. There's another rogue in cottage country. Wait for Decker's story.

In view of what Lynsay has told us so far, who do you think the "I-can't-tell-you" story is about?

My theory: At first I thought it would be Grant, but after having searched through Lynsay's posts I'm thinking it will be about "Turner" (the name we've given to the guy who accidentally turned Elvi, for expediency's sake since we don't know who he is) and Tanya's biter/rogue (if he's not caught in Decker's story). I think we'll find out in Tiny's book who Turner is, and Decker's story might leave us with another rogue to hunt down.

So, what do all of you think?
Last edited by Denise on October 9th, 2008, 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Denise

Re: Theories on "I-Can't-Tell-You" book

Postby love2read on October 9th, 2008, 12:02 am

Tuner was the person who turned Elvi?!!! :o when did this get revealed, and who is Turner? is turner real?

My theory on the "Secret" book is that it is going to be closesly related to Tiny's story since that will be the book before it.
love2read

Postby Denise on October 9th, 2008, 4:17 am

No, no... Turner is the name we've given him to keep from having to write "the guy who accidentally turned Elvi" every time. We don't know who he is but we've given him a name. Maybe I should edit my original post.
Denise

Postby love2read on October 9th, 2008, 10:57 am

oh sorry i thought that lynsay let that slip and got all excited. :roll: silly me.
love2read

Postby wren on October 10th, 2008, 5:01 pm

I don't think our mystery book is about Grant or Turner! If the question of Turner is ever answered, it seems it will be as a side story...as he accidentally turned Elvi, and he doesn't even know it as far as we know!

I'm thinking Grant will remain a side character, although we will see him more in Decker's book and possibly find out his story in a similar way as DJ & Mabel! We know we have a rogue in Decker's book...but I don't think the mystery book is his story either. If he is truly rogue, the enforcers will bring him before the council, don't you think?

As for Turner, we may find out who he is, but unless he is one of the European counterparts...like maybe one of Decker's way older brothers who were born BC...I don't think he will merit his own book! Again, a side story may reveal who he is and what has happened to him...but Elvi's story is complete. If Lucian & Victor deem it necessary to find him, they can read Mabel, and Lucian can read Elvi for as much information as they need. Lucian is so old that he can get into the memories that Elvi doesn't even know she has, since she was in the middle of turning at the time! I still don't believe Turner knows he turned anyone, because Mabel got Elvi out of the accident scene too quickly, and he was still unconscience at the time! As for the blood bags, he could have thought they just burst open in the accident! :?:

Not all our interesting characters will get their own stories, and not all the mortals that we like will get turned. The series wouldn't be realistic if they did. That's part of why I don't think Teddy will ever be turned! Lynsay is good about minor appearances in future books that answer what happens to a character, if it is important to the series in some way! So, I think we will find out more about who Grant is and what happens to him, and in some way we will know when Teddy passes on, as that will be a difficult time for Elvi and Mabel! As for Turner, unless the need to answer the question of what happens when someone gets turned accidentally becomes a story, we may not ever see or hear of him again! Also, with some mortals, like C.K., eventually they just gradually are left behind, because they can't be told of the hidden world and they can't see their friends or family age...Kate married and left the company as an editor, and C.K. went on with his life! I'm not sure that both of Sam's sisters will be turned...and maybe not either of them! Seeing them settled doesn't mean they will become immortal!

I'm more inclined to think that the mystery book may be Mirabeau's and the life mate she has met but who is ? to us, Jeanne Louise's, or possibly Marcus' story, or it may be the story of someone introduced in either books 10, 11, or 12 that we don't know yet. It would be very interesting if it was a Notte book since we don't know them as well, and there hasn't been a book that featured a Notte...except for those who were in direct relationship to Vincent's and Marguerite's books! There are a lot of Nottes to write about if you include California and Italy! It would also be interesting if we see more of Martine's family again, and get some answers about her older sons! I seem to remember Mr. Spice telling us that book 12, which is Tiny's story, will take us in some surprising new directions in the series! It is soooo hard to wait! :)
wren

Postby wren on October 10th, 2008, 5:11 pm

Mr. Spice: While I can't give away details of book 11 (other than it will be printed with black ink, on off white paper) - I can drop the hint that there are some interesting developments going to happen between books 11 & 12... but my lips are sealed and I can say no more.

Okay, I did a search, such a handy feature...thanks for enabling it Terri & Mr. Spice...and found the section on one of Mr. Spice's posts that I was thinking of...so what he actually said is above! Interesting developments?? Who could ask for more from Lynsay?? :D

Thankfully, March 2009 and Book 11 are not too far away! :mrgreen:
wren

Postby love2read on October 12th, 2008, 2:02 am

ok as wern mentioned we might be seeing more of martine's kids, but who knows (besides lynsay and mr. spice). What i am intrested in is seeing more of martine, we get all the inside scoop of our favorite older immortal men, except for armand but hopfuly that will be soon, and i want to read a little more of martine because she seems like a really strong and honset character, look how she told marguite the truth when asked about it in VI, and we know that she is possibly the strongest female immortal around. I hope that we get to see her with her kids soon. What if she pops up in Decker's book?????? :o :o
love2read

Postby jill on October 12th, 2008, 7:40 am

I think its gonna be a Notte Book. Specifically a Chrisitian Notte Book because really now he is an Argeneau. And wouldn't we all want to see him with a lifemate. I know Marguerite does....
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Postby sin on October 12th, 2008, 9:24 am

We have been discussing that it could be Martine.. Or Stefano.. But here is an idea :idea: How about the beginning?? Alex & Ramses??

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby jill on October 12th, 2008, 12:27 pm

OOOOoo Sin what a lovely idea. The first Argeneau romance. From the begining. Oooo thats intriguing. I am giving it a lot of thought now.
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Next

Return to Discuss the Series