Part two of promised Born To Bite excerpt (who said game)

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: Part two of promised Born To Bite excerpt (who said game)

Postby sherr on May 10th, 2010, 5:43 am

Look under 'Books' on the main page.
good girls don't make history and I plan on being very historical
sherr

Postby jess4269034 on May 10th, 2010, 5:40 pm

No, they definitely aren't tight knit overall. There are clusters like the Argeneaus. However, you have to remember before the advent of bagged blood they lived as far from each other as possible (even the Argeneaus) because too many in one area would have made their feeding noticeable and brought down mobs of angry mortals on them.

They spread out across the earth almost immediately after the fall of Atlantis to be able to feed unnoticed, it's how Lenoius managed to build up his small army and start breeding camps without the others finding out at first. In fact Leonius's behavior and the need to battle him and his sons was the catalyst for even keeping tabs on each other. The other immortals had be contacted and brought together to battle him. That is when the first council was made to create laws for their behavior and rogue hunting started, though it is more organized now.

Eshe's father went to Africa when the original Atlanteans spread out. He and Lucian were friends and Lucian who was a major figure in the first council, travelled alot and often visited the various areas where Atlanteans had settled to check on things (ie. Look out for any other possible Leonius type behavior-- it's actually probably why he went so long without going rogue. He had a purpose in life as basically a sherriff over the others) His travels included regular visits with his freind in Africa. In immortal terms, visiting regularly translates to once a century or so with the occasional exception of a couple of times a century (Travel back then was pretty slow) By the time Eshe moved to Canada, about a century ago, Armand was already in his reclusive stage.

Besides, even if that wasn't the case, gees, have you met all the relatives of your coworkers, including ones who live in foreign countries? Even mortal police officers while a close knit group, are close knit with each other, not necessarily with each other's families

Hope that answers your questions Jess.
Lynsay

Sorry this has taken so long Lynsay. But thank you for answering my question. What you said makes perfect sense. Thank You!
jess4269034

Postby Lynsay on May 10th, 2010, 10:03 pm

You're welcome Jess, and no problem on time. I'm not the most prompt at anything a lot of the time so understand when others aren't either. LOL. Life gets in the way.

I also uploaded the cover on my facebook Jewelz (thanks Sherr, I didn't even know it was on the website yet) I loaded it onto facebook to put in the profile pic, but haven't figured out how to shrink it to fit and the box wants to show just parts. So it's just in my photo album right now.

Wren's right. I suck at keeping my secrets. I can keep a confidence, if someone tells me something and asks me not to pass it on, it's as safe as in Fort Knox (counselling taught me that) but when it comes to my own secrets . . . FORGET ABOUT IT!! My mother used to always say, "If you don't want to be embarrassed, don't do anything embarrassing, because everything comes out in the end." I took that to heart and have always just blabbed what was what. Figure I might as well tell as wait for people to find out. LOL.

My apologies Orionsfaith, I missed your question. And I will certainly let everyone know if I get a pig and or llama. Thank you Wren for answering. LOL

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby Jewelz on May 11th, 2010, 1:05 am

I just love the new cover. The cover models eyes are a little creepy. It definitely has a dark mysterious feel. ;)

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby Jewelz on May 12th, 2010, 4:43 am

Jewelz wrote:I just love the new cover. The cover models eyes are a little creepy. It definitely has a dark mysterious feel. ;)

Okay, I take the creepy eye's comment back. The first time I saw the BTB cover it was a little thumbnail picture. At that time the eye's looked white (almost zombie like). Later, I looked at an enlarged version on FB (Lynsay's profile) and they looked blue-green. Nice!!! Much better than zombie white. :D

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby Dusty on May 19th, 2010, 8:15 pm

Can't wait for it to be released.
Dusty

Postby Kath on June 5th, 2010, 7:50 pm

wren wrote:
orionsfaith wrote:Sooo, is Eshe black? If so, I am UBER excited. Love the motorcycle. Also would like to know who Lucian can't read. Would love to know more about Eshe's past life mate. I know Lucian needs to get back to Leigh, but I really hope he gets held up a bit, JUST got done rereading BMIYC and he's my current fav, not to mention the Eshe banter is highly amusing. :mrgreen:

orionsfaith, I didn't see where your question about Eshe was answered. Yes, she is black, very beautiful, dies her hair to match her moods, and says & does pretty much whatever she thinks! :lol: I love her already, and other than the sneak-peek excerpt on the forum, we have only seen her once in The Immortal Hunter. We don't know anything else about her backstory yet. Her name, Eshe, is Swahili and means "life." She pronounces it Eh-she...like the beginning of the word echo, then the word she.

Lynsay had a sculpture done of Eshe by a professional artist who does beautiful work. Maybe we can get her to post the photo of it again on her blog page before the book comes out. :D

fyi: There's a picture of the Eshe sculpture on Lynsay's website under "Collector's corner" in "For Readers".
Kath

Postby alabaster on October 7th, 2010, 3:42 am

oy it's 340am and i'm seriously thinking a run to walmart is in order, but if I can hold off til tommorow I'll be super thrilled. I'm hoping there's a newbook out there. as there have been two new ones released since last i read one :( Just re read Bitten By Cupid (Tiny's story anyway) and I'm feigning, i'll have to pull out an old one and reread. I should be asleep, but took a long nap today and CAN NOT SLEEP.

SO I'm feigning HARD for the stories :P
alabaster

Postby sin on November 2nd, 2010, 9:58 pm

You are not alone alabaster. 1 to 2 weeks before the books are due out, we start looking for them. When 1 finds it then it is a "calling tree" lol. Usually it is a day before the books are out that stores have them on the shelves. Some of the chains say that as soon as the get the book in they place it out as they do not store them in the back room :/

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Previous

Return to Discuss the Series