REN Chapters 1-5 *Spoilers*

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

REN Chapters 1-5 *Spoilers*

Postby orionsfaith on September 29th, 2009, 10:02 pm

Ummm, unlike most I'm kind of a slow reader and got alot of crap to do so I'm being responsible and not letting myself read the whole book in one sitting, sooo I was wondering, can we break the book down into sections and discuss?!
I chose 1-5 cuz that's as far as I've gotten so far :-P This topic will probably be mute tomorrow but figured I'd give it a try anyway.

SPOILER TIME
First thing on my mind is "omegosh I can't believe Leigh lost the baby!!!!"
next, Jo is/was RIDICULOUSLY lucky that Mortimer and Bricker didn't "hear" her thoughts when they came to check on Nick and go figure she would have worked for a locksmiths ;-P
Nick actually DID kill an innocent during his "time of grief"?!?!! I can hardly believe it.....
and finally: Yay new characters! sort of, dunno how big a deal J.J. and Gina are gonna be, HOPE Leo's spawn doesn't get to Gina!!!!
"You see? We get on famously...We could have been grand friends."
"Except for the part about me being an enforcer and you being a murderer."
"Yes. Well, no friendship is perfect."
orionsfaith

Re: REN Chapters 1-5 *Spoilers*

Postby Mr Spice on September 30th, 2009, 2:59 pm

Actually a very good point - that not everyone reads books in a single session. Perhaps anyone who comments on this thread will keep that in mind. Thanks.
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby Copper on September 30th, 2009, 4:27 pm

i like this alot but i will stop myself from comenting coz i dont want to say to much im a very slow reader and always end up coming back to a topic with pages of coments to sift though i like your idea

but i will not spoil this by making coments
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
Copper

Postby orionsfaith on September 30th, 2009, 5:06 pm

Copper wrote:i like this alot but i will stop myself from comenting coz i dont want to say to much im a very slow reader and always end up coming back to a topic with pages of coments to sift though i like your idea

but i will not spoil this by making coments

umm, thanks? I think, lol. Don't worry about spoiling it by making long comments, so long as what u say is in the first 5 chapters, I'd LOVE to hear your thoughts. I'm afraid everyone's staying away until they finish the book so i won't be able to join in the good stuff till i'm done :(
but I wanna savor the new read!
*sends mental message for everyone to SLOW DOWN! ...just a bit :mrgreen: *
orionsfaith

Postby sin on September 30th, 2009, 5:48 pm

orionsfaith, that is why when we make a topic like REN aka The Renegade Hunter ***SPOILERS*** it means if you have not read the book not to read the topic if you don't want to be disappointed. We have always done this so those of us who have read the book can discuss it with out spoiling it for those who have not nor finished it.

If you have read something on the other topic then we are sorry..That is why we label them SPOILERS..Also that way we do not have multiple topics of the same thing. After you have finished the book feel free to join us on the above topic..We would love to hear your opinions & theories.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby Mr Spice on September 30th, 2009, 5:54 pm

sin wrote:orionsfaith, that is why when we make a topic like REN aka The Renegade Hunter ***SPOILERS*** it means if you have not read the book not to read the topic if you don't want to be disappointed. We have always done this so those of us who have read the book can discuss it with out spoiling it for those who have not nor finished it.

If you have read something on the other topic then we are sorry..That is why we label them SPOILERS..Also that way we do not have multiple topics of the same thing. After you have finished the book feel free to join us on the above topic..We would love to hear your opinions & theories.

SIn, I think orionsfaith is simply wanting to discuss what happens in only the first five chapters that she's already read, without being exposed to the later developments beyond chapter five - like where the giraffe attacks Nicholas and eats the bunch of flowers, and where Lucian gets trapped by the sheep in the shearing shed.

Oh, and now I've said too much.
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby orionsfaith on September 30th, 2009, 6:03 pm

Mr Spice wrote:
sin wrote:orionsfaith, that is why when we make a topic like REN aka The Renegade Hunter ***SPOILERS*** it means if you have not read the book not to read the topic if you don't want to be disappointed. We have always done this so those of us who have read the book can discuss it with out spoiling it for those who have not nor finished it.

