Bitten by cupid

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: Bitten by cupid

Postby Viv0323 on January 22nd, 2010, 4:29 am

Just wondering, but why is the release date in Canada January 26th instead of January 12th? Did something come up or is it just my area (British Columbia)? I've been waiting forever for Tiny's story and I still have to wait 4 more days!
Vivian
Viv0323

Postby Mr Spice on January 22nd, 2010, 11:08 am

Viv0323 wrote:Just wondering, but why is the release date in Canada January 26th instead of January 12th? Did something come up or is it just my area (British Columbia)? I've been waiting forever for Tiny's story and I still have to wait 4 more days!

We're not sure but it could simply be down to logistics. Anthologies traditionally don't sell in the same quantities as single author titles therefore fewer copies will be manufactured in the initial print run. If the distributors and the retailers place orders with the publisher that are of the same magnitude as Lynsay's non-anthology books then it's entirely possible that the entire print run has been reserved for the American market. Other markets, such as Canada, Australia and the UK, will then have to wait for another batch of books to be printed before they are available there. Given that Bitten by Cupid has sold well enough to hit the New York TImes list then the above scenario seems possible. Normally the release date in Canada is the same as in the USA, so I can't see any other reason why this book should be different.
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby sin on January 22nd, 2010, 6:49 pm

Copper wrote:BOOOOOOOOK gona start reading tonight :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :P :lol: :o :P :P :P :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :o :D :D :D :D :o :) :D ;) :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

gee copper I really wish you were excited..Congrats on getting the book :)

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby susan60625 on January 22nd, 2010, 9:17 pm

Mr Spice wrote:Given that Bitten by Cupid has sold well enough to hit the New York TImes list then the above scenario seems possible. Normally the release date in Canada is the same as in the USA, so I can't see any other reason why this book should be different.

Really Mr. Spice? It hit the best seller's list? Where did it place? :)
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby Denise on January 23rd, 2010, 2:53 am

Mr Spice wrote:... Bitten by Cupid has sold well enough to hit the New York TImes list ...

WooHoo!!!! What number, what number?.... Wait a minute, I looked it up myself....

Number 14!!!!!!

For an anthology I call that pretty dog-gone AWESOME.
Denise

Postby susan60625 on January 25th, 2010, 1:23 pm

Well, I still haven't received my copy yet and I finally found out why.

When it hadn't come last Friday, I called Borders. They didn't know but said they would track down the problem. Well, it seems that when I placed the pre-order, the charge went through fine on my unemployment debit card. However, it seems the rules changed as of Jan. 1 and when they put the actual charge through, it was denied. The bank says that I can no longer order books on that card. And to top it off, I'm sick right now and can't go out to go buy a copy! Argggggghhhhhhh! It looks like I'll have to wait until this flu bug goes away before I can get the book! :( :cry: :evil:
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby sin on January 26th, 2010, 11:35 am

Aw Sue..So not fair. Hope you can get out or someone can bring it to you soon..hugs

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Previous

Return to Discuss the Series