About Lucern....

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: About Lucern....

Postby wren on December 27th, 2008, 1:21 pm

YellowEyedVamp wrote:Does he appear in any other books?

What happens after his marrage to Kate? Where do they go from there?

Hi, Yellow! Image
This was the closest I could get to true "yellow" and have it show up where you could read it in the text! ;)

Being their older brother, Lucern does appear in Etienne's story, Love Bites
and in Bastien's story, Tall, Dark, & Hungry . He also appears in his cousin Thomas' story Vampires Are Forever in a brief, but major way, and in the story of his mother, Marguerite, in Vampire, Interrupted . Being Marguerite's oldest child, his part in that story is also important.

With many of the books, time is a factor. Some of the stories are happening almost simultaneously, particularly with VAF and VI which is why it's more important to read those two in order if possible.

Mmmm...Lucern can't be everywhere at once regardless of his popularity Image {giggle} and he is very popular Image in a most yummy kind of way!! ;)

Vincent's story, A Bite To Remember, transitions from the first four books and begins branching out into the rest of the family and friends books along with introducing the alternating lighter & darker books in the series, although they all have humour and romance in abundance! I am very fond of yummy Vincent, and his book is my favourite, although it is a close tie with Bastien and TD&H! {{sigh}} Image I like the way Lynsay introduced the mystery element in Vincent's book that would begin to be a part of the future books in the series! Lucian's story, Bite Me If You Can, and his younger brother Victor's Story, The Accidental Vampire, happen at about the same time...and are taking place just before the beginning of VAF/VI!

***SPOILER ALERT*** To answer your question, I don't really remember any of Lissianna's older brother's playing much of a part in Lissi's story, A Quick Bite, but as she is close to Thomas, he played a big role. Kate is not in either Lissianna's story, A Quick Bite or Etienne's story, Love Bites, as both come before Single White Vampire which is when she met Lucern. Newlyweds Kate & Lucern are traveling for their honeymoon by the end of Tall, Dark, & Hungry. Their lives eventually go on with Kate leaving being an editor after TD&H and becoming a writer, which she was working on already, so that they are now married authors in the Argeneau family! :D As they are honeymooning during ABTR and do not live in the locations of BMIYC or TAV or have a place in the plots of these stories, Lucern & Kate do not appear in Vincent's, Lucian's or Victor's books. Although they do appear in the other books that I mentioned in brief, but important ways, at this time...read on...as Lynsay has not revealed any more details of Lucern's & Kate's lives! <grin> ***End Spoiler***

Although every book in the story does stand alone, Thomas' & Marguerite's books are back-to-back and should be read in order if possible and hopefully after the previous books in the series. These two books are taking place at the same time and you are getting very important information from two different points-of-view...and you do get appearances from several characters from previous books, so read VAF and then VI for a better understanding! After VI, the series begins another turning point by introducing "The Rogue Hunters" books...a series within the series...some that include actual Argeneaus and some that feature the Enforcers who work for the Immortal councils, such as Book 11, Mortimer's story, which is aptly named The Rogue Hunter! I'm rather sentimental about it, as I was one of the winners of Lynsay's contest to give away an ARC of that book! It's a great story, and was a return to the lighter touch of the earlier books in the series. Don't get used to it though, as Decker Argeneau Pimms book, The Immortal Hunter (Can March 2009 get here fast enough :?: ) which is Book 12 and is the second Rogue Hunter book is dark and ominous from the hints we have been given so far! Lots of family secrets are revealed, too, along with the most evil villain in the series so far! :twisted: Who knows...as a great warrior, Lucern could appear, but as his life has taken a different path and he is not an enforcer, I don't really expect it at this time! Too...Argeneau, Notte, Enforcers, and related friends/family members will all continue to be part of the series...The Rogue Hunters will just give us a new taste of the big immortal world within the series as a whole! 8-)

One note ~ Lynsay only returns to previous characters appearing or being mentioned when their part in a story is genuine ~ in some way meaningful to the plot of the featured character's book! That is a standard style of her writing. Perhaps someday Lynsay will write a collection of short stories of the characters, maybe as part of a compendium of the Argeneau series (compendiums seem to be getting popular with the longer paranormal series these days :lol: ) and what happened in their lives after their books ended, but right now she is doing all she can to meet our demands for the stories still to be told of so many favourite characters! Image

Ahhhh...I'm so full of information...or is that full of myself? Bwahahahaha...giggles maniacally!! Image
wren

Postby Jeanie on December 27th, 2008, 3:12 pm

Hay Wren!
I don't mean to step on toes....hummm or is it bat wings (sigh) :roll:
But I now I am tonviuse. I thought that Victor was Vincent's Father and that he is the younger brother to Lucian, Jean Claude, Martine and Armand. Am I wrong??
Jeanie

Postby wren on December 27th, 2008, 11:17 pm

Jeanie wrote:Hay Wren!
I don't mean to step on toes....hummm or is it bat wings (sigh) :roll:
But I now I am tonviuse. I thought that Victor was Vincent's Father and that he is the younger brother to Lucian, Jean Claude, Martine and Armand. Am I wrong??

