HELP!! Quick Question -- Reader for Renegade Audio Book

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

HELP!! Quick Question -- Reader for Renegade Audio Book

Postby Lynsay on March 2nd, 2010, 5:22 pm

The lovely man in charge of audio books just emailed asking if I'd prefer a male or female reader for Renegade Hunter. I think my agent must have said something about my disappointment with females reading some of them. . . and he listened!! It's so nice, cause they rarely listen to me, lol. Anyway, my instinct was to say male, but I thought I'd check with you all. Male or female reader for Renegade? Quick vote here girls cause I gotta email back. I'll give you all till tomorrow.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Re: HELP!! Quick Question -- Reader for Renegade Audio Book

Postby lisa on March 2nd, 2010, 7:34 pm

I vote male also! (a good male voice please, no boring monotone)
lisa

Postby Jewelz on March 2nd, 2010, 7:47 pm

I'd vote male.

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby karen223 on March 2nd, 2010, 8:20 pm

I don't do audio books, but if I did these would seem to be best in a male voice.

Karen
karen223

Postby Mabel48 on March 2nd, 2010, 8:42 pm

The male voice absolutly! I wrote a not very nice review at Audible.com about the woman who had read some of them. :cry: Even to the point of saying I would buy another audio copy of the books If they redid them with the guys.
Does that answer your question Lynsay?
Mabel48
Mabel48

Postby Jewelz on March 2nd, 2010, 10:10 pm

karen223 wrote:I don't do audio books, but if I did these would seem to be best in a male voice.

Karen

I like to read the books too. In addition I have 3 books downloaded to my Ipod. Its handy when you have a doctors appointment. Something to listen to while I sit and wait.

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby wren on March 2nd, 2010, 10:55 pm

Male

(I still want Stephen Fry...but as long as they get a good male reader ;) )
wren

Postby Copper on March 3rd, 2010, 7:52 am

the reason I didn't end up getting them coz I didn't like the voice of the woman if it all the man i mite try it
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
Copper

Postby Lynsay on March 3rd, 2010, 11:53 am

All righty! I have sent off the request for male and even mentioned Stephen Fry. I also added that if not Stephen Fry, at least not someone who reads like he's perusing a grocery list cause one of you mentioned that in the audio thread. So we shall see what happens.

It's funny. I get very little say in titles--I so hated Bite Me If You Can. It didn't even have anything to do with the book. She was bitten at the start!! And by the bad guy!! A Quick Bite, Single White Vampire, The Accidental Vampire and Born to Bite are pretty much the only three titles I put forward (Single White by the way was the suggestion of a dear friend, Deborah MacGillvray who is also a writer and a darned good one. I do like her historicals, and trust me, I wouldn't just say that. Of course, I only read her first one for a quote but that's because, as I told you, I avoid reading romance to avoid borrowing plots. Anyway, I was jealous as all heck of her writing and I'm sure her others are just as good. I've bought every one and often look at them thinking it would be nice to read the others.) Anyway, as I say, I have little say in titles except that I now have a sort of veto power if I really hate the title. I also have little say in the covers except for that same veto power, and I have nothing to do with the blurb on the back. So I think I love the head of audio for emailing me <grin>

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby Mabel48 on March 3rd, 2010, 12:43 pm

All righty! at least not someone who reads like he's perusing a grocery list cause one of you mentioned that in the audio thread. So we shall see what happens.

I'm afraid that was me. It was not a very nice comment I guess but she went thru the first love scene with Marguerite and Julius in the train bathroom, which is a HOT scene and when she was done I had to back it up because I was sure I had miss something because I was yawning. :cry:
Mabel48
Mabel48

Next

Return to Discuss the Series