Argeneaus Fever

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: Argeneaus Fever

Postby wren on December 17th, 2008, 6:27 am

Jeanie wrote:Today I found out that I have a two new symptoms of Argeneau Fever *sakes head* this is so sad. I was over in the book section before work today and a cover of a romance book caught my eye..it seemed like it would be good, and it was good. Now comes the sad part on my lunch today. When I opened my bag I had two books in my bag. The new one that I just got and Tall Dark, and Hungry (I had forgot that I put it in my bag last night, so I would have something to read at work today. Interesting delima. When giving the option of reading something that I have not read, and rereading TD&H. TD&H won out.
New symptoms:
Other books are not holding my intrest any more..
Also, I am very protetive over these books more so, that any other of my books. In other words I really have to trust someone to lend them one of these books.
Is this normal?

Oh, Jeanie...this fever has only begun! What can I tell you? For readers like us, there is no cure! Image I don't even lend the books anymore, because they don't always find their way home. I do buy them for gifts for relatives & friends who have been turned if they don't have them. Lynsay's books are on my top keeper shelf of my bookcase, and I will not lend them to anyone!! :lol: So, you are perfectly normal, dahling...by the SAs standards, and who else counts! LOL We love having you here...and are happy you have caught the fever!

I have read the entire series about seven times...and continue to read and find new details. TD&H is a personal favourite, so it has been read seven times or maybe more. You will get your interest back for other books & series, but they probably will move into the numbers 2 & 3 spot of your keepers...and those you don't keep will get a read and be on their way. Those will be the ones you loan or donate from now on...and you will try to "turn" your relatives/friends who like to read by showing them Lynsay's books, getting the books for gifts, or introducing them to the forum! You will get the newsletters and enter the contests faithfully! You will be excited that you can do the entire crossword puzzle most of the time without having to look up the answers. You will play the "Who said game" and "paranormal jeopardy" on the general discussion and get really good at knowing who it is or which book to look in to find the answers! :mrgreen: Oh, and you will find your favourite character and heatedly discuss with your fellow forum friends why he is THE BEST!! Image Hey, some of them have large fan clubs! 8-) I prefer Vincent & Bastien the best myself...I tend to like the younger immortals, but I am intrigued by BC born Marcus Notte and his possible book in the future. {{sigh}} Oh, and you will check the forum several times a week, and when it's busy, possibly several times a day for the latest news and banter! ;)

Hon, don't worry...you are just in the early stages of the fever that never goes away. I joined the forum in May '07 after reading SWV, LB, TD&H, and The Reluctant Reformer, one of the hysterical historicals, and I've been here ever since. Lynsay was the first author I ever emailed, and she soon replied with a personal email with the answers to my questions. I love to banter with the other forum friends and with Mr. Spice! You will eventually play the games, as you will be able to quote the books. <biggrin> You may make up games for us to play...as you read the books over & over. The forum isn't this quiet all the time...after the holidays, with the release of the first Avon historical and the countdown to book 11 of the Argeneaus, it will get very active again! Ahhh...you've just been bitten by our little bats on the front covers...which have nothing whatsoever to do with the books, but apparently all publishers believe paranormals need bats on front of the covers to identify them as vamps! Image

So, just enjoy being one of us, and let the fever overtake you!! {sizzle} The more SASSy ARGENEAUTS, the merrier!Image Because one of the best things about Lynsay Sands and this forum...you will make some of the best friends ever! sin & I recently met in real life after talking on the forum and email and facebook and by telephone since we became a part of Lynsay's cyber-home. Lynsay just brings people together! :)
wren

Postby lisa on December 17th, 2008, 6:30 am

We now have 178 members-if we all make one turn this holiday season we can double our membership and increase Lynsays reader #s and sales totals and...and ....tomorrow the world. :idea: Bwahahahahaa! Oops sorry! need more coffee ! Didnt mean for the evil plan to be given away like that! More fans equal more people interested in Lynsays books! That has got to help when Lynsay plans to write more books ( with her agent vs publishers agreements)
lisa

Postby wren on December 17th, 2008, 6:56 am

Count me in lisa...bwahahahahaha...for any newbies since the "old forum" you do know about our Imagegroup of international spies and our mission to get the word out (translate that the 'turns' out Image ) don't you?? 8-)

Heeeeheeeeeeheeeeee (I wish y'all could hear sin do her little cackle...she's excellent!) A part of our mission is making sure bookstores have the books out where others can see them, introducing the books to others including people who work in the bookstores & all our friends/relatives, keeping an eye on things the week a book is released so that the books are out and can be bought and counted for the major book lists in the right time period...if you are an SA, consider yourself signed up!

