Part two of promised Born To Bite excerpt (who said game)

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: Part two of promised Born To Bite excerpt (who said game)

Postby grlnxtdr29 on April 20th, 2010, 2:45 pm

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...
grlnxtdr29

Postby wren on April 20th, 2010, 4:17 pm

lisa wrote:Wren, I cant remember, has Lynsay ever said if Elvi 's nanos will recognize her turner? or will she only know when something happens to her turner, as Marguerite did when Julius died? ( I addressed this to Wren, but anyone can answer!)

lisa, Marguerite knew when Jean Claude died because he was her sire...the one who had turned her...so I would think that would be true of Elvi and her turner, even though she doesn't know him. Marguerite knew it was because JC had sired her, so it must have something to do with the nanos and who turns you, rather than if you are a true life mate, even though most Immortals save their one turn for a life mate. I seem to remember that Marguerite could "feel" JC die. She must not have known that would happen when her memory was still intact and JC had faked his death and disappeared for those 20 years.

Would Elvi's nanos recognize her turner if she met him? I don't remember anyone ever asking Lynsay this question, so I turn it over to her for clarification. We know that the nanos recognize who will make a good life mate, even though the Immortals don't really know why they do. Would Elvi's nanos recognize who had sired their host, or would her turner's nanos recognize that he had sired her? I don't think we have anything so far in the books to determine that, so we must turn to our beloved author.

Would Elvi know if her turner died? If it follows what we have seen with Marguerite in the books, then I think it would be so between all turns & their sires. Elvi might "feel" it but not recognize what was happening. though. Most Immortals live indefinitely, so I doubt they think to bring it up in a new turn's training...or in Elvi's case, her belated training in Port Henry. This makes me wonder...will an Immortal mother feel it & know if something happens to her born Immortal child, since the nanos are passed from mother to child?

Hey Lynsay, we need you for some more nanos information here! :D
wren

Postby Lynsay on April 20th, 2010, 6:18 pm

Basically you have it right, Wren, Elvi would feel something if around her sire, but might not recognize what she is feeling, or I mean, what it meant. The nanos recognize each other by . . . hmm, how to put it. Well, think of computer IP addresses, those that originate from the same network have the same IP address even though they are different computers, and nanos that originate from the host have a similar thing . . . Sigh. I'm not explaining it very well, but basically yes the nanos recognize each other and communicate, which can be felt in the body. And yes Marguerite may know when something happens to one of her children. However, that may not be the case across the board. Not that other immortals might not feel something if one of their issue died, but Marguerite is kind of sensitive for some reason and she would be more aware whereas other immortals might just put down the sensation to something else.

Am I making any sense at all?

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby Jewelz on April 21st, 2010, 12:01 am

Lynsay wrote:Basically you have it right, Wren, Elvi would feel something if around her sire, but might not recognize what she is feeling, or I mean, what it meant. The nanos recognize each other by . . . hmm, how to put it. Well, think of computer IP addresses, those that originate from the same network have the same IP address even though they are different computers, and nanos that originate from the host have a similar thing . . . Sigh. I'm not explaining it very well, but basically yes the nanos recognize each other and communicate, which can be felt in the body. And yes Marguerite may know when something happens to one of her children. However, that may not be the case across the board. Not that other immortals might not feel something if one of their issue died, but Marguerite is kind of sensitive for some reason and she would be more aware whereas other immortals might just put down the sensation to something else.

Am I making any sense at all?

Lynsay

Absolutely, you make plenty of sense. ;)

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby wren on April 21st, 2010, 1:53 am

I think you explained it very well, Lynsay. Your example was great. I'm glad I was close about how the nanos work, too! :)
wren

Postby sin on April 26th, 2010, 1:36 pm

Thank you for explaining it Lynsay..Yes it made perfect sense. Makes you wonder if Steph is like Marguerite in that score..

