REN aka The Renegade Hunter***SPOILERS***

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: REN aka The Renegade Hunter***SPOILERS***

Postby Denise on October 23rd, 2009, 7:37 pm

Yeah, publishers' schedules can be a drag, literally! We know it's not your fault, Lynsay. You can be proud knowing that you've got us so worked up about a story that we're having anxiety attacks!
Denise

Postby sin on October 23rd, 2009, 10:50 pm

Thank you Lynsay..we know it is not your fault...who knows maybe your publisher will have a change of heart and release it earlier..We know you would not torture us needlessly..we will just have to be content with Tiny's story being out early and hopefully we will be able to deduce certain things from it..

Also thank you for the information you just posted..Very interesting read..;)

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby MsKitty on November 3rd, 2009, 5:16 am

Well!

THAT was interesting reading!

Hmmm..... Basha COULD be Ernie's Aunt perhaps? There is no mention of any mothers is there... Basha could be his mother & just CALL Leo Father?? Ernie is considered inferior because of his fangs, and if Basha threw one of the no-fangers through a wall then even Basha dosen't have their repect.. & the Leonius that was beheaded.. perhaps Armand did the beheading?

Basha is not only strong, but smart because she's stayed in the background orchestrating the 'accidents' that have happened to the Argeneau's lifemates... Maybe she has an alternative reason for staying with Leo & The Loopy's, maybe she is using them as a stepping stone for her own revenge - Hell hath no fury & all that jazz...

I haven't seen other threads as yet so I may have the same idea as other folks so move this post if you need to! ;)
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
MsKitty

Postby rockie on November 3rd, 2009, 7:57 pm

Lynsay wrote:The child always takes the nature of the mother. A mortal mother and immortal father will have a mortal child (though it's rare for that to happen) an immortal mother with a mortal male (also rare) or an edantate father will have an immortal child (Insanity can be caused by either nature or nurture and you can bet Leo would raise vicious dogs with little or no conscience even if they were immortal . . . and kill any son who was burdened with a conscience and unwilling to do his bidding) An edantate mother and immortal or mortal father will have an edantate child. However, edantate is just immortal without the fangs and without the madness no-fangers have.

The unanswered questions in The Renegade Hunter will be answered in Armand's story. Unfortunately, explaining in REN would have given away ALL of Armand's story. It also would have made the book twice as long and my pub wouldn't have allowed that (I have a word limit on my books). I was hoping the two stories (Nicholas and Armand's) would be pubbed back to back as they did with Vampires are Forever and Vampire, Interrupted, unfortunately, I have no say in that stuff and they decide pub dates. You have my sincerest apologies on that. Had I realized this would happen I would have avoided writing Nicholas and Armand's story until such a time that I could be sure they would be back to back to avoid leaving everyone hanging so long.

Lynsay

We know it's not your fault! Publisher's suck! LOLS... I think that it's horrible, but then again, it's pretty smart! It will make people hang around and read your other books, and buy Armand's story when it comes out!! I really really really wanna win that ARC! lols! I think that Armand is the sleeper story of the entire clan! LOLS!

MsKitty wrote:Well!

THAT was interesting reading!

Hmmm..... Basha COULD be Ernie's Aunt perhaps? There is no mention of any mothers is there... Basha could be his mother & just CALL Leo Father?? Ernie is considered inferior because of his fangs, and if Basha threw one of the no-fangers through a wall then even Basha dosen't have their repect.. & the Leonius that was beheaded.. perhaps Armand did the beheading?

Basha is not only strong, but smart because she's stayed in the background orchestrating the 'accidents' that have happened to the Argeneau's lifemates... Maybe she has an alternative reason for staying with Leo & The Loopy's, maybe she is using them as a stepping stone for her own revenge - Hell hath no fury & all that jazz...

I haven't seen other threads as yet so I may have the same idea as other folks so move this post if you need to! ;)

I get what you are saying about H E Double Hockey sticks ( I can't cuss until tomorrow!) no furry like a woman who is scorned! :D :lol:
♥ rockie
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby Denise on November 4th, 2009, 10:05 am

MsKitty wrote:& the Leonius that was beheaded.. perhaps Armand did the beheading?

Good thought, that would make for some vengeful feelings. Just might be it.
Denise

Postby OnceBittenTwiceShy on November 9th, 2009, 2:48 pm

What about Charlie the german shepard he bit Ernie and surely he must have swallowed some blood I mean the dog nearly tore bad breath boys throat out right?
OnceBittenTwiceShy

Postby susan60625 on November 9th, 2009, 3:36 pm

Okay, Sisters, help me out. Didn't Lynsay say somewhere that dogs can't become immortal? I could swear I read it somewhere, but I've been unable to find it here, even after using the search feature. :?
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby karen223 on November 9th, 2009, 4:51 pm

Susan - I remember that too. I searched also and I was wondering if it might have come up durring her online interview on Bitten by Books.
karen223

Postby susan60625 on November 10th, 2009, 10:15 am

karen223 wrote:Susan - I remember that too. I searched also and I was wondering if it might have come up durring her online interview on Bitten by Books.

Thank you, Karen. You were right. I went back to the interview and found Lynsay's comment: "As for transferring nanos between species, that isn’t possible. The nanos were programmed for the human physiology. Who knows though, I mean flus are starting to jump between species, maybe the nanos will one day be able to as well."

I hope this answers your question OnceBittenTwiceShy.

Sue :)
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby lynnzerben on November 17th, 2009, 11:13 pm

Hey everyone. I'm new to the board, even though I discovered these books over a year and half ago this is my first post, so bare with me. A few thought on REN. When I found out that Sam's sister Jo was going to be the main girl I was super excited.

Secondly, I love Anders! I don't know why, but I just do. I know he was only in a few scenes but from the first time we meet him in the car I got a big smile on my face. Next to Tiny, and now Armand, Anders has jumped to the top of the list of who's book I'm looking forward to. (Weird thing though, his name is similar to an ex-boyfriend whom I have no intention of seeing again,lol)

And then of course there's Lucian. Any time he shows up with his "I'm a bad ass and I know it" attitude is fantastic. Especially when someone is snarky to him. Actually any time he's shows up is great. Just put him in every book and I'll be happy. :D

Something else in regards to Tiny's book. Amazon.com does say it will be released on Jan 12. However for all you kindle users out there it will be available in e-book format on Jan 1. I don't know why this is but when TIH came out, I couldn't find it at any of the book stores but there it was there on-line ready to down load and enjoy. Yet another reason they will have to pry my kindle from my cold dead hands.

Well this post is longer then I thought it would be. Oh well. I'm waiting for my friend to finish reading REN so we can be geeks about it together. Till the I guess I have all of y'all.
Still waters run deep

Good Girl Gone Vampire
lynnzerben

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss the Series