The Dorchester books as eBooks

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: The Dorchester books as eBooks

Postby Mr Spice on January 29th, 2009, 10:37 am

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately neither Lynsay or myself can shed any light on the answer to your question. It wouldn't be unreasonable to expect publishers to keep the author up to date on what is being done with their books, but I have little doubt that we'll have a long wait for the proverbial cold day in Hell before they will ever extend such a simple courtesy.

Dave
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby Denise on January 29th, 2009, 12:00 pm

Mr Spice wrote:It wouldn't be unreasonable to expect publishers to keep the author up to date on what is being done with their book
Wow! An novel concept. Actually let the AUTHOR know what's going on. Imagine!
Denise

Postby wren on January 29th, 2009, 2:34 pm

Hi AnemicOak Image

Welcome to the best forum anywhere! :D I'm glad you jumped in to post, and have let us know that the books are available for the Kindle and Sony Reader. I am trying to save to possibly buy one (my problem is I keep buying books and have no money left over <biggrin<) and it is wonderful that Lynsay's readers who may have them now know that these ebooks are available. One of our main purposes as a forum family here on Lynsay's official forum is sharing news like this that we find to help each other! :)

Unfortunately, publishing houses do not keep authors up-to-date on their books, and contracts are written in such a way that an author has little or no control over when their books are published or reissued, or even to retaining the rights to the characters and books if they move to another publishing house unless they get a special provision to do so...which rarely happens. Trust me, we aren't knocking publishers...I appreciate having my favourite authors books, and we need the services of publishers to have them. But, speaking as a reader, I have come to realize that publishers are a big industry ready to sell me a book, and that they do forget that they are providing a service ...both to the authors who write for them and the readers like me who buy those books...and often publishers as a "big business" forget that if they weren't providing me and others like you & me the service of publishing the authors we like to read, they would have no sales! It seems they would work a tiny bit harder to keep their authors informed and dare I say it...yes, I dare...keep them happy about working with them! Image Bwahahahaha....

That is why it is frustrating not to be able to find news about published books in a timely manner or for an author and their other fans to suddenly discover this kind of news and not be able to give you an answer, regardless of which publisher, though some are more difficult about keeping the author notified than others...like Dorchester. We have been disappointed several times when they have not notified Lynsay about what is happening with her books that remain with them. We are happy that they are currently reissuing the original three Argeneau books in new matching covers to the Avon part of the series...and I am purchasing those books, although I have no illusion that it is simple marketing on their part that they finally got on the ball and did so since the Argeneau series has become so big! Whatever their motivation, I'm still happy about it! :lol:

In the meantime, enjoy the books with us and keep us posted on any news you find. Please take a few minutes to fill out the Getting To Know You questions...you can read Denise's and my answers there as well as many other forum regulars. It doesn't take long, and helps us get to know one another better and see what we have in common. All of the questions are general, as Mr. & Mrs. Spice (Lynsay & her 'in real life' hubby, Dave) and House Elf Tori (Lynsay's Personal Assistant, Terri) are very careful about safety and often pop in to post when they have time!

We are always looking for new friends, and hope you will continue to post and become an active member of Lynsay's forum...where we play games, discuss the books, and play "international spies" on the publishers and book chains to look out for our favourite author and make sure they do things the right way! ;)

wren...who thinks VINCENT is yummy! Image Denise's favourite is Bastien...I have to give her kudos for picking him as he is a very close second to Vincent for me. Image Have you picked a favourite yet, AnemicOak??...we have wonderful debates about which immortal is best on the "Discuss the Characters" section!! LOL

Also, for my AE4 sisters...Lucian (sin), Victor (GiGi3), Lucern (jill)...there, I said it!!!! Image
wren

Postby Lynsay on January 29th, 2009, 2:36 pm

LOL! You guys are sooooo bad. Unfortunately, you're also right. A cold day in hell and a novel concept. . . ah well. The best advice I can give is to suggest you go to www.dorchesterpub.com and find the contact thing and email and ask them. I'd do it for you but readers carry more weight about these things and might move them to actually do it.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby wren on January 29th, 2009, 3:39 pm

Lynsay wrote:LOL! You guys are sooooo bad. Unfortunately, you're also right. A cold day in hell and a novel concept. . . ah well. The best advice I can give is to suggest you go to www.dorchesterpub.com and find the contact thing and email and ask them. I'd do it for you but readers carry more weight about these things and might move them to actually do it.

Lynsay

With apologies to Jessica Rabbit, dear Lynsay..."We're not bad, we're just written that way!" Even when it's by ourselves! LOL Besides, "D publisher who shall not be named deserves it!" :twisted:

As long as we don't run off AnemicOak...our senses of humour may be quirky, but we are the most fun, unique, & best forum anywhere! :D

bwahahahahah...muah! much luv, wren :lol:
wren

Return to Discuss the Series