Immortal Ever After SPOILERS!!!

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Immortal Ever After SPOILERS!!!

Postby grlnxtdr29 on February 26th, 2013, 11:57 am

Semmy? OMG! Gotta go Finish the book!
grlnxtdr29

Re: Immortal Ever After SPOILERS!!!

Postby TomEC on February 26th, 2013, 1:26 pm

grlnxtdr29 wrote:Semmy? OMG! Gotta go Finish the book!

Well I have no idea what that means and it's just as well since I haven't read the book yet. I just thought I'd take this opportunity to whine like a five-year-old about the fact that changes to me work scheduled mean that it will be several days (oh the pain) before I can begin to read it! Image You all have at least a week to talk about this book without me. Enjoy it while it lasts. After that, the hot air will blow!

In the meantime, I'll be sitting up here in the snow (I'm so sick of winter) sulking. Image
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby grlnxtdr29 on February 26th, 2013, 1:48 pm

Poor Tom. I'm Enjoying my new Nook. the first thing I did after the school woke me up at 5:30am to tell us school was cancelled due to inclimate weather was download the book. Been trying to read it between breaking up fights between the kids and feeding them. I think we are on our Third lunch of the day....
Last edited by grlnxtdr29 on February 26th, 2013, 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grlnxtdr29

Postby susan60625 on February 26th, 2013, 2:35 pm

I haven't read it yet, but got the book in the mail today! Soon, my precious, soon! :twisted: Then, I'll be back here! Bwahahhahahahahahaha!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby grlnxtdr29 on February 26th, 2013, 8:27 pm

AAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!! 90 pages left and the battery on my Nook went dead!
grlnxtdr29

Postby grlnxtdr29 on February 26th, 2013, 11:32 pm

OK, I finished IEA. LOVED IT! Had some Questions, though...If Ambrose is only about 100 years old, what was up with the Renaissance Portrait? When will we learn what The twins' names are? (I was thinking they would probably name them either after Lucien's parents, or maybe Have a Little Marguarite, or Maggie, of their own!). And Just how many "Accidental" Vamps do you think are out there? Maybe there are more, and some, like Elvi, have managed to remain Hidden. I think Lucien should set up a Task Force to look in to that.(Sort of Off Topic, but have you given any thought to writing "Turner's" story?) You mentioned the Elders in Atlantis hadn't been pleased with the results of the nano testing. Makes me wonder if maybe there are some of them still out there somewhere who are going to pop up and cause trouble (You know I've been dying for you to write more about Atlantis itself, where you believe it was located, and if there are any traces left at all...)

Ok, I'll save the rest of my questions for when I am more awake. Oh, and I Loved the Scene in the Van with Val and Leigh! I had to smother my self with a Pillow to keep from laughing so hard I woke every one up!
grlnxtdr29

Postby susan60625 on February 27th, 2013, 11:32 am

Okay! Got the book yesterday afternoon. Started it about 9:30 p.m. Didn't put it down until I was finished at 2:30 a.m. Not my fastest time reading one of Lynsay's books, but it's up there! :o

My observations:

1) I love the fact that Anders (or Semmy! :shock: :shock: 8-) :lol: ) is more talkative around Valerie! I was wondering how anybody, lifemate or not, would be able to put up with Mr. No-Talk!

2) I thought it was hilarious how curious Valerie was about the way the fangs worked and how uncomfortable Justin got while she was inspecting them!

3) What's with the suspense over the twins' names? (Okay, I'm going to get whiney now! :o ) I WANT BABY NAMES!!!!! I'm sure Lynsay already has them picked out, but I've always thought that the names should have "ley" as the second syllable, i.e. Ashley, or Bentley, or Wesley to rhyme with Leigh.

4) Also, what is the concern over the ultrasound? It is a proven-safe medical practice, so why would it be dangerous for immortals?

5) GND, good thought about the Atlantis elders concerns with the nano testing. That could be an explanation for Basha! That name alone strikes me as being old and possibly of Atlantean origin.

6) I'm also starting to get worried about Justin. He wasn't his usual teasing self in this book. Normally, he's relentless on the new lifemated males. Did he even make one joke about Anders in this book? I'm beginning to worry that what happened to Olivia has affected him more than we all realize!

7) It was good to see some of the other Argeneaus in this book! I've missed Rachel and Etienne, Lissianna and Greg, and Dani and Decker. Now, if we could only see some of Lucern and Kate, and Bastian and Terri!

8) I liked Anders's back story. It's always interesting to see how Lynsay will weave historical figures and events into her stories.

That's it for now! I'll probably have more after I let this simmer around in my brain! AND hear what everyone else is thinking!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby grlnxtdr29 on February 27th, 2013, 11:59 am

Hey Sue, I can answer the question about Ultra-sound (atleast from a Mortal standpoint, not sure how it applies to the Nanos). There has been a recent study that shows that the Vibrations from the Ultrasounds can actually cause distress in some fetuses, especially during the second trimester when nerves are developing at a more excellerated pace. In some cases, they have linked this to mid term miscarriages (rare, but not unheard of). Of course, there has been a second study that has shown that some Fetuses have actually responded more favorably to Ultra sound. One research project showed that after being exposed to the Vibrations from the Ultra sound, some at risk fetuses have actually shown measurable improvement, more stable heart rates and more activity in the womb.
grlnxtdr29

Postby rockie on February 27th, 2013, 8:09 pm

I finished Ander's story! I loved it! (Yes I am making a rare appearance)
Semmy! I almost died laughing! :mrgreen:
Yes Sue Justin did make one joke, but Valerie, turned it back on him! I almost died laughing at that! :mrgreen:
Baby names! We really need baby names! :) :shock:
Although the end was sweet!
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby TomEC on March 5th, 2013, 4:07 pm

So I finally got Anders's story read. I really enjoyed it, so I, naturally, have some thoughts that I would like to share. There was no possibility that I wouldn’t. This is what I can think of right now, I imagine I may have some more later.

