REN Chapters 1-5 *Spoilers*

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: REN Chapters 1-5 *Spoilers*

Postby orionsfaith on September 30th, 2009, 11:34 pm

sin wrote:Actually Denise it was Decker not Mortimer who found him..:)

good eye sin, good eye
"You see? We get on famously...We could have been grand friends."
"Except for the part about me being an enforcer and you being a murderer."
"Yes. Well, no friendship is perfect."
orionsfaith

Postby Mabel48 on October 1st, 2009, 12:22 am

Denise wrote I like Charlie and thought we might actually get an immortal dog! It made the point of saying that Ernie's throat was bloody and that the dog had done it. Wouldn't that be cool?

Denise, I had the same thought about Charlie the dog but I could see to many problems with it.
Mabel48
Mabel48

Postby Denise on October 1st, 2009, 11:02 am

Duh... just a temporary brain glitch. It's fixed now.
Denise

Postby sin on October 1st, 2009, 6:37 pm

Denise wrote:

Duh... just a temporary brain glitch. It's fixed now.

LOL..It happens to all of us at one time or another Denise..Knew you knew seeing as you said you just read it..*giggles*

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby Kath on October 13th, 2009, 10:17 pm

I've finally gotten a chance to start REN. Up to chapter 6. I'm sooo dying to join in on the spoiler threads but don't want to spoil it for myself. I'm also a slow reader. I work so I usually can only read on the subway ride to/from work (about 45 min ride each way) and in the evening (maybe) if the kids allow me.

So, I thought, well since I'm now on chapter 6, I could at least jump in on this thread and at least join in on some of the fun. :D

orionsfaith wrote:I can't believe Leigh lost the baby!!!!"

Denise wrote:Me, too. And it was such a quick mention that I almost skipped right over it without understanding. I'm wondering if it mentions in one of the other books what the mortality rate is for immortal babies, if it's about the same as mortals. If so, it's to be expected that the odds will out, I guess.

I was thinking uh, oh what affect will this have on Lucian? That it might possibly be used as an excuse for him to be particularly grumpy/mean to everyone cause he's hurting but won't want to open up to anyone.

orionsfaith wrote:Jo is/was RIDICULOUSLY lucky that Mortimer and Bricker didn't "hear" her thoughts when they came to check on Nick and go figure she would have worked for a locksmiths ;-P

Denise wrote:I was thinking the exact same thing! But, if they didn't know she was there, they probably weren't trying to "hear" anything.

I didn't think of that! But, Denise is right they probably wouldn't hear her if they weren't specifically listening to her.

orionsfaith wrote:Nick actually DID kill an innocent during his "time of grief"?!?!! I can hardly believe it.....

Denise wrote:I'm not so sure you should take that to the bank, yet. Mortimer found him with the girl already dead. I think there may still be something to be said about this later in the book. I'm holding out hope, at least.

I'm still holding out too. Think there is more to it than that. There was speculation that he was "controlled/made" to believe that. Or maybe he didn't know she was "innocent" till later. Or he feels responsible though he's only "indirectly" responsible because of his investigation, etc. Though I have a feeling we won't find out the whole story because it will involve Armand and we'll have to wait for his book. (too long to wait :cry: )

orionsfaith wrote:Yay new characters! sort of, dunno how big a deal J.J. and Gina are gonna be, HOPE Leo's spawn doesn't get to Gina!!!!

Denise wrote:J. J.? Sheesh, I just read the book and already I can't remember who that is! And I was thinking that Gina just might be Bricker's there when they first met.

I like Charlie and thought we might actually get an immortal dog! It made the point of saying that Ernie's throat was bloody and that the dog had done it. Wouldn't that be cool?

Now, off to read the rest of the book.....

I was thinking the same thing. Could Gina be Bricker's lifemate? Jo noted he didn't do the "intense stare at her forehead thing". If he didn't try to read her, he may not know yet...
Kath

Postby orionsfaith on October 13th, 2009, 11:32 pm

Kath wrote:I've finally gotten a chance to start REN. Up to chapter 6. I'm sooo dying to join in on the spoiler threads but don't want to spoil it for myself. I'm also a slow reader. I work so I usually can only read on the subway ride to/from work (about 45 min ride each way) and in the evening (maybe) if the kids allow me.

