The Immortal Hunter ****SPOILERS****

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: The Immortal Hunter ****SPOILERS****

Postby wren on June 8th, 2009, 10:48 am

MsKitty wrote:Hmmmmm....

So for this woman to be an Argeneau... would Leo & JC have been friends then?? Or could Vita & Leo have been friends? Or who saw VIta behead JC's lifemate & then snatched the baby? Grant's mystery friend?

Nooo...JC would have been helping his brother Lucian and the others battle Leo, especially that early after the fall of Atlantis. I can't see him & Leo 1 being friends. He was always spoiled and left it to Lucian to be the "strong one," but he didn't go "rogue" until he had turned & married Marguerite (because she looked like his wife who perished in the fall) and then later found and turned his "true life mate" which was against the Immortal Laws. That's why he faked his death and hid for 20 years. Actually, the loss of his true life mate and the three-on-one on Marguerite is what pushed JC over the edge...and the loss of his own life mate combined with the loss of JC is what pushed Morgan over the edge. Vita was just pure evil...and she didn't care that her actions were also going to hurt those she pulled in to help her evil deeds. I don't think Vita took the unborn child of JC & his life mate, because she seemed to think she had killed them both when she is telling her story to Marguerite & Christian in VI...and she wouldn't have wanted anything that would give JC any hope. The only way she would have taken the baby is if she could have used it as part of her plan...and she was born B.C. in Atlantis, so she could certainly have known Leo 1 and his family.

JC was not faithful to Marguerite...I was thinking more along the lines that perhaps he had a child that he didn't know about or perhaps his child with his life mate did survive, because he did follow the law about a child once every 100 years with Marguerite when he returned to her.

I still think that Grant's mystery friend is Armand Argeneau...reclusive brother of Lucian, the deceased Jean Claude, Martine, & Victor, & father of Nicholas, Thomas, and Jeanne Louise...and whose book comes out next after the anthology with Tiny's story! :)
wren

Postby MsKitty on June 8th, 2009, 11:08 pm

Thanks Wren!

Possibly a silly question... I know that JC was unfaithful to Marguerite, where these women mortal or immortal? I thought the chances of an immortal & a mortal conceiving a child was almost impossible! And it's pretty hard to hide a pregnancy... maybe he got another immortal pregnant AS WELL as his life-mate??

In the end I felt sorry for JC, Vita was a NASTY piece of work.. I could see her having some connection to the no-fangers, for her own purpose of course...

And if 'Blondie' IS the other 'test' subject & she was kept locked up, she would be no fan of the Argeneau's I'm guessing.... why else would you hang out with the 'Leo's'... Oooo come on October... AND the anthology... AND Jean-Louise... And the green Giant.... AND the twins (both)... And the tour... :lol:
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
MsKitty

Postby Denise on June 9th, 2009, 1:37 am

Kath wrote:But Blondie has fangs ...

Oh, that's right. I forgot about that no-fang business. So that theory is a wash....
Denise

Postby MsKitty on June 10th, 2009, 5:26 am

Did Vita ever disapear for a period of time?? Could 'Blondie' be her daughter? Maybe her & JC had a fling before he turned Marguerite?? Was there any reason for Vita to torture JC the way she did? Aside from hurting Julius... she seemed to really like kicking him when he was down.. touch of unrequited love??

My brain hurts with all the 'maybe's'... I was just thinking what if Marguerite was pregnant with Julius's twins? Yah - prob not likely I would imagine!!
MsKitty

Postby wren on June 11th, 2009, 10:30 am

Vita used anyone to get her way and to do what she needed to hurt and eventually possibly kill Julius. She didn't care if it hurt the person she was using. She hated Julius because he was male...until he was born, as the eldest Notte daughter, she was the one who was helping run the family business. She didn't care about anyone except Vita...and she hated Julius from the moment of his birth because it changed both her position in the family and her chance of eventually being the head of the Notte family business...since that would now go to Julius!
wren

Postby MsKitty on June 12th, 2009, 5:34 am

She was heartless. I think I used to work with a girl like her!
MsKitty

Postby Jazz on June 17th, 2009, 2:43 pm

Ok, for this woman to be JCs daughter from his true life mate means she would be 600ish years old. Leo said that everyone else but his mother with him safetly in her womb was killed in the after math of the battle somewhere in the past. Lindsay dosen't say when the battle between the immortals and the no fangers took place happened but it probably happened say with in 1000 years or so of the fall.

So instead of his Sister/slash daughter she actually his mother. My reasoning for this is Leo appears to be following the same policies as his Father. Well....... his father killed his female off spring because he saw them as worthless so the only female he'd even see as anything other than just a womb to breed more kids is his mother.
Jazz

Postby Mabel48 on July 11th, 2009, 11:09 am

Armand Argeneau
by Denise on Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:30 am
From AQB, p. 68:
--First wife was pregnant when she died but hadn't had the baby, yet.
--Third wife (JL's mom) died shortly after JL was born.

From VAF, p. 252-253:
--Third wife was not a lifemate. --"Your father found a second lifemate after your mother died?" "Well, no, actually he didn't."
--Second wife (T's mom) died when T was four.
--All three of his wives were immortals. --"It's kind of complicated. Basically, my father seems to be cursed when it comes to wives. They just kept dying on him... Not an easy thing when they were all immortals....After JL's mother died, he just sort of gave up. He's a recluse now and doesn't see anyone. JL doesn't even know what he looks like."

OK ….There’s just something about this whole thing with Armand that still bothers me. :? He’s had three VERY young wives. At the most HE could have only turned ONE. But all three were immortals. So either someone else turned the other two or they were born immortal. But if they were born immortals would they have married that young?
Susanna died at 19 married AND pregnant? ( which we now believe was Nicholas ) 18 when she married.

Althea died at 23 when Thomas was four “My mom died shortly after I was born’ AQB pg 60. So she would have been no more than about 18 when she married.

Rosamund died at 21 “shortly after” (the same year) Jeanne Louise was born. The most she could have been is 20 or even younger when she married unless she got pregnant RIGHT after they were married.

Does it ever really state that at any of these women were his lifemate :?: If one was his lifemate it would have to have been wife 1 or 2. And neither could have been more than 18 when married. A human that young, turned immortal I could see. Like Marguerite. But someone born immortal? They would still be looked at as almost a baby. The youngest ‘natural’ immortal to find a lifemate that I remember reading about was TJ at 112.

And would Armand have used his one turn on someone that was not his lifemate? If he turned wife 1 OR 2 where did the other two young immortals come from that he married?
Something about his having three such young immortal wives just doesn’t sit right with me.
Any ideas anyone?
OK I've done way to much thinking with no coffee :o I think I'll go back to contemplating the idea of a Lucern blow up doll :oops:
Mabel48
Mabel48

Postby Jewelz on July 11th, 2009, 7:16 pm

I'm sure Armand's book will clarify this topic. ;)

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby MsKitty on July 12th, 2009, 11:48 pm

Mabel48 wrote:
OK I've done way to much thinking with no coffee :o I think I'll go back to contemplating the idea of a Lucern blow up doll :oops:

Great thought's Mabel.. since lifemates are rare... hmmm... Like Jewels said, Armands story will sort it out!!

Now... I'm thinking of getting a multi-pack of Mortimer, Decker & it's a toss up between DJ, Lucern, Lucien, Victor, Vincent, Etienne, Bastien.... Heck.. I'll obvoiusly need one of each... (quality control... we can't have any faulty ones!!)ROTFL!!
MsKitty

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss the Series