Argeneau books on audiobook

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Argeneau books on audiobook

Postby KimberlyK on July 14th, 2009, 1:51 pm

I decided that I should repost this as a separate thread because I thought it would get overlooked in the "Argeneau lazy moment" thread even though that's where the subject first came up. *grin*

For any newcomers, the series is about to start becoming available as audiobooks. However, the original three books in the series were published by Dorchester and thus the question of whether they would issue those on audiobook as well was in question. They did finally reissue the first three books with new covers (the old ones were cartoon drawings and the new ones are more in line with the ones by Avon).

Lynsay posted in the newsletter that she had heard they either had or were about to do the audiobooks but had no concrete dates to give us since the Dorks (an affectionate nickname Mr. Spice came up with *grin*) are very bad at keeping her in the loop. Below is my original post:

Well, after reading in the newsletter that the first three books in the series were supposed to be out on audiobook soon I decided to do some investigating. Brilliance Audio was mentioned so I looked them up online and came up empty with any information on any websites connected with them. However, I did find a 1-800 number and called them up and asked politely if there was any information regarding release dates yet. And there was!!

November 24, 2009 - Tall, Dark and Hungry (to coincide with the paperback release)
March 1, 2010 - Love Bites
May 29, 2010 - Single White Vampire

You know what? I should have asked if she had any information regarding who is doing the narration. I don't want to make a pest out of myself but if someone else wants to call up and ask... *grin*

Kimberly
KimberlyK

Re: Argeneau books on audiobook

Postby sin on July 14th, 2009, 2:04 pm

November 24, 2009 - Tall, Dark and Hungry (to coincide with the paperback release)

Thanks Kimberly.. Have been wondering when the new cover for this book would be released...

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby Mr Spice on July 14th, 2009, 7:14 pm

sin wrote:

Thanks Kimberly.. Have been wondering when the new cover for this book would be released...

Nice that Dorks have, once again, singularly shown spectacular disregard (and poor manners) in failing to keep their authors in the loop. We recorded a sound file with Lynsay reading all of the character names for the narrator of the audio books that Avon are releasing in order to avoid any mispronunciations in the reading. Perhaps if Dorks had a little bit more consideration in the way of publisher/author relations they might have been aware of this and could have requested a copy for their own narrator.
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby KimberlyK on July 15th, 2009, 9:12 am

I was afraid that I might have found out information before Lynsay and you Mr. Spice. I regret that my suspicions were confirmed. *sigh* Perhaps now that you know that it is Brilliance Audio doing the books, you could try contacting them directly and offering them the sound file?

Kimberly
KimberlyK

Postby Lynsay on July 22nd, 2009, 9:00 am

Kimberly darlin', you sound so down in your answer that I worry you think Dave was referring to you and calling you a Dork. Please know that isn't the case at all. It's his short form for Dorchester which I'm sure he will stop using when he considers that Dorchester is where I got my start. That I wouldn't even be pubbed if not for them and that the people there are all lovely, sweet indiviuals I consider among my friends.

Yes, I got irritated and dropped a toilet on one Dorchester person in a book, but . . .er . . . friends do that kind of thing. LOL. Well, it's true. I mean gees, he was the editor of that book. It's not like I did it behind his back. And he got the message and had the type of sense of humor and security in himself that he let it be part of the book. I mean another editor might have said, "Very funny." and then taken it out. But not he, and I still have fond feelings for CK and the rest of the gang at DorCH.

So anyway, Kimberly, I know Mr. Spice isn't at all upset with you for getting this info first. In fact, we appreciate you passing it along here where we can get it as well. I'm afraid it never occurred to any of us to call Brilliance ourselves, but then the whole household has been sick the last couple weeks. I went to the RWA with pneumonia,
Terri developed strep throat the first morning there, and Mr. Spice was sick himself back at home. But more about that under a general heading I guess. Meantime, thank you Kimberly for sharing the info. It is appreciated.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby Lynsay on July 22nd, 2009, 9:30 am

Oh gees, I wrote that and posted it and then went to make myself a coffee and realized not everyone knows the story behind the toilet dropping on CK and might not realize the joke about the toilet dropping on him cause I was irritated so I'm going to tell it. You see, it was based on a real event. The real Chris who was my editor lived in an apartment in New York and not long before I wrote Tall Dark and Handsome, the bathroom in the apartment above his came through the ceiling of his own bathroom. It really happened. However, I don't think Chris was even home at the time and he wasn't injured. However, in the story, I needed an excuse for Chris to be at Bastien's and so in the story he was in the bathroom when it happened and was injured. I didn't come up with that because I was irritated with him. That's the joke I told my next editor, be nice or I'll drop a toilet on you in a story, lol. The truth is, I consider CK a friend. We used to IM all the time when I wrote for Dorchester and I even traded emails with his dad and so on. He's a sweetie.

To reassure you all, CK has since moved to another apartment. No he hasn't found his life mate and settled down, he's still single and dating I believe. I'm sure he'd have mentioned it if he had because we are still in contact. In fact I saw him at RWA, walked up behind him, poked him in the sides and then gave him a big hug when he turned around. He wanted to take Terri and I for drinks to catch up, but neither of us were feeling well enough for it that night (we were headed to our room where we both crashed shivering and surrounded by kleenex) and he was leaving the next day so we didn't get to do it. Speaking of which, his sister got married a week or so ago and he promised to send me pics. I should email and remind him.

Anyway, that's the story of CK and the infamous toilet scene.

Lynsay, off to figure out where she should post about the conference
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby sin on July 22nd, 2009, 9:39 am

Funny story about Chris. Thank you for telling..Look forward to reading about you time at RWA. Hope all are feeling better..hugs

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby ~Linda~ on July 22nd, 2009, 3:52 pm

Lynsay wrote: In fact I saw him at RWA, walked up behind him, poked him in the sides and then gave him a big hug when he turned around. He wanted to take Terri and I for drinks to catch up, but neither of us were feeling well enough for it that night (we were headed to our room where we both crashed shivering and surrounded by kleenex) and he was leaving the next day so we didn't get to do it.
Lynsay, off to figure out where she should post about the conference

AHhhh I fould have met the real CK waaaaaaaaaahhh
The world is so Backasswards
It makes me wish I was
DYSLEXIC!
~Linda~

Postby ~Linda~ on July 22nd, 2009, 3:57 pm

Great detective work Kimberly!~ Thanks I love audio books!~
The world is so Backasswards
It makes me wish I was
DYSLEXIC!
~Linda~

Postby Mabel48 on July 23rd, 2009, 4:46 pm

Audio books are great but it all depends on the person 'reading' it . I have a 45 min. drive home from work and I've been going thur the Amelia Peabody mysteries series. Some of the same books have been recorded by two different women. The one is great!! It's almost like what listening to what an old time radio shows must have been like. The other one 'reading' the same book would put me to sleep
Mabel48
Mabel48

Next

Return to Discuss the Series