So, I thought, well since I'm now on chapter 6, I could at least jump in on this thread and at least join in on some of the fun. :D

YAY! My thread is alive again! I was so sure this would be a mod telling me it's being taken down for inactivity lol. I'm so sorry you don't get to read that often! I shouldn't, but books are my guiltiest pleasure, and the internet. Anywho I'd love to revert back to semi spoilers, though I got to finish it relatively quickly so didn't make more subsections, you should do that if you feel up to it!

I was thinking uh, oh what affect will this have on Lucian? That it might possibly be used as an excuse for him to be particularly grumpy/mean to everyone cause he's hurting but won't want to open up to anyone.
The thought entered my mind for a second. Mostly I just thought he'd be really sad and a bit of a recluse in this book, thank Bob he caught Jo and cleared THAT up *sigh of relief*.

I'm still holding out too. Think there is more to it than that. There was speculation that he was "controlled/made" to believe that. Or maybe he didn't know she was "innocent" till later. Or he feels responsible though he's only "indirectly" responsible because of his investigation, etc. Though I have a feeling we won't find out the whole story because it will involve Armand and we'll have to wait for his book. (too long to wait :cry: )
Yea, my new theory is that Lynsay just kind of slipped that in there to make us 2nd guess him, because up till now he hasn't actually said "I did it" or anything like that, so I'M NOT GIVING UP! *sigh* been doing good about not thinking about the YEAR we have to wait for Armands story, I just hope Lynsay wraps this one up w/ enough mystery but a GOOD ending.

I was thinking the same thing. Could Gina be Bricker's lifemate? Jo noted he didn't do the "intense stare at her forehead thing". If he didn't try to read her, he may not know yet...

Bricker's much too kewl for the penis eye look, he'd be much more discreet about it I think, he knows how much it annoys Jo. And with all the frustration Gina seems to be going through I'm sure she'd be broadcasting her lascivious thoughts to Bricker without much effort, BUT we shall see.
orionsfaith

Postby orionsfaith on October 13th, 2009, 11:35 pm

Kath wrote:I've finally gotten a chance to start REN. Up to chapter 6. I'm sooo dying to join in on the spoiler threads but don't want to spoil it for myself. I'm also a slow reader. I work so I usually can only read on the subway ride to/from work (about 45 min ride each way) and in the evening (maybe) if the kids allow me.

YAY! My thread is alive again! I was so sure this would be a mod telling me it's being taken down for inactivity lol. I'm so sorry you don't get to read that often! I shouldn't, but books are my guiltiest pleasure, and the internet. Anywho I'd love to revert back to semi spoilers, though I got to finish it relatively quickly so didn't make more subsections, you should do that if you feel up to it!

The thought entered my mind for a second. Mostly I just thought he'd be really sad and a bit of a recluse in this book, thank Bob he caught Jo and cleared THAT up *sigh of relief*.

Yea, my new theory is that Lynsay just kind of slipped that in there to make us 2nd guess him, because up till now he hasn't actually said "I did it" or anything like that, so I'M NOT GIVING UP! *sigh* been doing good about not thinking about the YEAR we have to wait for Armands story, I just hope Lynsay wraps this one up w/ enough mystery but a GOOD ending.

Bricker's much too kewl for the penis eye look, he'd be much more discreet about it I think, he knows how much it annoys Jo. And with all the frustration Gina seems to be going through I'm sure she'd be broadcasting her lascivious thoughts to Bricker without much effort, BUT we shall see.
orionsfaith

Postby Denise on October 14th, 2009, 12:05 am

Kath wrote:Jo noted he didn't do the "intense stare at her forehead thing". If he didn't try to read her, he may not know yet..

I didn't notice that. Hmm... maybe....
Denise

Previous

Return to Discuss the Series