Do they taste the blood?

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: Do they taste the blood?

Postby Denise on October 19th, 2012, 10:47 pm

Surely they would! LOL.
Denise

Postby sin on October 19th, 2012, 10:50 pm

Brain Freeze

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby susan60625 on October 20th, 2012, 6:11 am

sin wrote:
Brain Freeze

DITTO! :lol:
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby wren on October 20th, 2012, 7:21 am

Denise wrote:The only way they can get the effects of the drugs, alcohol, etc, is to consume the blood of mortals who were on them. Otherwise, the nanos eliminate the impurities before it hits their own bloodstream. That is how some immortals become drunks, like Jean Claude and ... William, was it? Armand's brother in law?

As for the sweet ones, it seems to be the taste some like.

That's just like any person who prefers the taste of sweets. (yes, I'm one of those :lol: ) Others prefer salty or sour or spicy or bitter, etc., but almost everyone has one or two tastes that they like best. I like most of these in real food, though I'm not fond of bitter and sour depends on the food. It is probably why weight loss plans haven't worked so far...I consume too much of the tastes I like, especially sweets. :(
wren

Postby susan60625 on October 20th, 2012, 10:56 am

wren wrote:
Denise wrote:The only way they can get the effects of the drugs, alcohol, etc, is to consume the blood of mortals who were on them. Otherwise, the nanos eliminate the impurities before it hits their own bloodstream. That is how some immortals become drunks, like Jean Claude and ... William, was it? Armand's brother in law?

As for the sweet ones, it seems to be the taste some like.

That's just like any person who prefers the taste of sweets. (yes, I'm one of those :lol: ) Others prefer salty or sour or spicy or bitter, etc., but almost everyone has one or two tastes that they like best. I like most of these in real food, though I'm not fond of bitter and sour depends on the food. It is probably why weight loss plans haven't worked so far...I consume too much of the tastes I like, especially sweets. :(

I'm of the salty variety! :? Unfortunately, my blood pressure and my taste buds are having a debate on that subject! :P I wonder who will win????? :twisted:
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby TomEC on October 20th, 2012, 4:56 pm

I’m a hopeless lover of sweets myself. It will be my downfall one day. If I were an immortal, though, I would probably get my sweet high from chocolate rather than sweet blood. That’s an interesting question. If you’re one of those old immortals who’s lost your taste for food and couldn't enjoy good chocolate anymore, (perish the thought) would you still appreciate the taste of sweet blood? I kind of get the impression you would somehow. Am I wrong?
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby wren on October 20th, 2012, 8:22 pm

TomEC wrote:I’m a hopeless lover of sweets myself. It will be my downfall one day. If I were an immortal, though, I would probably get my sweet high from chocolate rather than sweet blood. That’s an interesting question. If you’re one of those old immortals who’s lost your taste for food and couldn't enjoy good chocolate anymore, (perish the thought) would you still appreciate the taste of sweet blood? I kind of get the impression you would somehow. Am I wrong?

I think you're right. :) The Immortals differentiate in the tastes of blood in the night club drinks they prefer. Some like sweet drinks and some like spicy. Many of them have quit eating, but they aren't squeamish about drinking blood from a glass. When he orders the Sweet Ecstasies for Rachel & Etienne at the night club, Thomas orders a Virgin Mary for himself, telling Rachel it's "Blood, Worcestershire and Tabasco sauce with a squeeze of lemon. I like hot and spicy." (LB p172)
wren

Postby wren on October 20th, 2012, 9:29 pm

Manna is a Biblical reference. Today it is used to describe something that is special

In the Merriam-Webster online dictionary, it is defined:

a. food miraculously supplied to the Israelites in their journey through the wilderness
b. divinely supplied spiritual nourishment
c. a usually sudden and unexpected source of gratification, pleasure, or gain

Synonyms: delectation, feast, joy, kick, delight, pleasure, treat
wren

Postby sin on October 20th, 2012, 9:55 pm

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby TomEC on October 20th, 2012, 11:12 pm

Thanks Wren for for reminding out about what Thomas has said at that nightclub. I knew there was a reason I thought that. :)

Thanks Bob for mentioning that point about what Lissianna had said about chocolate. I had forgotten that one. I guess that's why it has been Sin's quote for so long. Been temped, at times, to steal it from her but I wouldn't have the guts to steal anything from her. :(
Interesting point about manna. In the account in the book of Exodus in the Bible, the Israelites are wondering in the wilderness and God causes manna to miraculously appear on the ground to feed them. According to the account, when they first saw it they said "What is it?" literally "manhu'?" in Hebrew. After that they called it manna.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss the Series