Argeneau Cover Question

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Argeneau Cover Question

Postby Ashlee on May 12th, 2008, 1:41 pm

Hi! I'm new :). Forgive me if this has been asked before (my computer is acting slow today and it would take me a long time to check the threads) - are there any plans to release the cartoon covers of the Argeneau books with the new style covers?
Ashlee

Re: Argeneau Cover Question

Postby Stauri on May 12th, 2008, 1:49 pm

Ashlee, since Lynsay has switched publishers from Dorchester to Avon, I'm sure Dorchester won't. Simply due to the fact that they are still selling them like hotcakes. Lynsay has stated in the past that she was very lucky that Dorchester released the character name rights for her to continue at Avon, but they would not release the rights to the previous three books. Lucky indeed she is, because I would hate to know that would have been the end of the Argeneaus. :D

We are all grateful!

All the reasonings of men are not worth one sentiment of women. - Voltaire
Stauri

Location: Somewhere in the woods of Tomball (a suburb of Houston), TX

Postby Ashlee on May 12th, 2008, 2:05 pm

Thanks, Stauri! This has been one of the (very) few series that I'm reading completely out of order. The only ones I haven't purchased yet were the cartoon covers and I figured I could make myself hold off on those if they were going to be reprinted in the near future. Since they're not, I'll be buying them when I go to the mall this weekend :D.
Ashlee

Postby Stauri on May 12th, 2008, 3:55 pm

Good luck, I hope your local bookstore has them, as they re-print them and are sold out as fast as they hit the shelf. Some on the forum waited for months to get reprints. If you find them, snatch them up quickly. You are missing the best 3 books in the series, sort of. My all time favorite is Single White Vampire, you will see Jill and I defending our faithfulness, and trying to get others to admit Lucern is their favorite.

If you read them in the order Lynsay's original intent to have them published, they are as follows:

A Quick Bite
Love Bites
Single White Vampire
Tall Dark & Hungry
A Bite To Remember
Bite Me If You Can
The Accidental Vampire
Vampires Are Forever
Vampire, Interrupted

And our next one in the series, our first enforcer novel - The Rogue Hunter

All the reasonings of men are not worth one sentiment of women. - Voltaire
Stauri

Location: Somewhere in the woods of Tomball (a suburb of Houston), TX

Postby Ashlee on May 12th, 2008, 5:21 pm

I almost always read series in order, but with this one I've been skipping around (mainly because I wasn't sure if the covers would be rereleased) so I started with Lissiana's story, then read Bite Me If You Can, Vampires are Forever, Vampire,Interrupted (my favorite!) and The Accidental Vampire. I just got A Bite To Remember this week. I've seen the cartoon covers several times and we'll be going to a mall and two or three big bookstores (Barnes and Noble and BAMs) so I'm hoping to find them now that I want to buy them :).
Ashlee

Postby Copper on May 12th, 2008, 6:35 pm

i starter at bite me if you can and read them randomly untill the recent few now im re reading them its in proper order ... even if that means i have to go with out a book for a week coz i let it to a friend its a bought wasting all my time so i dont think about it hehe :)
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
Copper

Postby Ashlee on May 12th, 2008, 7:09 pm

Copper, I love your quote! Best movie ever :D!
Ashlee

Postby Copper on May 13th, 2008, 3:37 am

thanks i changed it a little to sound right a be short :D

(sorry about the bad spelling there)
Last edited by Copper on May 13th, 2008, 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
Copper

Postby wren on May 13th, 2008, 1:02 pm

Welcome Ashlee! Hope you enjoy the forum as much as we all do!

If you do find all three Dorchester books (the cartoon covers) try to buy all of them if you can. As Stauri said, they go very fast, and it is up to Dorchester when they get reprinted, as neither Lynsay nor Avon has any say over when those three books are reprinted. That is the publisher's decision. We were fortunate that Dorchester and Lynsay and Avon were able to come to an agreement so that she could take the characters and names with her and continue with the series when she changed publishers, although Dorchester did keep the rights to the three they had already published. So, if you want a copy of your own, and they are well worth it, you will want to get them when you find them, or they will sell out. I was able to order them from Books-a-Million.com last time they were reprinted, so if you can't find them in the mall, check the online bookchains.

hth, wren
wren

Postby sin on January 12th, 2009, 9:08 pm

rockie..saw the new cover for Love Bites from Borders. Whom I have a standing order for Lynsay's Argeneau series.. The new cover for Love Bites is AWESOME...They show it is to be released on March 31. Wren dear sister I have a premonition that we will be buying TWO books at a time...how about you????

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Next

Return to Discuss the Series