***Runaway Vampire - 2/23/16*** Comment only if you've read

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: ***Runaway Vampire - 2/23/16*** Comment only if you've r

Postby susan60625 on May 16th, 2016, 9:01 am

wren wrote:
susan60625 wrote:Wren, don't forget that Leonius was taken care of in Basha & Marcus's book, Vampire Most Wanted. Of course, there can still be some of his offspring down in South America that we don't know about.

Sue, I thought Basha (with Marcus at her side) beheaded Leonius II at the end of Sherry & Basil's book & that it only mentioned him having a couple of his sons with him. I don't remember reading anything about Abby after Basha's story. Refresh my memory, please.

Wren, you are right! I forgot about that. It looks like I'm going to have to do a re-read after all! I can practically quote the first 10 or so books, but the later books are beginning to run together. Maybe I'll start with Born to Bite (Armand's book) on a re-read!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby wren on May 16th, 2016, 11:22 pm

susan60625 wrote:
wren wrote:
susan60625 wrote:Wren, don't forget that Leonius was taken care of in Basha & Marcus's book, Vampire Most Wanted. Of course, there can still be some of his offspring down in South America that we don't know about.

Sue, I thought Basha (with Marcus at her side) beheaded Leonius II at the end of Sherry & Basil's book & that it only mentioned him having a couple of his sons with him. I don't remember reading anything about Abby after Basha's story. Refresh my memory, please.

Wren, you are right! I forgot about that. It looks like I'm going to have to do a re-read after all! I can practically quote the first 10 or so books, but the later books are beginning to run together. Maybe I'll start with Born to Bite (Armand's book) on a re-read!

Same here & BTB is a good starting place for me too. Thumbs up on that idea! Afterwards, I can do a refresh reread of the earlier books, but all the way thru TIH, I can generally locate what I need to answer a question or quote a passage in our discussions. Now that we're in the mid-20s on number of books in the series, I don't have as many rereads on the later books, nor have we had as many avid discussions ion on the forum among us ancient immortals...the core SASSy Argeneauts! :D
wren

Postby Kath on May 17th, 2016, 5:04 am

I also think Mary's daughter's mind was messed with to ease her trauma. Remember thinking that during the encounter with between her and Mary. Besides, Lucian is not as bad-ass as he tries to appear. We know that from his story (he's marshmallow inside as his wife can attest to). Perhaps, he was even controlling her a bit right then during Mary's and the daughter's conversation. He was right there waiting to see what she would do so he could intervene as needed.

And I don't think he really would have killed Mary just for telling her daughter. Mind-wipe the daughter, etc, yeah. But he would've come up with something else to dissuade Mary from trying again. He knows far too well how important finding a life mate is and would not have taken Dante's away from him (esp. as she had been turned and accepted being Dante's life mate at that point). He just wanted to impress on Mary (and everyone) just how important it is not to spread news of their existence to the world. He has proven in other books just how willing he is to bend the rules (using inventive ways around them) just a bit to allow life mates to stay together.

Can NOT wait for Tomasso's book so he can be rescued... we were left with a bit of a cliffhanger to worry about him till his book comes out....
Kath

Previous

Return to Discuss the Series