What would you ask an Immortal?

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

What would you ask an Immortal?

Postby wren on October 20th, 2012, 11:09 am

If you had the chance to ask an Immortal questions, what would your questions be? Limit of three questions, so that everyone gets a chance! Image

Note: This topic is now in the Games section!
Last edited by wren on October 21st, 2012, 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wren

Re: Welcome to Ask an immortal

Postby TomEC on October 20th, 2012, 5:14 pm

Kudos Bob. This is a terrific idea!

I think I would have a dozen questions or more (probably more) for Lucian. Things Lynsay might never cover in her books.

One thing I would like to ask him (okay, it’s more than one thing) is: after the fall of Atlantis, how long did it take to go from being a fangless immortal to one with fangs as well as all those extra powers of a predator and what was the process like? Do you have any theories on how it is that all of you with second-generation nanos managed to adapt in exactly the same way? Do you think the nanos communicate with each other somehow? I know, Lucian is a warrior, a superhero and a defender of the weak but perhaps not so much a scientist. Still, he’s been around since the beginning and he’s the first guy I’d ask.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby sin on October 20th, 2012, 6:19 pm

Tom for part of your question: If I remember correctly Marguerite said that she always knows when her children need her also she "felt" JC when he died. Also she stated that it is passed form "sire" to spouse. Which is how she felt him. (ABTR)

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby TomEC on October 20th, 2012, 6:26 pm

Yeah, that could be suggestive all right.Image
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby grlnxtdr29 on October 20th, 2012, 7:24 pm

I'd ask Lucian For the Location of Atlantis
grlnxtdr29

Postby TomEC on October 20th, 2012, 11:18 pm

Yeah. That would make an interesting book but I suspect it's not the sort of story Lynsay would be interested in writing. It would be more hard-core science fiction.
TomEC

Postby susan60625 on October 21st, 2012, 7:25 am

sin wrote:Tom for part of your question: If I remember correctly Marguerite said that she always knows when her children need her also she "felt" JC when he died. Also she stated that it is passed form "sire" to spouse. Which is how she felt him. (ABTR)

I think part of this is also because I think Marguerite may be a little bit psychic and that the nanos are enhancing it. That could be why she is so good at matchmaking!

But, I also think that there is always a natural connection between parent and child, husband and wife, and siblings (particularly twins) that is also most likely enhanced by the nanos.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby sin on October 21st, 2012, 9:08 am

Remember Sue, Lucian also stated that there are some family members he can not read. Including siblings. So it is not always a given. Unless they are newly mated. :D

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby susan60625 on October 21st, 2012, 11:07 am

sin wrote:Remember Sue, Lucian also stated that there are some family members he can not read. Including siblings. So it is not always a given. Unless they are newly mated. :D

I haven't forgotten that, sin. It must be some sort of anomaly within the nanos, like the problem with Victor & Vincent -- something genetic???
susan60625

Postby susan60625 on October 21st, 2012, 11:12 am

robke wrote:Note to Thomas A. and all you other immortals if you get staked to the ground and left out to be cooked in the sun you are not being baked you are being broiled, so no you are not pork chops, maybe a porterhouse? :)

Bob.

Bob, the "pork chop" reference in my signature, is a direct quote from The Renegade Hunter. Thomas says it during the encounter between Lucian and Jo when she is standing up to him in defense of Nicholas. She kept referring to the punishment as "SHAKE and bake" as opposed to "STAKE and bake." Shake and Bake is a commercial product used in cooking to coat either chicken or pork chops before baking. That is what I assumed the reference comes from.
susan60625

Next

Return to Discuss the Series