Bitten by Cupid on the New York Times Lists

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: Bitten by Cupid on the New York Times Lists

Postby Denise on January 29th, 2010, 11:15 pm

Well YEA! for the step up! I know my Wal-Mart is one of the places that it wasn't put out on time. Makes one wonder what it would have hit if all had been put out on release date.

BTW, what is the highest any of them have hit on the first week?
Denise

Postby Mr Spice on January 30th, 2010, 12:54 am

Denise wrote:Well YEA! for the step up! I know my Wal-Mart is one of the places that it wasn't put out on time. Makes one wonder what it would have hit if all had been put out on release date.

Vampires Are Forever hit number 3 in February 2008. Time of year has an effect, as does whatever else is published the same week. The real delight this time around is that it's an anthology and anthologies generally don't do anywhere near as well as full books.
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby Mr Spice on January 31st, 2010, 11:17 pm

For anyone who wishs to have a look, here is this week's NY Times list.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/07/books/bestseller/bestpapermassfiction.html?ref=books
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby wren on February 4th, 2010, 6:50 am

Mr Spice wrote:
Vampires Are Forever hit number 3 in February 2008. Time of year has an effect, as does whatever else is published the same week. The real delight this time around is that it's an anthology and anthologies generally don't do anywhere near as well as full books.

Ahhh...but this anthology's lead author was LYNSAY SANDS and the story featured Tiny McGraw & Mirabeau...

Congratulations on the wonderful news! :D
wren

Postby KimberlyK on February 7th, 2010, 2:45 pm

Sorry I'm late! Congrats on the success of the anthology Lynsay! Now get back to work! *cracks whip* Just kidding! LOL!

In Publisher's Weekly for the week of January 25th, Bitten by Cupid placed at #14 on the list of Latest Mass Market Paperbacks. For the week of February 1st, it placed at....#14 again! Great job at keeping up a steady stream of sales. *grin*

http://www.publishersweekly.com/bestsellerslist/6.html?listdate=1%2F25%2F2010&channel=bestSellers

On Usa Today's list of top 150 best-selling books, Bitten by Cupid is currently #132 in its third week. It's peak position on the list was #58! As the Sands have pointed out, that is excellent for an anthology.

http://content.usatoday.com/life/books/booksdatabase/default.aspx?

I checked the NY Times list for this week and I don't see the anthology listed but I see something else....At #18, Taming the Highland Bride by Lynsay Sands!! I can't believe I forgot about this!!! Guess I can add something else to my shopping list when I head out this afternoon. *shakes head in disbelief* And I call myself a fan. *kicks self for good measure and slinks off to the corner for self-imposed punishment*
KimberlyK

Postby wren on February 8th, 2010, 3:48 pm

KimberlyK wrote:I checked the NY Times list for this week and I don't see the anthology listed but I see something else....At #18, Taming the Highland Bride by Lynsay Sands!! I can't believe I forgot about this!!! Guess I can add something else to my shopping list when I head out this afternoon. *shakes head in disbelief* And I call myself a fan. *kicks self for good measure and slinks off to the corner for self-imposed punishment*

Okay, Kimberly, it's out of your corner now...punishment over! ;) You have a book to go buy & read, and lists to keep up with for the "Immortals" team!! :D
wren

Postby wren on February 8th, 2010, 4:06 pm

Mr Spice wrote:
Denise wrote:Well YEA! for the step up! I know my Wal-Mart is one of the places that it wasn't put out on time. Makes one wonder what it would have hit if all had been put out on release date.

I remember that books 7, 8, and 9 were released back-to-back. Thomas' book was highly anticipated, as has been Tiny's story. I'm still convinced that Vampires Are Forever would have been number 1 on the list, but we had trouble with it being out on time...some places had it early and some places received it late...I remember because my order from my local bookstore was 3 weeks late and I bought a copy in the grocery store, and everyone was reporting problems with the book being out in some bookstores or not being available at others...all of which affected our crucial time before the list is released! I'm not disappointed at VAF's place at all. It was a huge thrill to be at number 3, but to me Lynsay's VAF was truly number 1! :D

Didn't Vampire, Interrupted come in at number 6 the very next month...which was a fabulous showing and we waited with a lot of anticipation because of the immense competition released that same week! 8-)
wren

Previous

Return to Discuss the Series