Do u think there will be a film of the Argeneaus

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: Do u think there will be a film of the Argeneaus

Postby wren on January 6th, 2009, 11:41 am

I had a lot of fun with this thread topic on the old forum imagining what actors would play what characters, but irl I'm afraid I would be super critical of any film. I've read the Argeneau series so many times, and you cannot put on the big or small screen what an author has put in print! That's why I usually prefer to read the books!!!!

I never read a book just before seeing a movie, even if I've read it before. I made that mistake just before seeing the third Harry Potter movie and came out so disappointed because I felt there were very important things left out. That series is one of the few where I have separated the books from the movies...just different entities, because there is too much in the books to put in a film. If I had to choose, I'd pick the books every time...even though the magnificent Alan Rickman does play Professor Snape!<grin>

LET THERE BE BOOKS & LET US READ THEM!! :D
wren

Postby ~Linda~ on January 13th, 2009, 11:16 pm

Wow it seems like since the sookies have been taken on by HBO there is a rash of Vamp books being optioned.

http://www.romantictimes.com/news.php

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"House of Night" Series Optioned

'Producers Michael Birnbaum and Jeremiah Chechik have used their own coin to option screen rights to the House of Night, a series of nine young adult novels by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast...... more in article

Patricia Briggs' Series Optioned

"50 Canon, the production outfit of director Mike Newell (Four Weddings and a Funeral and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire), has optioned Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson series."
The world is so Backasswards
It makes me wish I was
DYSLEXIC!
~Linda~

Postby katbrower on January 14th, 2009, 7:11 am

I think the only way the series could make a sucessful jump would be for it to be a new story, not something we have already read. I personally would much rather see the series on the small screen as a mini-series (Somebody call Sci-fi!) Then there will be enough time to go into the first 11 books although shortened and then into a new story, Mabye brought up by Lucian's books as how the series is narrareted and moved from the past that has happened (so all the new people can understand) To the new story.
Just a thought.
katbrower

Postby Mr Spice on January 14th, 2009, 10:48 am

~Linda~ wrote:Wow it seems like since the sookies have been taken on by HBO there is a rash of Vamp books being optioned.

http://www.romantictimes.com/news.php

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"House of Night" Series Optioned

'Producers Michael Birnbaum and Jeremiah Chechik have used their own coin to option screen rights to the House of Night, a series of nine young adult novels by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast...... more in article

Patricia Briggs' Series Optioned

"50 Canon, the production outfit of director Mike Newell (Four Weddings and a Funeral and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire), has optioned Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson series."

Mrs Spice & I were just discussing this the other day. It will be interesting to see what happens to the Spookie Stackedblouse series after the end of the first run on cable. I can't really see it transferring to mainstream television (too much sex, exposed flesh and bad language) so where do they go with it from here? And what pays for the next series?
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby rockie on January 14th, 2009, 7:13 pm

Mr Spice wrote:Mrs Spice & I were just discussing this the other day. It will be interesting to see what happens to the Spookie Stackedblouse series after the end of the first run on cable. I can't really see it transferring to mainstream television (too much sex, exposed flesh and bad language) so where do they go with it from here? And what pays for the next series?

Mr. Spice
I so watched some of True Blood... I swear I had never seen so many boobs in my entire life LOL.. I mean really every time you turn around someone is getting it on...
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby Jeanie on January 15th, 2009, 9:02 pm

I totally agree. I mean Showtime, HBO, Cinamax, ect..,can get away with soo much more than your average cable channel. Besides do you rember Sex In The City? We seen Samantha do a little bit more than humm kiss the Men goodnite :oops:
Jeanie

Postby Denise on January 19th, 2009, 3:24 pm

I like the Mercy Thompson series so I hope it succeeds and they do a good job of it. I miss Blood Ties! and Moonlight! Sounds like the Stackedblouse series would not be for me, which is fine since I don't get HBO.
Denise

Postby Melissa on May 5th, 2009, 10:14 pm

My Mom and I are hoping they make a movie of the books. We started with The Accidental Vampire and then read Bite Me If You Can, and immdediately thought (hoped) movies. Jeremy Roche would fit, and so would Kelly Monnaco. Both are sexy and spunky.
Melissa

Previous

Return to Discuss the Series