I'd like to see....

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

I'd like to see....

Postby Avikar on December 9th, 2008, 9:17 pm

An Immortal fall for an Anorexic... Mainly because I'm curious as to how the nano's would be able to make the human in tip-top shape with so little fat, weight, and other problems Anorexia causes.

An Immortal find his true life mate. Who is married at the time? How would he/she handle this?

What would you like to see? Why? And what speculations would you have?
Avikar

Re: I'd like to see....

Postby Mr Spice on December 10th, 2008, 10:57 am

Hi Avikar and welcome to the forum.

I guess in theory there would be no difference in the work that the nanos have to do to perform the damage repair on the ravages of an illness such as anorexia and what is required of them for any serious physical injury, perhaps like Etienne being badly burned in Love Bites. The nanos would repair the damaged areas and generate new tissue, muscle and fat. Perhaps there would be a need for extraordinary amounts of blood to power the regeneration, but they are still doing damage repair irrespective of how it occurred in the first instance.

As for the psychological aspect of anorexia I'm afraid I don't really know enough about it to make me confident enough to speculate on the effect that 'turning' might have of someone who was suffering from the illness. Maybe we have someone who has more understanding and who might like to go down that road.

Dave
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby Copper on December 10th, 2008, 4:37 pm

i like the idea of this and how a girl with problems thinking they are too fat when there are so unhealthy skinny and when they turn gian 3 sizes and see how they react

AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
Copper

Postby wren on December 10th, 2008, 5:55 pm

Hmmm...I've already wondered how those mortals with mental health issues, other than the insanity that the immortals can't help on their own without turning someone (thinking of Pudge...could he be cured by the nanos?) would do if turned by a life mate and the nanos did their work. Tourette's and Bipolar both have a genetic, hereditary component...would the nanos "cure" them anyway? Bringing up the pyschological aspect of anorexia made me wonder...We do know that Lily was warped by what happened to her in spite of living a century as a turned immortal, and Vita was pure evil and she was born immortal in Atlantis. Immortals can become alcoholics like Jean Claude or go rogue and mean like Morgan...

We did get a glimpse of how someone who is too skinny by nature feels about themselves...In The Rogue Hunter, Sam is very self-conscience about her lack of curves and her clumsiness. I know the nanos will take care of the ear infection that contributes to her being clumsy, but she is naturally thin so she probably won't get bigger or more curvacious when turned. Just like Jackie & Inez didn't get thinner or taller...they were short, curvy and voluptious by nature.

Very interesting thread, Avikar... Maybe a character will "speak" to Lynsay eventually and answer our questions! :)
wren

Postby Denise on December 11th, 2008, 2:33 am

I'm sure Greg could handle any of the psychological problems. And wouldn't that drive a male immortal bonkers, knowing that his lifemate was spending all that time with Greg? Could be interesting.

And we know our immortal would have to handle the married lifemate situation in a honorable manor, but wouldn't that make an interesting history for one of our immortals? Meeting their lifemate after said lm was already married and having to wait in the background for several years until life works out in such a way that they could come forward and claim their lm? Wonder what that would do to their temperament? A little like what Julius went through, I guess.

What would I like to see? Hmmm.... can't think of anything because I'm horrible at coming up with stuff like that (fortunately Lynsay is very good at it!). But others can inspire me with their ideas that I can then expound upon. I'm just not creative enough to come up with my own ideas. :|
Last edited by Denise on December 11th, 2008, 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Denise

Postby lisa on December 11th, 2008, 6:45 am

At least we can appreciate a good idea when we read one! We are sooo lucky that Lynsay is so picky about what she has published. Like Tinys' story. She said herself that she wasnt happy with it, but could have turned it in anyway. I would have been very disappointed if Tiny's story just wasnt good enough for his character. You know maybe in upcoming storylines we will see more of Tiny and Im sure he has hidden depths to his character to be revealed. I mean he is a good cook, doesnt mind taking orders from a women- what is his background-what made him so good tempered? Lynsay not only 'takes a good idea and runs with it', she makes us care about her characters because she makes them 'real 'to us.
lisa

Postby wren on December 12th, 2008, 2:12 am

lisa wrote:At least we can appreciate a good idea when we read one! We are sooo lucky that Lynsay is so picky about what she has published. Like Tinys' story. She said herself that she wasnt happy with it, but could have turned it in anyway. I would have been very disappointed if Tiny's story just wasnt good enough for his character. You know maybe in upcoming storylines we will see more of Tiny and Im sure he has hidden depths to his character to be revealed. I mean he is a good cook, doesnt mind taking orders from a women- what is his background-what made him so good tempered? Lynsay not only 'takes a good idea and runs with it', she makes us care about her characters because she makes them 'real 'to us.

I believe we will see Tiny's story eventually. It just wasn't the right time. Lynsay "listens" to her characters, and her books are genuine. If the story doesn't work for some reason, she doesn't send it in...and she doesn't write the same story for the character using a previous character's reworked story. Ever read a book and get the feeling that the book was written that way, and then you are disappointed? I've never had that happen with any of Lynsay's books. That is important to me. She'll write Tiny's story when it really is time for it and everything will work just like it should, and then we will all be happy including Tiny & his lifemate who will get their HEA (happily ever after.) I'm in total agreement, lisa! We are lucky that Lynsay is so picky about her work and that she takes the time to make it all "real" for us. :)
wren

Postby ~Linda~ on January 13th, 2009, 11:04 pm

wren wrote:
I believe we will see Tiny's story eventually. It just wasn't the right time. Lynsay "listens" to her characters, and her books are genuine. If the story doesn't work for some reason, she doesn't send it in...and she doesn't write the same story for the character using a previous character's reworked story. Ever read a book and get the feeling that the book was written that way, and then you are disappointed? I've never had that happen with any of Lynsay's books. That is important to me. She'll write Tiny's story when it really is time for it and everything will work just like it should, and then we will all be happy including Tiny & his lifemate who will get their HEA (happily ever after.) I'm in total agreement, lisa! We are lucky that Lynsay is so picky about her work and that she takes the time to make it all "real" for us. :)

I agree with you Wren. Tiny's story will come along when Tiny in ready! **soon I hope** I love the fact that even though it is fiction, We fall in love with the Characters that Lynsay thinks up.
When I read it is like a little movie in my mind.
The world is so Backasswards
It makes me wish I was
DYSLEXIC!
~Linda~

Postby Denise on January 19th, 2009, 3:29 pm

~Linda~ wrote:When I read it is like a little movie in my mind.
Me, too, Linda! So much so that once on one of the chapter previews that I read I could have sworn it was a movie scene. Took me a while to figure out what it was.
Denise

Return to Discuss the Series