Favorite Funny Argeneau Moment

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: Favorite Funny Argeneau Moment

Postby wren on June 17th, 2008, 5:51 pm

If I had to rate the top funniest Argeneau books of the series so far, it would be these three.

1. Single White Vampire (Lucern)
2. Bite Me If You Can (Lucian)
3. The Accidental Vampire (Victor)

I find it interesting that these are the books of the three older grumpy immortals that have major fan clubs on the forum (yes, when Gigi3 returns in the near future, you will see what I mean.) To me these are the simply the funniest books of the series. (I put these in order of my preference of how funny they are, but they are really equal.) Notice I said the funniest...not necessarily the most romantic or most mysterious, although each has its moments in those areas also! Image
wren

Postby wren on June 17th, 2008, 5:55 pm

Hello and Welcome, JadeyBabey! If you haven't already, please fill out the Getting to Know You Questions on the General Discussion! I'm sorry if I have missed you joining the forum! I've been in and out for the last two weeks! Hope you have as much fun here as we do! :D
wren

Postby Copper on June 18th, 2008, 8:26 am

very true wren but i dont think i have the same order
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
Copper

Postby wren on June 18th, 2008, 6:16 pm

Ahh, Copper, if I gaze into my Image I will see that your chosen order of funniest books of the three mentioned in my post are...drumroll, please...

1. Bite Me If You Can starring Lucian
2. The Accidental Vampire starring Victor
3. Single White Vampire starring Lucern

although, Lucern is not in your top five fave Argeneaus/Nottes/Enforcers, my AEA sister...his book is in the top three funniest! Both of us have to cede that point! :mrgreen: SWV always has been the funniest for me, but I had to add in TAV because it is also in the top three funniest, even though the old guys are not in my top faves (well, older than around 700 so far, but we are still waiting on Mortimer's book and he is 800+...and, I need to look back at the other Port Henry immortals.)

wren...I see all, I know all...Bwahahaha Image
wren

Postby Copper on June 18th, 2008, 6:34 pm

how do u get it so spot on wren i do agree even though Lucern isnt my top man but his book is very funny but that doesnt mean im every going to put him before Lucian
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
Copper

Postby wren on June 18th, 2008, 7:00 pm

Sorry, little AEA sister, but I can't give away the family secrets! Only C1 can authorize that! 8-)
The AE4 do fit their "Charmed" inspiration parts, do we not? Image

Also, let's just say you fit the AE Associates very well! Image
wren

Postby Nicola on October 10th, 2008, 11:16 am

:lol: i so loved in the bathroom when thomas and inez nearly make luv and she says OMG i havent shaved my legs i was like ha ha ha ha ha a true female lol poor thomas isnt it just great that they cant read minds of there lifemate lol mind u i had such laughs with this book and now im on to bite me if u can im a newbie reader as of yesterday i bought 4 of her books VAF BMIYC TAV ABTR so heres to many more i have to look out for the rest so if anyone can help with more names ....

these i have

vampires are forever
Bite me if you can
The accidental vampire
A bite to remember

please feel free to email more i cant wait ...

nicola
I Have Lived For More Than 3000 Years Living forever is what i intend to do loving u is my only danger in the darkness of the nite i shall come to u with eyes burning silver eternity is only a heartbeat away let me take you there....
Nicola

Postby wren on October 10th, 2008, 2:45 pm

Nicola wrote::lol: i so loved in the bathroom when thomas and inez nearly make luv and she says OMG i havent shaved my legs i was like ha ha ha ha ha a true female lol poor thomas isnt it just great that they cant read minds of there lifemate lol mind u i had such laughs with this book and now im on to bite me if u can im a newbie reader as of yesterday i bought 4 of her books VAF BMIYC TAV ABTR so heres to many more i have to look out for the rest so if anyone can help with more names ....

these i have

vampires are forever
Bite me if you can
The accidental vampire
A bite to remember

please feel free to email more i cant wait ...

nicola

Hi Nicola,

Okay, of the books you have so far, this is the reading order...and the further you get into the series, the more important it is to read in order, if possible! <grin> That way you won't have too many "spoilers" and will enjoy the series even more!