***SPOILERS***

Hey Jeanie...I still have bells on my toes and my bat wings still fly! <grin> Doubt my halo is ever on straight, though! Image I was in process of an essay length post to answer you when the storm threw me off the internet...definitely a hint...soooo...yes, Victor is Vincent's father, but in the series, Vincent's & Jackie's story, A Bite To Remember happened just before Victor found his second lifemate, Elvi, in The Accidental Vampire. Vincent's mother was Victor's first lifemate, Marion, who was pregnant and burnt at the stake in 1695. Victor and Vincent were estranged a long time after that due to Victor's extreme grief, which is explained in Victor's & Elvi's story. Bastien's & Terri's story leads immediately into Vincent's story in the timeline...with his Uncle Lucian's and his father's (Victor's) books following shortly after Vincent has found his lifemate and their story closes... by just a matter of several weeks.

Victor is also the younger brother to Lucian, Jean Claude, Martine, & Armand. There are also other siblings that are not named on the family tree...we know they exist, but don't know their names or anything about them other than Lynsay has said there are other siblings. Just before Lucian rescued Leigh in Bite Me If You Can, he had sent his younger brother Victor undercover in his role as a council enforcer to investigate rumours of an unknown immortal in the town of Port Henry who was advertising in a personal ad. So, Lucian's & Leigh's story and Victor's & Elvi's story are happening at about the same time, and begin shortly after Vincent's story ends when Marguerite is leaving for her first Private Investigator job for Jackie's firm and going to Europe with Tiny McGraw to find Christian Notte's mother at the beginning of BMIYC...otherwise our dear Lucian would have probably "dumped' Leigh on Marguerite to take care of and missed out on finding his lifemate altogether! By the time BMIYC and TAV have ended, Marguerite and Tiny have disappeared, which leads to Thomas' & Inez' story, Vampires Are Forever, and Marguerite's & Julius' story, Vampire, Interrupted...which are happening at the same time from opposite points-of-view...one of the reasons it's most important to read these two in order if possible.

More tonfuesed?? :lol: All I can say is that our Lynsay is a creative genius with the greatest imagination I've ever seen...and she is a nice person, too!! :D

If you have more questions, I'll try to answer when the storms pass over.

Bwahahahahahaha...Image...wren, stirring the pot...and posting this before I lose it again! ;)
wren

Postby Jeanie on December 29th, 2008, 10:12 pm

Hay Wren!
Thanks for untonvusing me :D . Tsk! Tsk! for posting while storms are going overhead..you could have had a shocking experince. I hope all is well and nothing got blown away. We got lucky the serious stuff passed us, we mainly got the heavy rain and some strong winds, but nothing major. Now we have Weather that is almost Fall like strange huh :shock: ? *shakes head* You know I could almost hear the opening of the twlight zone for a min.

*Getting up to go back to reread Vampires are Forever*
Thomas here I come :D !
Jeanie

Postby sin on December 31st, 2008, 3:53 pm

Hey sis...love your 'short' posts...lol didn't you miss me????? Will be off and on until I get home....

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby wren on December 31st, 2008, 10:32 pm

sin wrote:Hey sis...love your 'short' posts...lol didn't you miss me????? Will be off and on until I get home....

did what I could without you :lol: ...missed you immensely...glad you are almost home...hope you had a spectacular time!!!! :D
wren

Postby Lynsay on January 3rd, 2009, 12:07 am

Thank you Wren, hon, for helping out as you do. I appreciate it.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby wren on January 3rd, 2009, 2:00 am

Lynsay wrote:Thank you Wren, hon, for helping out as you do. I appreciate it.

Lynsay

Lynsay, it is my pleasure. I like everyone to feel welcome here, just as I was made so welcome on this forum! Dave is quite right that not all forums are as nice and warm nor as inclusive as this one, and you go to a lot of trouble to make it happen here. Thanks to you for all the reading enjoyment I get with both the Argeneaus and the historicals, and for all the many friends I have made in your cozy cyber-home! :)
wren

Return to Discuss the Series