Third Time Around...

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: Third Time Around...

Postby Denise on May 18th, 2008, 10:43 pm

Where to put them is definitely the problem here. I think I've finally come to the realization that there is no possible way I'm ever going to read all these books in my tbr and will start selling them off. I have several authors' entire backlist of books that I've collected. But my reading tastes have changed quite a bit since I started collecting them. So, I'll keep my fav's and sell the rest. I'm hoping that somebody out there will want them. I need the space!
Denise

Postby Stauri on May 19th, 2008, 9:13 am

I'm not going to admit, just not, I'm in denial. Give me time, and I'll stand up and declare it (maybe). ;)

I just need my own library, that's it, ceiling to floor bookshelves with a fireplace.

All the reasonings of men are not worth one sentiment of women. - Voltaire
Stauri

Location: Somewhere in the woods of Tomball (a suburb of Houston), TX

Postby Denise on May 19th, 2008, 11:36 am

Stauri wrote:I just need my own library, that's it, ceiling to floor bookshelves with a fireplace.

Oh how I'd love to live in a house that has a dedicated library the size of my Master Bedroom! If I ever get rich, you'll find me building a new house that has at least one, preferrably more! That way I can have one for me, one for the kids. And then when they leave the nest, I'll take their over, too. :twisted:
Denise

Postby Stauri on May 19th, 2008, 12:18 pm

Denise, I spotted a French Tudor style home last year for sale in Crosby, TX that had a dedicated library. It had huge fireplace and leather couches around it, floor to ceiling wall to wall bookshelves, and a desk in the center with a credenza behind it, short bookshelves from mid wall to ceiling and two very large windows with huge drapes on either side. It was like out of a movie. I wanted to bury myself in that room and never leave. I wanted that house so bad, wasn't unreasonably priced either, but alas on the wrong side of town. Total bummer.

All the reasonings of men are not worth one sentiment of women. - Voltaire
Stauri

Location: Somewhere in the woods of Tomball (a suburb of Houston), TX

Postby jill on May 19th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Sigh to have one particular room dedicated books - one can only dream. I wish I could have a huge Library -like you read about in books :mrgreen: - that I could hide away in.

Someday when I get my billion dollar check that will happen until then I will have to make do with small piles of books near my overflowing bookshelves. :roll:
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Postby wren on May 24th, 2008, 12:33 am

Me too, Jill! A great big library of my own...sigh...
wren

Postby Jodi on May 24th, 2008, 9:49 am

I agree Jill, I want a library just like you read about with the different levels and ladders to reach the books, wouldn't it be wonderful to have all the book space you could want? If only money grew on trees!!
Jodi

Postby jill on May 24th, 2008, 2:23 pm

Oh my Jodi. Can you imagine to have use a ladder because you have so many. I can see we are definetly on the same page here. Maybe if we pool our resources we can build our own library like that. :mrgreen:
jill

Postby Jodi on May 24th, 2008, 6:59 pm

sounds like a plan! can you imagine how much organizing would go into a library that big? or how much fun it would be to do it? I get excited just thinking about it, hmmm maybe I should tell that to my husband? LOL!
Jodi

Postby jill on May 25th, 2008, 7:59 am

Maybe Jodi you will get it for your next anniversary. With a bow of course :twisted:

I'm telling everyone here, for all those who have run out of room for all their books, someday there will be a library just for us. I have a dream....
jill

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss the Series