Now go out and Image bite somebody over the holidays!
Hey, we're mortal...we are allowed to make 'turns' without going rogue! Image fa la la la la...
wren

Postby Jeanie on December 25th, 2008, 1:32 pm

I would like to wish everyone a Happy Hoilday!

Last night, I was going to watch tv, but all that was on was "A Christmas Story" :roll: and between you and me as good as that movie is I just did not want to set through it one more time. I decided to do some reading. I have been rereading the Argeneau Series ( I am up to A Bite To Rember) When I opened the cover I noticed the three dots (It is just a way that I keep track of how many times I read a book). When I checked the others this is how many times I have reread each one so far.
A Quick Bite 3
Love Bites 2
Single White Vampire 2
Tall Dark and Hungry 3
A Bite to Rember 2 (currently reading will be 3 when I am done)
Bite Me If You Can 4
The Accidential Vampire 2
Vampires are forever 4
Vampire Interrupted 2
The Rogue Hunter 2
I am starting to think that I am just a little bit obsesive (sp)
Jeanie

Postby wren on December 25th, 2008, 9:12 pm

Ahh, Jeanie, you aren't obsessive! You are just totally "turned." Image You are just moving on from "newbie" to being one of the unique SASSy ARGENEAUTS!! We love rereading our books over & over...Denise & I have been discussing that with Double E on another thread! Welcome to the joys of the series...it's so good you can't get enough of it and you find new things every time you read one of the books again. Then, you come on the forums and discuss theories and details you've noticed since the last reread and play games with your fellow forum friends while eagerly awaiting the next book! Btw, you are currently rereading my favourite...A Bite To Remember and Vincent. {sigh} He ties for me with Bastien...I can't ever get enough of them and their stories. You just enjoy and plan on many more times of reading the books, and don't worry, you are a perfectly normal Lynsay Sands fan. That is why the books are such a good investment. Some of us (moi?) are on our 7th reading Image and ready to start at the beginning again! :lol:
wren

Postby Jewelz on June 14th, 2009, 9:31 pm

There was a time when I thought the Twilight series was the bomb!!! I just finished reading the Argeneaus series and I'm hooked. Just pickup J.R. Wards Black Dagger Brotherhood series. Can't wait until September. I hope she write a few more Argeneaus and Notte novels. What would it be like to have the ability to write novels like Lynsay? She's talented. :roll:

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby MsKitty on June 16th, 2009, 2:29 am

Same here Jewelz!!

I too thought the Twilight Series was the living end!! & then I came across the Argeneau's by accident & HELLO!! A few of us are OCD when it comes to the series, but we love it & feel free to join in, there's no such thing as 'Too Much' Argeneau talk here!!
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
MsKitty

Postby Denise on June 16th, 2009, 2:05 pm

wren wrote:Btw, you are currently rereading my favourite...A Bite To Remember and Vincent. {sigh} He ties for me with Bastien...

Ahh, Bastien... I just started his book again last night. Was really busy for a while and it took me over a week to read SWV, not normal for me. But now I've got a little bit of breathing room and am back to reading every night.

I, too, really like Vincent's story, and his father's, and.... well heck, I like them all! That's why I'm on my 5th reread in 3 years.
Denise

Postby MsKitty on June 17th, 2009, 5:20 am

Yes! Yes!

I DO enjoy a re-read, my next will be my 4th (3 times in a year...) Perfectly Normal!!! :twisted:
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
MsKitty

Postby Jewelz on June 17th, 2009, 9:57 pm

I'm in the middle of my second time through. In addition to another series I plan to start soon...

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss the Series