Immortal Hunter on Bestseller Lists

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Immortal Hunter on Bestseller Lists

Postby Mr Spice on April 9th, 2009, 9:58 am

The listings we have so far are;

USA Today - 20 - This is Lynsay highest placing so far.
Borders - 2 (two)
New York TImes - 7 (seven)

There has been some very stiff competition again so we're delighted to have done so well and we all extend a big thank you to everyone who has already bought the book and contributed to these placings.

Dave
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Re: Immortal Hunter on Bestseller Lists

Postby Double E on April 9th, 2009, 9:16 pm

How exciting! Congratulations!
Double E

Postby Denise on April 9th, 2009, 10:13 pm

Yea!!!
Denise

Postby wren on April 9th, 2009, 11:11 pm

WOOHOO! WAY TO GO!!!! Image Image Image Image
wren

Postby Gypsy on April 11th, 2009, 10:45 pm

Congratulations Lynsay! We are so happy and proud for you! I was hoping all along that you would make it! Anyway, just wanted to let you know how wonderful I feel for you! Image Much love, Gypsy
Not all who wander are lost! J.R.R. Tolkien
~~~~~ SASSy ARGENEAUTS ~~~~~
**** AEA Sister of the Pixies ****
Gypsy

Postby Mr Spice on April 12th, 2009, 10:30 am

This is the link yo the NY Times lists.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/19/books/bestseller/bestpapermassfiction.html?_r=1
"A heavy snowfall,

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby ~Linda~ on April 13th, 2009, 4:13 pm

Congratulations Lynsay!!

Immortal Hunter is also #7 on Rhapsody book club's top 100! Woo to the hoo
The world is so Backasswards
It makes me wish I was
DYSLEXIC!
~Linda~

Postby KimberlyK on April 16th, 2009, 9:25 pm

The Immortal Hunter was also #7 on Publishers Weekly list of Mass Market Paperbacks in its first week. Lucky #7 or what? LOL!

NY Times list for the second week isn't available on their website yet but on USA Today's list, The Immortal Hunter is still high on the list at #30.

Looking good Lynsay!

Kimberly

PS. On Barnes and Nobles' website, in the Romance category The Immortal Hunter is at #42. What's funny is that two of the books higher on the list are earlier ones in the series! Tall, Dark and Hungry is at #24 and A Quick Bite is at #40. *grin* Also, let's not overlook that Love Bites is close on its heels at #44. Single White Vampire is also in the top 100 at #90.
KimberlyK

Postby wren on April 18th, 2009, 8:02 am

KimberlyK wrote:The Immortal Hunter was also #7 on Publishers Weekly list of Mass Market Paperbacks in its first week. Lucky #7 or what? LOL!

NY Times list for the second week isn't available on their website yet but on USA Today's list, The Immortal Hunter is still high on the list at #30.

Looking good Lynsay!

Kimberly

PS. On Barnes and Nobles' website, in the Romance category The Immortal Hunter is at #42. What's funny is that two of the books higher on the list are earlier ones in the series! Tall, Dark and Hungry is at #24 and A Quick Bite is at #40. *grin* Also, let's not overlook that Love Bites is close on its heels at #44. Single White Vampire is also in the top 100 at #90.

Kimberly, you sparked my interest! ;) Looking at Barnes & Noble's website Romance category this morning, we have in the Top 100 Bestsellers:

#9 Tall, Dark, & Hungry (original cover) Guess those that have been reading the new covers can't wait for it in the new cover & are getting the original while they can. YAY! New "turns" to our favourite series! Image

#24 Single, White, Vampire (New Cover)

#27 The Immortal Hunter

#33 A Quick Bite

#42 A Bite To Remember

#53 Love Bites (New Cover)

#94 Bite Me If You Can

With Lynsay having seven of the Top 100 Romance Bestseller list for B&N it made me curious about the other books & our latest historical (Hey, Lynsay, it was nice of you not to take up all the top spots {giggle}...actually, Lynsay is so modest about her work that she wouldn't be able to even think of such a thing!)...so through the Top 400 B&N Bestsellers, we have:

#152 Vampire, Interrupted

#251 Vampires Are Forever

#269 The Rogue Hunter

#342 Devil Of The Highlands (Our first Avon/Harper Collins Historical ~ the first book in a Scottish Trilogy! Yeah!!)

#372 The Accidental Vampire

That means that all eleven Argeneau/Rogue Hunter Books and the newest historical are in the Top 400 Romance category of Barnes & Noble Bestseller list! Way to go, Lynsay. ImageNotice that the 7 books in the top 100 are all of the earlier books, except for The Immortal Hunter. I think that as new readers have picked up the recent books and the new cover reprints of the earlier books, they have found the passion that we on the forum have for Lynsay's books. I predict we will see these others move up again as our new "turns" make their way through the series. :)

Then I got a little curious about our anthologies...So, in the Top 330 Bestsellers (which is as far as the list went) in the Anthologies category, we have:

#23 Historical Christmas Present (reprint of Lynsay's story "Three French Hens" from Five Gold Rings)

#36 Dates From Hell (paranormal ~ shapeshifter story "The Claire Switch Project")

#52 Eternal Lover with Hannah Howell (This book is a mass market paperpack reissue with Lynsay's story "Bitten" from His Immortal Embrace. It is not to be confused with the Lynsay Sands/Hannah Howell half-book with the title The Eternal Highlander.)

#54 Holidays Are Hell (paranormal ~ "Run Run Rudolph" sequel to shapeshifter story in Dates From Hell)

#112 Eternal Lover (Paperback - Hannah Howell with two additional authors ~ reprint of Lynsay's story "Bitten" from His Immortal Embrace Same as the book at #52 with a slightly different cover...see above.)

#122 His Immortal Embrace (Vampire Story ~ "Bitten")

#176 Wish List (Christmas Regency historical ~ "All I Want" The first story of Lynsay's that I ever read from the library...I didn't realize the treasure I had found until much later when I discovered Single White Vampire and this forum. It was awhile before I discovered that Lynsay had written the story in this anthology that I had read some time before! I am a devoted Regency romance fan, so I checked it out from the library again...and lo & behold, there was our own Lynsay Sands name on the front cover! I now own the hardcover, thanks to Kimberly finding it in Wisconsin for me! Thanks, Kim!! 8-) )

#202 A Mother's Way (Medival romance story ~ "Mother May I")

I know these lists change quickly, but I found it interesting to look and see just where some of the books are on this list as well as others. These aren't all of Lynsay's anthologies, and I didn't look for the previous historicals or the contemporary, The Loving Daylights. I highly recommend to anyone who enjoys Lynsay's paranormal books that they give the historicals and anthologies a try, also. Normally, I'm not big into anthologies, but Lynsay's are fantastic and she writes with some great authors. The historicals aren't affectionally called hysterical for no reason...they are so funny & romantic that you will be laughing one moment and crying the next, and sometimes doing both at the same time! :lol: I've caught up on most of them between the release of the Argeneau/Rogue Hunters & while waiting for the new historicals to begin! You can find the entire list of Lynsay's books and what the covers look like on the Books page of the website! Happy Reading!! Image
wren

Postby Mr Spice on April 18th, 2009, 9:32 am

KimberlyK wrote:NY Times list for the second week isn't available on their website yet.

It's at number twelve on the NY Times in the second week, which is very good news.
"A heavy snowfall,

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Next

Return to Discuss the Series