Immortal Hunter on Bestseller Lists

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: Immortal Hunter on Bestseller Lists

Postby KimberlyK on April 18th, 2009, 11:11 am

That's great news Mr. Spice! You are right about the competition. There are some big names on that list and for Lynsay to do so well must mean that her name is becoming more well known as well. The authors like Dan Brown, Baldacci (sp.?), etc. are in different genres and Nora Roberts is in a league of her own. Plus Lynsay has accomplished her success without having the benefits of HBO advertising!

Kimberly
KimberlyK

Postby love2read on April 18th, 2009, 3:59 pm

ok ok i broke down and went and bought my copy of Immortal hunter, i have been trying to wait to buy it because i know that when i buy it i wont be able to put it down and now i have hidden it behind my other books in my bookshelf because i have so many things ithat i have to do for college and i have finals coming up in about two weeks and i cant have the distarction but now that i bought it it just is THERE and i cant stop thinking about it.....i might break down again and read it if i can get some of my studying out of the way. :geek:
love2read

Postby KimberlyK on April 18th, 2009, 8:49 pm

You might actually get more studying done if you don't have that nagging distraction in the back of your mind. *grin* Then again, once you have read it, there are some unanswered questions that have a lot of us proposing different theories and mulling over the possibilities and you might get caught up in that. *sigh*

Decisions, decisions. I feel like I should encourage you to do the right thing here. Yet I feel another urge to say in a deep voice, "Come over to the Dark Side." LOL!

Kimberly
KimberlyK

Postby wren on April 19th, 2009, 2:01 am

Mr Spice wrote:
KimberlyK wrote:NY Times list for the second week isn't available on their website yet.

It's at number twelve on the NY Times in the second week, which is very good news.

KimberlyK wrote:That's great news Mr. Spice! You are right about the competition. There are some big names on that list and for Lynsay to do so well must mean that her name is becoming more well known as well. The authors like Dan Brown, Baldacci (sp.?), etc. are in different genres and Nora Roberts is in a league of her own. Plus Lynsay has accomplished her success without having the benefits of HBO advertising!
Kimberly

I noticed all that competition while browsing the lists yesterday morning! Many I had read or at least know who they are, and on the B&N romance list were lots of romance authors whose work I have enjoyed for years. Being at #12 on the NY Times in the second week is fantastic, Mr. Spice, and I also like your last point, Kimberly...about certain advertising...which you pointed out in a nice way. :D Although I haven't seen the television show, I know we don't begrudge Charlaine Harris her success with it. A few years ago I read some of the books that the HBO series is based upon. They just aren't my cup of *Lipton Mandarin Orange Flavor Green Tea*...btw, Mr. Spice, that was a wonderful tea recommendation...both Kewie & I enjoy it very much. It is one of my favourites now. As for me, my books are like my tea...if I'm going to read it or drink it, it needs to be among my favourites! Life is just too short to waste time on anything else. ;)

It's just that Kimberly & I haven't even been able to nominate our Lynsay for an award in the romance industry...ahhh, that sweet Canadian modesty! :) But if it makes Lynsay Sands more comfortable if we don't "toot the horn" for her for awards & so forth, then we shall just continue to win readers the old-fashioned way...we'll earn them by introducing her books to others and making our "turns!" However, it is rather sweet to rejoice in the fact that Lynsay's books are doing so well without all those advertisements, award ceremonies, gimmicks, etc...isn't it? :lol:
Okay, I'll be good now...Image...Really. I will! Maybe...just don't bet on it...{{giggles}}
wren

Postby KimberlyK on April 19th, 2009, 9:58 am

Wren,

I do want to note that I also have nothing against CH's books. In fact, I have read the entire series and enjoyed it but the first two books were only okay for me. It builds slowly. It's an entirely different kind of series than Lynsay's. The first person perspective and the lifestyle/setting took a while for me to warm up to. I found it hard to relate to the main character at first but as she changes and develops under unusual circumstances, I found myself more interested. The same secondary characters show up in every book as well so I can see why it makes a good basis for a TV show.

