Thoughts of Lucern & Kate robbing the Blood Bank

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Postby sin on October 4th, 2012, 1:15 pm

Lucern nodded. "Take the empty bags, too," he instructed. Then he moved to the
blood‐bank worker, murmuring something she couldn't hear.
"What did you say?" Kate asked as they hurried back up the hall through which they'd
entered.
"I instructed him to change the records to reflect the difference, so that the blood isn't
missed."

Chances are during this conversation Lucern also told the worker to erase the film footage. Also knowing Lucern he called Bastian and told him about it so they can make sure the video is erased/altered.
Last edited by sin on October 21st, 2012, 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby sin on October 4th, 2012, 4:18 pm

Since this is Lynsay's world and not the real world we know these things are delt with to make sure there is absolutely no chance of getting caught. Unless she has a reason for it.
Last edited by sin on October 21st, 2012, 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sin

Re: Lucerns mistake.

Postby wren on October 4th, 2012, 4:24 pm

I need to go look, because it's been awhile, and I've had to be away from the forum for an extended time due to real life issues & then being sick with Pneumonia.

Seems Lucern checked on video cameras. Hmmmm? Yes, I seem to remember something about this...Image

Sorry for the delayed welcome, Bob. Hope you filled out the Getting To Know You & Quirky Questions...though not mandatory, they help us get to know one another better. You can browse through and find mine & others who are active Immortals on the forum. Will get back soon on your post. :)
wren

Postby TomEC on October 5th, 2012, 8:08 pm

Interesting, Bob.

Lucern does not strike me as the sort that would miss something like that. Lynsay might have overlooked it though. No one can think of everything and sometimes we miss things. You sound like good person to consult about such matters when writing a book.

Also, writing a novel is about making choices: what to put in and what to leave out. You ever notice how rarely people go to the bathroom in fiction? You would think some of these characters don't even have bodily functions. The way I see it, given the abilities and influence of the Argeneaus, steps were taken whether they were mentioned in the book or not.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby susan60625 on October 6th, 2012, 11:18 am

Yes, Bob & Tom. Lynsay is human and has made some mistakes. I know I've been quick to point them out sometimes. The main ones come from names, though. We usually take then in stride. They tend to be more of a rally cry for us to figure out what/who she meant.

As for the video tapes, not every author has the insight that comes from having worked in the fields that all of her characters encounter. She probably figured that the instructions Lucern gave the guard would be sufficient to handle any and all problems. I also agree that Lucern would probably contact Bastien who, with his thoroughness, would have not only made sure the security was covered, but that the blood was actually replaced somehow. It has been mentioned at various times how careful the immortals were with the blood supplies and that they didn't want to cause shortages for the mortal who might need it.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby wren on October 6th, 2012, 10:23 pm

Sometimes it's not that Lynsay makes a mistake, but that she is forced in the editing & rewrites process to cut out
words or even entire scenes.

LB, SWV, and TD&H were published by Dorchester. Shortly after, Lynsay contracted with Avon. Fortunately for us, her agent was able to negotiate with Dorchester so that Lynsay could continue the series with Avon. Her earlier Historical books stayed with Dorchester for a few years. Eventually, Avon purchased the rights to Lynsays original three Argeneau books and her Historical novels from Dorchester. So we may find a few glitches in the series from when it transferred from one publisher & editor to another publisher and editor. That's another aspect of how publishing works.

Sometimes I forget that those if us who came from Lynsay's "old forum" have more knowledge about parts of her career, and we too learned about the publishing industry over time. Because of that, we and the friends who came on this forum soon after it opened tend to go more with the flow and don't get too worked up over what may seem like mistakes...because many times, if it's not essential to the story, it may have simply been cut during editing. I have read SWV over eight times, and the bank blood burglary was always funny to me. I never thought too much about Lucern's actions, because his being careful comes second nature to him. Also, though the suggested scenarios with Bastian could have been funny, if Lucern had been able to contact Bastian, he & Kate would not have needed to rob a blood bank at all. ;)
wren

Postby TomEC on October 6th, 2012, 11:29 pm

Actually, I think Lynsay does a great job in keeping mistakes to a minimum. They happen to everyone, but the important thing is to keep their numbers down. Some books I've read have had me howling in frustration with all the errors in logic and continuity (typos bother me less). Lynsay doesn't fall into that category so I can't complain. Maybe she has good editors. Speaking as someone whose done a bit of writing, I'd just about give my right arm for one of those. Well, maybe my left.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby Denise on October 6th, 2012, 11:55 pm

I know in one of the books they did mention having the security person delete the videos, but can't remember which one that was. I'm on a re-read and just caught the spot where Tomasso was referred to as Thomas. I giggle when things like that happen because I know how many times I've done it myself. Helps us relate to the author a little, remembering that they, too, are human.
Denise

Re:Thoughts of Lucern & Kate robbing the Blood Bank

Postby sin on October 7th, 2012, 9:10 am

Another "mistake" was in Victors book {I think) she called him "Vincent" in just one line. Now it may have been the other way around (book wise) I had to read that line several times to be sure I read correctly. As it was not a spelling error it was not considered a mistake. Still funny tho.
Last edited by sin on October 21st, 2012, 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sin

Re: Thoughts of Lucern & Kate robbing the Blood Bank

Postby sin on October 7th, 2012, 9:47 am

Technically you ARE saying Lynsay made the mistake if you are saying her character made the mistake as she wrote the character. Point in fact.
Last edited by sin on October 21st, 2012, 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sin

Next

Return to Discuss the Series