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby lisa on April 26th, 2010, 7:39 pm

Kinda wondering? Anyone else think that Thomas is one of the nephews that Lucian cant read? After all, Thomas has been kinda disrespectful and annoying to Lucian, and dont you think if Lucian was really mad or annoyed then he would have sort of "took over" Thomas to bring him to a screeching halt? Lucian can be very decisive and controlling when he feels that it is needed, (and Thomas has kinda gotten away with alot of tomfoolery in the past)
lisa

Postby wren on April 27th, 2010, 12:07 am

lisa wrote:Kinda wondering? Anyone else think that Thomas is one of the nephews that Lucian cant read? After all, Thomas has been kinda disrespectful and annoying to Lucian, and dont you think if Lucian was really mad or annoyed then he would have sort of "took over" Thomas to bring him to a screeching halt? Lucian can be very decisive and controlling when he feels that it is needed, (and Thomas has kinda gotten away with alot of tomfoolery in the past)

I don't think so, lisa. I think those that Lucian can't read are very rare, and I also think he knows who they are as he would check everyone immediately. Just the nature of his job on the council and as an enforcer would have trained him to do that, and as Marguerite has said, it often cuts through a lot of misunderstandings. He can't read Armand, but he can read his other brother, Victor, as well as the entire town of Port Henry, which included several other Immortals who were present...and he did it in only a few minutes. :) I don't think we know about Jean Claude or Martine, or any other possible siblings yet.

Thomas is really young, only in his 200s, and Lucian is really very fond of his nephews and nieces. He is willing to put up with a lot more than he lets on from his family, and always has been. Family means everything to him, but before meeting Leigh, which helped many of the relatively younger family members to realize that he was just a big marshmallow on the inside, Lucian tended to keep his emotions bottled up and was afraid to show his love... remember that Lissianna caught on to him in AQB...but think of the losses he had suffered. His wife & daughters in Atlantis, his parents, other siblings that we don't know all about yet, and the most terrible way he lost his twin brother, along with friends he had fought beside through the centuries. The protection of the Immortal people as a whole, as well as innocent mortals, is why he lived as he did and why he continues to stay so tough even though he has found love & happiness with Leigh.

The dudes/dudettes thing from Thomas was mostly directed at Lucern & Bastien, because they tended to act like Etienne & Thomas are so much younger than themselves...always seeing & treating them both as their 'little brothers' (since Marguerite raised Thomas too) instead of as the grown men they became. I'm more inclined to think that Lucian can read Thomas, and could see how much of his attitude was a facade due to what had happened to his father & mother as well as to his brother Nicholas & his first life mate Annie and how it affected Jeanne Louise, Jean Claude's treatment of him regarding not letting him call Marguerite "Mother" (hey, he was only a 4yo child when Armand brought him to her) & refusing to let him go to England (Thomas knew that the repercussions would fall on Marguerite & Lissianna if he disobeyed his Uncle Jean Claude) and ridiculing him because of his music, and Lucern and Bastien not ever thinking of him as having become an "adult." Yes, while Lucian loved his twin brother and looked the other way until he couldn't anymore, he wasn't blind to what was happening in his own family...and it would only take a quick read to understand a lot about and really know his 'seemingly irreverent' nephew, the charming Thomas Argeneau. Just my thoughts... :)
wren

Postby lisa on April 27th, 2010, 5:07 pm

Sounds totallly reasonable, Wren :lol: My curiousity has been stirred up by finding out that even the exaulted ancient one cant read/control everybody ( except Leigh )
lisa

Postby orionsfaith on April 28th, 2010, 12:16 am

Sooo, is Eshe black? If so, I am UBER excited. Love the motorcycle. Also would like to know who Lucian can't read. Would love to know more about Eshe's past life mate. I know Lucian needs to get back to Leigh, but I really hope he gets held up a bit, JUST got done rereading BMIYC and he's my current fav, not to mention the Eshe banter is highly amusing. :mrgreen:
Sin, didn't know, or forgot, that you lived in GA! Am I allowed to ask what city? For some reason I'm thinking Alpharetta.
Lynsay, with my degree in Technical Communication I just want you to know that Editing and Proofing are one of my specialties! :geek:
O, and if you guys get a pig AND a llama , then I wanna move too. :D
"You see? We get on famously...We could have been grand friends."
"Except for the part about me being an enforcer and you being a murderer."
"Yes. Well, no friendship is perfect."
orionsfaith

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss the Series