The vampires aren't nearly as likable as Lynsay's either. *grin* They aren't evil (for the most part) as much as they are totally foreign or alien. Very hard to understand.

I guess all vampires can't be drop dead gorgeous with super bodies and great personalities, right? LOL! There is a reason that Barnes and Noble has CH's books in the paranormal section and Lynsay's in the romance. The two series really can't be compared fairly. We read Lynsay's books because we want to fall in love with the hero along with the female lead. We want to put ourselves in her shoes and imagine. We want to escape into a world where the hero wins the heart of the girl and overcomes all obstacles.

That's what Lynsay gives to us and that is why she consistently ends up at the top of the charts.

Kimberly
KimberlyK

Postby wren on April 19th, 2009, 2:00 pm

Kimberly wrote:I guess all vampires can't be drop dead gorgeous with super bodies and great personalities, right? LOL! There is a reason that Barnes and Noble has CH's books in the paranormal section and Lynsay's in the romance. The two series really can't be compared fairly. We read Lynsay's books because we want to fall in love with the hero along with the female lead. We want to put ourselves in her shoes and imagine. We want to escape into a world where the hero wins the heart of the girl and overcomes all obstacles.

That's what Lynsay gives to us and that is why she consistently ends up at the top of the charts.
Kimberly

That's exactly how I feel, Kimberly...even when I read paranormal, I want it to be a true romance. If it moves away from romance into other elements, that series will usually lose me...even if it's from well-known & popular authors. Sookie lost me long before the tv show ever came to be. {shrug} Nothing personal against the author of that particular series. I've also dropped the BDB series, as it's become more urban fantasy than true romance...as well as more graphic & hardcore.

So, I guess I just know what I want to read! :) I love the romance, humour, history, and mystery of Lynsay's books along with how she makes any paranormal elements believable...I don't want to be able to figure out all of the clues, and I want the "happily ever after!" Image
wren

Postby ~Linda~ on April 21st, 2009, 6:15 pm

wren wrote:
That's exactly how I feel, Kimberly...even when I read paranormal, I want it to be a true romance. If it moves away from romance into other elements, that series will usually lose me...even if it's from well-known & popular authors. Sookie lost me long before the tv show ever came to be. {shrug} Nothing personal against the author of that particular series. I've also dropped the BDB series, as it's become more urban fantasy than true romance...as well as more graphic & hardcore.

So, I guess I just know what I want to read! :) I love the romance, humour, history, and mystery of Lynsay's books along with how she makes any paranormal elements believable...I don't want to be able to figure out all of the clues, and I want the "happily ever after!"

I still like the Sookies. And I still Love the BDB, even though JR Ward has gone more into UF than romance. sigh... I sill love the first 3 books best. But the newest in the series Lover Avenged awesome so far.
I am getting enough of a romance fix. But will let ya know how I feel when i am done.

As for Lynsay's Argeneau's they are still my number one Preorder.
Wren did you ever get your Hardcover of Immortal Hunter?
The world is so Backasswards
It makes me wish I was
DYSLEXIC!
~Linda~

Postby wren on April 21st, 2009, 9:22 pm

~Linda~ wrote:
wren wrote:

So, I guess I just know what I want to read! :) I love the romance, humour, history, and mystery of Lynsay's books along with how she makes any paranormal elements believable...I don't want to be able to figure out all of the clues, and I want the "happily ever after!"

I still like the Sookies. And I still Love the BDB, even though JR Ward has gone more into UF than romance. sigh... I sill love the first 3 books best. But the newest in the series Lover Avenged awesome so far.
I am getting enough of a romance fix. But will let ya know how I feel when i am done.

As for Lynsay's Argeneau's they are still my number one Preorder.
Wren did you ever get your Hardcover of Immortal Hunter?

I did get my hardcover, Linda...but I found the paperback at Wal-Mart first & couldn't wait! :D
wren

Postby sin on April 21st, 2009, 9:25 pm

Could not believe they had it before the bookstores...

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby Mr Spice on April 25th, 2009, 12:32 pm

We're now on week three since The Immortal Hunter was published and I'm happy to say that this week it is once again at number twelve on the New York Times mass market paperback lists.
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss the Series