Confused about The Renegade Hunter & Bitten by Cupid

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Confused about The Renegade Hunter & Bitten by Cupid

Postby Sonia on March 15th, 2010, 10:58 am

Hi,
This is the first time I post.
I finished reading the Renegade Hunter, and I just started Bitten by Cupid. First are we going to know why or who Nicholas was set up with the killing? The book ended abruptly without the explanation so I feel that I was left on the air, a shame because I truly enjoyed the book. On the book it makes reference to "now that Marguerite is married" but in Bitten by Cupid Marguerite IS getting married. Hope someone can help me with this.
Thank you,
Sonia
Sonia
Sonia

Re: Confused about The Renegade Hunter & Bitten by Cupid

Postby susan60625 on March 15th, 2010, 8:44 pm

Hi Sonia and welcome! Lynsay wrote the story in Bitten By Cupid after she wrote the next book in the series, which is Born to Bite, which will be released in August of this year. She didn't realized the order that the publisher would be releasing them. That book will be Armand's story and, we hope, will finally clue us in on what happened with Nicholas and, also, what happened to Armand's first three wives. So far, we can only speculate as to those answers.

As for the Marguerite referring to herself as being married (and Thomas, as well), I've just been assuming that since they have met their lifemates and that the weddings are a foregone conclusion, that they are just referring to themselves as being already married. Afterall, since they are immortal, there really isn't a pressing need to rush to the marriage ceremony. Look how long Bastien waited to marry Terri.

I hope this helps. If ever you have a question, this is definitely the place to come. We will try to get you an answer. So don't be shy, we welcome newcomers with open arms. Newbies don't tend to stay that way for very long here!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby sin on March 15th, 2010, 9:52 pm

Sue if you remember in VI it was also mentioned that Marguerite was married..{{lucky woman}} wink, wink

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby susan60625 on March 15th, 2010, 10:00 pm

sin wrote:Sue if you remember in VI it was also mentioned that Marguerite was married..{{lucky woman}} wink, wink

That's very true, Sin. I wonder if it really counted though, since Jean Claude wasn't really dead.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby sin on March 15th, 2010, 10:08 pm

susan60625 wrote:
sin wrote:Sue if you remember in VI it was also mentioned that Marguerite was married..{{lucky woman}} wink, wink

That's very true, Sin. I wonder if it really counted though, since Jean Claude wasn't really dead.

Not sure..But if I had an Immortal like him I would not mind re-marring him.. :oops: :oops:

sin

Postby Sonia on March 16th, 2010, 8:25 am

Thank you for all the answers.
Sonia
Sonia

Postby Lynsay on March 18th, 2010, 5:22 pm

Thanks guys! Sorry I have been a little neglectful while I finished off a story. Emailed it to my editor this morning at 1:15 so YAY! It's done. It was a historical but gave me a devil of a time. I think it's just everything going on right now. Leaves me distracted and with difficulty concentrating so had trouble getting into the skin of the character.

Anyway, regarding Marguerite and Julius being married. Truthfully, their marriage probably stood while Jean Claude and Marguerite's wouldn't have.

Remember, JC was missing for more than 20 years and presumed dead. The truth is, he was a wealthy man with estates and so on. They had to have him declared dead in absentia and a death certificate made up so that Marguerite could inherit and maintain the estates and such during those 20 years.

When there is no body a missing person will usually have to be missing 7 years for this declaration. However, that is not ALWAYS the case. Body or no body they are usually quickly declared dead in absentia after battles or in the cases of ships that sink. (ie anyone not found among the survivors after the Titanic sank was declared dead in absentia rather quickly if they were not found among the survivors. ) It wouldn't have been a problem having Jean Claude declared dead in absentia because he was believed to have died during a battle.

The moment he was declared dead, Marguerite was a widow and free to marry again. And she did, marrying Julius. JC's return did not suddenly reverse that. He was still legally dead, and probably didn't do a thing about that because they change names and so on so often anyway to hide their aging. So, her marriage to Julius was legal and technically she has been married to him for 500 and some years even while thinking she was married to JC after her memory was wiped.

But she doesn’t remember the wedding. It is one of the memories that was wiped, so, she wanted another wedding and Julius was happy to give it to her.

Hope that helps

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby lisa on March 18th, 2010, 5:32 pm

Does that mean that Bastien, Etienne, and Lisseanna are all legally Julius's children? and would inherit after Christian? Good thing Vita didnt think of that or Argeneaus would have been falling left and right, not just Armand's spouses!
lisa

Postby Lynsay on March 18th, 2010, 8:08 pm

LOL Lisa. If Vita hadn't already been crazy, that would have driven her over the edge, huh? LOL

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby sin on March 18th, 2010, 8:21 pm

At least we do not have to worry about her resurfacing..lol

sin

Next

Return to Discuss the Series