***Born To Bite Spoilers****ONLY if read the Book

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: ***Born To Bite Spoilers****ONLY if read the Book

Postby sin on July 21st, 2011, 4:20 pm

Personally I do not delve into the history of the story. Unless it is in the book itself or a historical. But that is just my 0.02

I get a "history lesson" from GWL about the movies we watch and I am like hello it is just a movie can we just watch it and enjoy it as written? Just because GWL LOVES history does not mean I do.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby TomEC on July 21st, 2011, 5:00 pm

I guess some people love history and some people don't.

I did the my earlier post for those who, like me, can't get enough of it. To me it's not just about dates, names and miscellaneous facts, it's history. It's the greatest sweeping epic story there is. It's about interesting people, their lives, their accomplishments, their endlessly fascinating personalities. The more I know about the times any story is set in, the richer and more enjoyable it is for me.

This, I know, is not true of everyone. I guess, Sin, you would hate watching a movie with me around.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby sin on July 21st, 2011, 7:46 pm

Got that right. Most of the time I can't stand it with my husband. I did my tour of history in school and I come here not to be lectured about it. If I want to know about something I will watch the history channel on it or ask my walking encyclopaedia.

It also seems from my dealings with people it is the man who has been a branch of service who likes to talk about it endlessly.

sin

Postby TomEC on July 21st, 2011, 8:42 pm

Yeah, in person do my best to avoid boring people by talking endlessly about things they're not interested in. Which means I generally get to shut up and listen to conversations I consider incredibly dull. That's why I'm not much for parties, as a rule. Sin, you must live in a place very different from me. In my experience those of us who love history are consistently outvoted. Men around here mostly talk about sports, cars, the weather and farming. That is, if they bother to talk about anything.

I won't promise not to post about history and such, though I certainly never meant to lecture anyone. I simply take for granted that those who aren't interested won't read them.

What if I include a warning. Let's see, how about: History Windbag Alert!
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby sin on July 21st, 2011, 9:46 pm

Tom under general discussion you can always make a topic History and those interested can always read & comment away :)

sin

Postby TomEC on July 21st, 2011, 9:52 pm

Good idea. I'll remember that. Thought I like my warning idea. It has dramatic flare. :D
TomEC

Postby sin on July 21st, 2011, 10:41 pm

But not under a discussion about the books. Most just want to discuss the fact pertaining to the stories not get sidetracked or bogged down with other info. Usually we get a general reminder to stay on topic, hence the idea of a separate topic.

sin

Postby TomEC on July 21st, 2011, 11:20 pm

Understood. Though whether my initial post was off topic is a matter of opinion. The background I gave was directly related to the events in BTB, which is why I posted it on this thread. I thought some might enjoy it and still do. Not everyone hates history. Sorry. I value your opinion, Sin, so I hope you can be tolerant of my silly conceit.
TomEC

Postby sin on July 21st, 2011, 11:27 pm

sin

Postby TomEC on July 22nd, 2011, 12:00 am

sin wrote:Image

Hmm... I hope that's not a bad thing. Sometimes I have a hard time telling if I've gone ahead and made a fool of myself again! :oops:
TomEC

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss the Series