Immortal Ever After SPOILERS!!!

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: Immortal Ever After SPOILERS!!!

Postby grlnxtdr29 on March 15th, 2013, 9:28 pm

Interesting Theory, Denise! I guess we may just have to wait and see if there is More to the story or not....
grlnxtdr29

Postby wren on March 17th, 2013, 4:12 am

I've heard carbonated drinks called both soda & pop, but in the South USA, all of these beverages are "Coke" regardless of brand or flavor...even Pepsi, which to most of us southerners tastes like "flat coke" :P Still, for all of it we'll always ask, "What kind of Coke do you want?" before we go get the drinks! :lol:

Don't throw that little cauldron full of Pepsi, sin...I won't add it to any brew I'm bubbling, you won't have it to drink, and you're setting a good example for the wee one! ;) 8-) :D
wren

Postby wren on March 17th, 2013, 4:12 am

I've heard carbonated drinks called soda & pop & soft drinks, but in the South USA, all of these beverages are "Coke" regardless of brand or flavor...except sometimes Pepsi, which to most of us southerners tastes like "flat coke" :P Still, for all of it, even the "flat coke" we will always ask, "What kind of Coke do you want?" before we go get drinks! It was one of our southern ways that my hubby found most confusing when he first moved here, but 25 years later, he has adapted! :lol:

I think one reason they're all Coke may be because Coca-Cola was invented in Atlanta, Georgia. Interesting bit of logo trivia: The Coca-Cola logo was first published in the late 19th century and contains only characters from the Spencerian Script which was developed in the mid-19th century and was the dominant form of formal handwriting in the United States during that period, therefore it is not under copyright. However, it is still protected by trademarks. Anyone can use Spencerian Script, which is still taught in many charter schools, private schools, and homeschools today, although many public and private schools are giving up teaching cursive penmanship altogether, claiming it is no longer needed. However, no one except Coca-Cola can use the brand name. Shows you how important copyrights & trademarks have come to be.

Don't throw that little cauldron full of Pepsi at me, sin...I won't add it to any brew I'm bubbling, you won't have it to drink, and you're trying to set a good example for the wee one! ;) 8-) :D

Back on topic, I love Anders & Valerie's book!! Excellent!! I'll get back with more as soon as I can! :)
wren

Previous

Return to Discuss the Series