A Bite To Remember ~ Vincent Argeneu & Jackie Morrisey (book 5)
Bite Me If You Can ~ Lucian Argeneau & Leigh Gerard (book 6)
The Accidental Vampire ~ Victor Argeneau & Elvi Black (book 7)
then I suggest a reread of Vampires Are Forever ~ Thomas Argeneau & Inez Urso (Book 8) :D

A Bite To Remember is a personal favorite ( VINCENT!!!! - I just had to say it! ;) He is one of my top two favorites!!) and his story sets up the book following Vampires Are Forever which is Vampire, Interrupted ~ Marguerite's Story! You do want to read her book after you have read the first eight books in the series, if possible! Also, her story and Thomas' story are happening at the same time, and have some interconnected parts! :)

That's why I recommend a reread of VAF just before you read VI...such a hardship, I know! {giggle}

The latest is the story of Garrett Mortimer & Samantha Willan, which is the first book in the Council Enforcer series called "The Rogue Hunters" that is part of a series "within" the Argeneau series. Some of the enforcers are not actually Argeneaus, but are connected to them through the work that they do. So, the series is expanding, in a very good way! 8-)

Mortimer's book is actually called The Rogue Hunter (book 10.) You are introduced to the the enforcers and what they do in Lucian's book. I would go ahead and get the book, if possible, as it has just released and have it ready for after you finish the others! Book 11, The Immortal Hunter, Decker Argerneau Pimms story, begins immediately following Mortimer's story, will be released at the end of March 2009!

It's not absolutely necessary to read the books in order, as each featured character tells their own story, but they do build on each other as a series. We have a current thread topic on the order of the books on this section that lists all ten books. It will give you more info and other forum fans' opinions about reading order, so look for it!

Happy Reading, new friend! Image

P.S. The first four books that you need are:

A Quick Bite ~ Lissianna Argeneau & Dr. Gregory Hewitt (Book 1- introduces the Argeneau family, including Thomas, Lucian, Martine, and a few cousins & friends!)
Love Bites ~ Etienne Argeneau & Dr. Rachel Garrett (Book 2 - introduces Marguerite, Lucern, Bastien, & Lucian more fully)
Single White Vampire ~ Lucern Argeneau & Kate C. Leever (Book 3 - Continues with the family...this book is one of the most popular in the series! Lucern has his own forum fan club, as do Lucian & Victor! )
Tall, Dark, & Hungry ~ Bastien Argeneau & Terri Lea Simpson (Book 4 - introduces Vincent)

These are the stories of Marguerite's children that began the series. The three sons' stories were published by Dorchester before Lynsay moved to Avon/Harper Collins. They currently have cartoon style covers, but are being rereleased by Dorchester in similar matching covers to the current Avon books beginning with SWV in November 2008. WOOHOO! :mrgreen: SWV is already available for ordering! :) If you want to get them in the original covers for your collection, now would be the best time to look for them, as I don't know if they will be available in the original covers when the new covers are released! You can then get them in the new covers when they come out if you desire. See how addicted I am...I have to have the books in both covers! LOL :lol: LB and TD&H won't be released in their new covers until sometime in 2009. If you would rather wait and get these in the new covers, you may possibly find them at a library until then, so that you can read them before starting your current books! Don't forget about inter-library loan, if your local public library offers it. If they don't have the books, they can "borrow" them from another library in their inter-library loan system! Just ask the librarian about it.

A Quick Bite was published out of order, but is actually the first book in the series, so Avon began with it first. These four books are hysterically hilarious, and introduce the characters that are in the books you currently have!
wren

Postby jill on October 12th, 2008, 7:44 am

SPOILER ALERT ROGUE HUNTER

I loved when Sam and Mortimer was together and he lays her on the rock and then notices she has leeches all of her. Poor girl. She was really really striking out. Oh and the previous name Bricker came out with for the rock band... Morty and Muppets. I was rolling. Truly a masterpiece.
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Postby love2read on October 13th, 2008, 12:04 am

What about deckers disgust with the name the Rippers? lol that was funny! :lol:
love2read

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss the Series