Time Line

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Time Line

Postby Lynsay on June 16th, 2009, 10:43 am

You guys need to forget about the posted time line we tried to give you. We were trying to match it to pub dates as well as events and that simply doesn't work. It screws everything up. I don't write them thinking, oh my, it will be published NEXT year or TWO years from now or whatever. I write them in my order and the pub dates screw it all up. For instance, Tiny's story actually takes place after Armand's story, but Armand's story comes out AFTER Tiny's. It's a dreadful pain in the arse. Can I say arse? Anyway, by trying to match pub dates we spread it out further than it originally took place which causes alternate problems when it comes to things like Lissianna's pregnancy, so just forget the time line we originally tried to put together.

Their pregnancies are nine months like anyone elses. They aren't a whole different species. However, some facts about pregnancies. They can't get pregnant accidentally, they have to plan for it. Lucern was looking for the condoms because Kate was insisting on them, not because he worried she could get pregnant. (Although, mortal women can get pregnant from immortal men, but the child would be mortal like it's mother.)

Another tidbit, immortals can also have miscarriages like anyone else. It is more rare than among mortals because the miscarriage will be only because of a genetic defect in the baby (nanos do not fix genetic problems), not because of the many and varied reasons mortals can have cause it, but it happens.

Lynsay, who knows she wanted to say something else, but can't remember what. Guess I'll be posting again, lol
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Re: Time Line

Postby sin on June 16th, 2009, 3:03 pm

Thanks for the information Lynsay..

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby KimberlyK on June 16th, 2009, 8:08 pm

I know what you wanted to say Lynsay. *grin* It was that you were going to post the excerpt for the next book, right? LOL! We're an impatient bunch around here. We need our Argeneau fix!

Kimberly
KimberlyK

Postby sin on June 16th, 2009, 9:04 pm

Kimberly you are sooo right....*grin*

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby susan60625 on June 16th, 2009, 10:30 pm

Thanks for the info, Lynsay! It really was screwing with my mind that these pregnancies seemed to be taking so long! I personally don't expect the book events to match up with the pub dates. Other authors I've read may start their series at a certain point in our time, end up creating their own time line. For instance, Kim Harrison started putting out her Rachel Morgan series in 2004, but had the story start in June, 2006, and even though she puts out a new book in the series once a year now, only 1-1/2 years have actually elapsed in the story.

Sue, Chicago
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby Denise on June 16th, 2009, 11:08 pm

You know, since I just started a re-read, I may try my hand at creating a time-line that is relative to the books, not any particular year. That's usually how I recall them anyway, not relative to when published, but relative to the last book. I'll see what I can do.
Denise

Postby MsKitty on June 17th, 2009, 5:34 am

Yes... I believe since it's your forum you CAN say 'Arse'! I like it!! :lol:
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
MsKitty

Postby feanturien on June 17th, 2009, 5:12 pm

You know, since I just started a re-read, I may try my hand at creating a time-line that is relative to the books, not any particular year. That's usually how I recall them anyway, not relative to when published, but relative to the last book. I'll see what I can do.

If you'd like any help, I'm game!
feanturien

Postby wren on June 17th, 2009, 5:20 pm

I'm never really too concerned about a time line...as long as the story goes in order and the plot basically makes sense with the rest of the series...I guess I just see editing and publishing as the business/marketing part of being an author & it's just not that big a factor to me! {shrug}

Besides, sin is so much better at organizing that kind of stuff and updating bios on the characters. :)
wren

Postby susan60625 on June 18th, 2009, 4:09 am

Lynsay wrote:For instance, Tiny's story actually takes place after Armand's story, but Armand's story comes out AFTER Tiny's.

This just struck me, and, yes, it is the middle of the night, but I just had to ask -- for the purist in me who likes to read the books in the order they happen. Since the publishing of Armand's story is after the publishing of Tiny's story, when can we (approximately, of course) expect to see Armand's story? Even though I long for new Argeneau stories, I just might wait, so that I can read them in the right order.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Next

Return to Discuss the Series