SIn, I think orionsfaith is simply wanting to discuss what happens in only the first five chapters that she's already read, without being exposed to the later developments beyond chapter five - like where the giraffe attacks Nicholas and eats the bunch of flowers, and where Lucian gets trapped by the sheep in the shearing shed.

Oh, and now I've said too much.

lol, wow u guys, yea, what Mr. Spice said, minus the giraffe and sheep. I wasn't sure how well my idea would pick up, but i had to give it a shot, rest assured I'll be back on SPOILERS eventually.
orionsfaith

Postby Denise on September 30th, 2009, 11:12 pm

I'll join you for now since I've only read to chapter nine,myself.
orionsfaith wrote:I can't believe Leigh lost the baby!!!!"

Me, too. And it was such a quick mention that I almost skipped right over it without understanding. I'm wondering if it mentions in one of the other books what the mortality rate is for immortal babies, if it's about the same as mortals. If so, it's to be expected that the odds will out, I guess.
orionsfaith wrote:Jo is/was RIDICULOUSLY lucky that Mortimer and Bricker didn't "hear" her thoughts when they came to check on Nick and go figure she would have worked for a locksmiths ;-P

I was thinking the exact same thing! But, if they didn't know she was there, they probably weren't trying to "hear" anything.
orionsfaith wrote:Nick actually DID kill an innocent during his "time of grief"?!?!! I can hardly believe it.....

I'm not so sure you should take that to the bank, yet. Mortimer found him with the girl already dead. I think there may still be something to be said about this later in the book. I'm holding out hope, at least.
[quote="orionsfaith"Yay new characters! sort of, dunno how big a deal J.J. and Gina are gonna be, HOPE Leo's spawn doesn't get to Gina!!!![/quote]
J. J.? Sheesh, I just read the book and already I can't remember who that is! And I was thinking that Gina just might be Bricker's there when they first met.

I like Charlie and thought we might actually get an immortal dog! It made the point of saying that Ernie's throat was bloody and that the dog had done it. Wouldn't that be cool?

Now, off to read the rest of the book.....
Denise

Postby sin on September 30th, 2009, 11:21 pm

Actually Denise it was Decker not Mortimer who found him..:)

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby orionsfaith on September 30th, 2009, 11:32 pm

Denise wrote:I'll join you for now since I've only read to chapter nine,myself.

Well thankie Denise, I'm actually to Chapter 12 now, but don't think I should try to make too many more small topics.

Denise wrote:Me, too. And it was such a quick mention that I almost skipped right over it without understanding. I'm wondering if it mentions in one of the other books what the mortality rate is for immortal babies, if it's about the same as mortals. If so, it's to be expected that the odds will out, I guess.

Yea, I wasn't TOO surprised really, but it's just so said, I automatically thought about how he was so proud at the end of Marguerite's book to have his fish still swimming and all.

Denise wrote:I was thinking the exact same thing! But, if they didn't know she was there, they probably weren't trying to "hear" anything.

That's what I figured, they must be good at blocking out unwanted 'noise'. It was also "lucky" that they didn't have a guard posted there though either :-P

Denise wrote: I'm not so sure you should take that to the bank, yet. Mortimer found him with the girl already dead. I think there may still be something to be said about this later in the book. I'm holding out hope, at least.

Oh I'm still holding out too, that just rocked my boat a bit b/c in TIH he wasn't so "sure" that he'd done it, it kind of seemed like his memory was fuzzy.

Denise wrote:J. J.? Sheesh, I just read the book and already I can't remember who that is! And I was thinking that Gina just might be Bricker's there when they first met.

Heehee, it took me a minute to remember his 'name', she just mentioned he was the pot smoker downstairs, haven't actually MET him yet, just figured if he was important enough to mention that he will surface sooner or later.
Yea, I kinda hoped/thought with all that talk about no sex from the steady, but I'm fairly sure she'll play a bigger part, hopefully it won't be a tragic one.

Denise wrote:I like Charlie and thought we might actually get an immortal dog! It made the point of saying that Ernie's throat was bloody and that the dog had done it. Wouldn't that be cool?

Yea that'd be kewl!!! Didn't even THINK about that. Hmm....there bodies are kind of like ours, ...aren't they? *shrug* I like him alot too though, kind of reminds me of my dog only better behaved. Can't wait for him to meet Julius.
orionsfaith

Next

Return to Discuss the Series