:idea: On the website, Lynsay said this book “starts with a bang” which it certainly does. Even as I was reading the excerpt, I was thinking to myself that Valerie is one tough gal and, obviously, a fitting lifemate for a good soldier like Anders. I was also thinking what better way to prime the pump of reader expectation than with the beginning like this. Now that I’ve finished the book, I can honestly say that she met those expectations nicely.

:idea: I’m not sure why I love strong female characters like Valerie so much. I’ve always liked them but, in recent years, I found I enjoy them even more. Maybe it’s because I married one.

:idea: One of the things I love when reading books, is picking up the unique voice of the author in the story. I know, for example, in one of Lynsay’s books, sooner or later, someone is going to use the expression “Dear God!” And every time I come across it, it makes me smile a bit. In similar circumstances, many other authors would use much harsher language. In behalf of those of us who don’t enjoy profanity, thank you, Lynsay, for not being one of them.

:idea: I suspect, if the other enforcers know what’s good for them, Valerie will continue to be the only person to call Anders Semmy!

:idea: That’s quite a back story Anders has. I was kind of expecting that it would be something rather grim and not just because of that strong silent ‘Dark Knight’ vibe he has going on but because of the Russian accent. I know it’s rather silly to engage in such stereotyping, but there always seemed to me to be a deep sadness running like a dark thread through the Russian soul. Given their history, that should be no surprise, I guess. So many terrible episodes in that history cause me to wonder if Russian tears didn’t make a difference in the water levels of the Volga.

:idea: As much as any author I’ve ever encountered, Lynsay appreciates the little things. The episode with the ice cream cones made me smile. It made me think of all the unique flavors of ice cream I’ve gotten from the ice cream stand in Cypress Hills Provincial Park in summers past. Moments like that are one of the things I really love about Lynsay’s books.

:idea: I’m glad that there was plenty of book left by the time Valerie found out the truth about immortals. Coverups and lies always make me uncomfortable. I suppose I’m a bit neurotic about that. I understand the need to wait for the right moment to tell someone about something as huge as that, but it still bugs me. Besides, as long as one is the main characters knows nothing about immortals, that person is essentially living in the same mundane and ordinary world that the rest of us are living in. Where’s the fun in that?

:idea: Like Susan, I also was amused by Valerie’s interest in how Justin’s fangs worked. Her reaction was no surprise, she is definitely not a shrinking violet. I would like to believe that she reacted the same way I would’ve in that circumstance. That’s what I’d like to believe, anyway.

:idea: Also like Susan, I enjoyed seeing so many of the old characters again. Lindsay is amassed quite a collection of them and it would be a shame not see them again now and then. It’s like seeing old friends again.

:idea: I was very happy to see so much of Leigh in this book. She’s always been one of my favorite characters in the series. Her and Valerie have a lot in common and I’m not surprised that they ended up as best buds.

:idea: I don’t suppose anyone was surprised when the rogue climbed into the van and drove off with Valerie and Leigh. I’m sure we all saw that one coming a mile away just like we all knew that the baby(s) was coming soon. What I’m sure none of us foresaw was Valerie helping Leigh while at the same time periodically hitting the rogue on the head with a mallet. That has to be one of the most original, and labor-intensive, ways of dealing with the bad guy I’ve ever run across. Hah! Great stuff. :D

:idea: The moment Leigh walked into the story and was described as being unusually large, a question popped into my head: Is it my imagination or did someone mention twins in one of the forum threads a while back? Either way, you didn’t have to be Sherlock Holmes to see that one coming. Loved it. I’m not surprised that Lynsay is keeping us in suspense about the names, that’s half the fun. So many possibilities for future books. If we thought Lucian was distracted before, well…

:idea: Okay, I have to admit near the end of the book I was kind of stopped in my tracks by the same question GND mentioned. If this Ambrose guy was a World War I era soldier, what’s with the painting? Where did that come from? Of course, an explanation immediately presented itself: if he got all his ideas about how to be a vampire from books, then perhaps he thought a portrait of himself that appeared to be centuries old was a must-have item for any self-respecting dark lord of the night. That would make sense in a woolly headed sort of way that would’ve fit the guy, though I’d have felt better if someone had mentioned it and we’d have gotten a definitive answer on that.

:idea: I suspect that Ambrose had character issues even before he got his brain mashed on that battlefield. I say this because I can’t imagine Elvi turning out that way under any circumstances. If she had lost her memory and didn’t have a whole town helping her stay on the straight and narrow, she might’ve made a lot more mistakes along the way but there is no way she would’ve ended up as a deliberate mass murderer. Not a chance.

:idea: I enjoyed seeing Igor (he’ll always be Igor to me) ending up with a sunflower decorated stake sticking out of his chest. That and couldn’t be more perfect except, perhaps, if it’d been a pink flamingo.

Thank you, Lynsay, for another fine book. A great effort and a contribution to our collective happiness. In this screwed up world, we need all the help we can get. :D :D :D
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Next

Return to Discuss the Series