Argeneau books on audiobook

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: Argeneau books on audiobook

Postby Denise on December 9th, 2009, 3:37 pm

I'm sorry to say I that just previewed the audiobooks and I don't like ANY of the readers! Bummer! I guess I'll just stick to the printed books.
Denise

Postby sin on December 9th, 2009, 4:30 pm

On this I agree with you whole heartedly Denise.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby Denise on December 9th, 2009, 4:51 pm

Whew, I'm glad it wasn't just me.
Denise

Postby Mr Spice on December 9th, 2009, 11:25 pm

Denise wrote:I'm sorry to say I that just previewed the audiobooks and I don't like ANY of the readers! Bummer! I guess I'll just stick to the printed books.

We all hear an individual voice in our heads (*) when we read a book, so it's not really surprising that we can so easily find it hard to enjoy audio versions of them. It's not very different from the way we mentally visualise characters, only to be disappointed when we see them portrayed on screen.

(*) If anyone hears more than one voice I'd suggest seeking medical advice.
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby Denise on December 10th, 2009, 1:17 am

OT: Poor Dave needs reading glasses..... I'm not there yet but the dreaded day is coming soon, I fear.
Denise

Postby Mr Spice on December 10th, 2009, 10:56 am

Denise wrote:OT: Poor Dave needs reading glasses..... I'm not there yet but the dreaded day is coming soon, I fear.

Now I've actually got them I'm finding reading so much easier. I no longer have to hold the book at arms length when trying to read while wearing my distance glasses, and I don't chafe the end of my nose on the pages by trying to read without wearing any glasses at all. In addition to which, they make audiobooks so much clearer, especially those with pronounced accents.
"A heavy snowfall,

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby ~Linda~ on December 10th, 2009, 5:26 pm

Mr Spice wrote:
We all hear an individual voice in our heads (*) when we read a book, so it's not really surprising that we can so easily find it hard to enjoy audio versions of them. It's not very different from the way we mentally visualise characters, only to be disappointed when we see them portrayed on screen.

(*) If anyone hears more than one voice I'd suggest seeking medical advice.

Dear Dr Spice... I really hear many voices........ one for each charater.
Hummm note to self maybe I shouldnt admit I hear voices :O)
I listened to A Quick Bite on the drive to Ohio. It took me a bit to get used to the reader. She spoke a little too breathie but she was not bad at all. . I always hear Juliette Binoche as Marguerite, so it really was odd not to have it the way I hear it in my head..
The world is so Backasswards
It makes me wish I was
DYSLEXIC!
~Linda~

Postby wren on December 11th, 2009, 9:26 pm

Mr Spice wrote:
Denise wrote:OT: Poor Dave needs reading glasses..... I'm not there yet but the dreaded day is coming soon, I fear.

Now I've actually got them I'm finding reading so much easier. I no longer have to hold the book at arms length when trying to read while wearing my distance glasses, and I don't chafe the end of my nose on the pages by trying to read without wearing any glasses at all. In addition to which, they make audiobooks so much clearer, especially those with pronounced accents.

Just now getting them Mr Spice?? Image I'm ahead of you on this one! I started with the over-the-counter reading glasses a couple of years ago, then I got the prescription kind last year. It takes a bit of getting used to, but mine have the bifocals without the line, which is perfect for reading & rereading my favourite books. Some people find that they make them dizzy, but since I started with this style, I don't have any trouble. In many ways, it's good to reach a certain age, so we'll just just consider ourselves a great vintage and wear our glasses...and continue reading about the Argeneaus & those helpful parasitic nanos! :lol:
wren

Postby Mr Spice on December 13th, 2009, 1:27 am

AnemicOak wrote:I don't know if you guys are aware of it yet or not, but they messed up the audiobook of The Accidental Vampire, it's missing the last chapter. :cry:

Which version do you have and if it's a digital version, where did you buy it?
"A heavy snowfall,

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby Mr Spice on December 13th, 2009, 1:11 pm

AnemicOak wrote:It's the Audible version. Haven't had a chance to email them yet, but I do see some reviews there are mentioning the same thing.

Thanks, we'll get on it right away, but you'll still have to contact the retailer directly in order to get a replacement or refund.
"A heavy snowfall,

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss the Series