***Born To Bite Spoilers****ONLY if read the Book

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: ***Born To Bite Spoilers****ONLY if read the Book

Postby Kath on July 22nd, 2011, 12:06 am

Well, i don't particularly like history myself but i did find your post interesting Thomas. :?
Kath

Postby TomEC on July 22nd, 2011, 4:50 am

Thanks Kath. Glad to hear it. It's just a couple paragraphs about some things I though a few folks here might enjoy... or not as the case may be. We all have our different likes and dislikes, I guess, and none of us has to apologies for that.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby susan60625 on July 22nd, 2011, 9:19 am

Liking history is a personal thing. I've always found that when an author can weave a story (particularly a romance) around an historical event, I tend to remember more about that event. I read a book a long time ago called "Desiree". It was set in the time of Napoleon Bonaparte. I still remember more about that time because of that novel than because of anything I learned in school. So, Thomas, while I like the idea of Sin's to create a History thread under the general discussions, I hope you don't stop being curious and informing us of these things. I never would have thought to look that info up, I found it interesting.

That's one of the things I'm looking forward to in Christian's book. I'd love to find out more about his life in the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries in Italy. Every time I see a travel show or cooking show from Italy, I keep trying to figure out what Christian and the rest of the Notte's would have been like during that time. I even saw a travel show set in York, England and I kept looking for things that I could recognize from Vampire, Interrupted.

Yes, I know, I'm a nerd! :?
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby TomEC on July 22nd, 2011, 3:15 pm

Yeah Susan, that's how it is for me to. :D It was the movies I watched and the stories I read that made me love history. There is nothing like a well told story to bring it all to life and prove that it's not a dry collection names, dates and facts but the living, vibrant memory of the human race; an incredible story filled with some of the most amazing characters. I think the subject is often ruined for people bad or indifferent teachers. I myself had some good ones and what a gift that was.

In BTB, history fairly hums through the narrative, almost as if it were another character in the story. Here we have a romance between two people who have seen so much of pass by. Also, we have this wonderful centuries old who-done-it, with Eshe and Armand hunting down the truth like an immortal Holmes and Watson.

Sure you obviously don’t need to love history (or like it one little bit) to appreciate these stories but it works for me.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby Denise on August 1st, 2011, 1:47 pm

Interesting, Tom. I didn't know that. My husband is the History buff, around here. It's also my LEAST favorite subject but I don't mind learning a bit of it when it's included in or applicable to my favorite books. I've learned a lot of Regency history and Medieval history from romance books!
Denise

Previous

Return to Discuss the Series