***Born To Bite Spoilers****ONLY if read the Book

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: ***Born To Bite Spoilers****ONLY if read the Book

Postby wren on September 14th, 2010, 3:00 am

Lynsay wrote:P.S. Oh man, just read Wren's response which pretty much says the same things, lol. Thanks hon. I need to read everyone before I reply, sigh. But then I lose the thread of each individual post. Ah well.

Lynsay, we like it when you reply...and it confirms if we are on the right track. Most of what I said was just my opinion, not something I could actually draw on from the books or the forum with a direct quote or post. Too, I always enjoy it when I'm "getting" what you think of your characters or events in a story. When you say I'm close or have it right or answer a question for me, it's like getting a warm, cheerful hug! Image I think it's part of what makes your forum so different & cozy & more like a family, and I bet the other SAs feel the same way! 8-)
wren

Postby Lynsay on September 14th, 2010, 11:50 am

Hmmm...well here's a real hug for you, or at least a cyber hug being sent your way. I appreciate your help, hon. I get so wrapped up with writing, editing, and proofing as well as interviews and other silly nonsense they think I should do, that I don't get on as often as I'd like.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby sin on September 14th, 2010, 2:57 pm

Dang wren you get on just about the time I turn in..lol

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby wren on September 15th, 2010, 6:54 am

sin wrote:Dang wren you get on just about the time I turn in..lol

That's just because I never keep my days & nights straight...{sigh} Life would be much easier for me if everyone would simply keep Immortal hours! 8-) :lol:
wren

Postby Lynsay on September 15th, 2010, 11:13 am

For me too Wren, life would definitely be easier for me too if everyone kept immortal hours. Ah well, it's easier than it was in England where all the stores closed down at 5.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby GiGi3 on September 15th, 2010, 7:57 pm

yea LYNSAY,

we just moved from ATL (the city) to north GA in a little mountain town ( i have deemed MAY~BERRY) everything is closed by 10pm. & sunday its a dry county so no adult beverages & half the town is shut down. Its like culture shock.....especially for someone like me who is almost always on "immortal time"...
Image[/url]

FATE GAVE HER FANGS.........HE"LL SHOW ME HOW TO USE THEM!!!!
GiGi3

Postby rockie on September 18th, 2010, 6:56 pm

GiGi3 wrote:yea LYNSAY,

we just moved from ATL (the city) to north GA in a little mountain town ( i have deemed MAY~BERRY) everything is closed by 10pm. & sunday its a dry county so no adult beverages & half the town is shut down. Its like culture shock.....especially for someone like me who is almost always on "immortal time"...

Yikes Gigi3! Man thats crazy!
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby GiGi3 on September 18th, 2010, 10:57 pm

rockie wrote:
GiGi3 wrote:yea LYNSAY,

Yikes Gigi3! Man thats crazy!

I know, talk about coulture shock!! :shock:
Image[/url]

FATE GAVE HER FANGS.........HE"LL SHOW ME HOW TO USE THEM!!!!
GiGi3

Postby rockie on September 19th, 2010, 12:40 am

totally a culture shock! :shock: :shock: :(
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby TomEC on July 21st, 2011, 2:53 pm

Well, this seemed like a good place to put this seeing that I wouldn't want anyone who hasn't read BTB to read this. Just a little interesting historical information for anyone who's interested. Of course, I haven't read through the entire forum and,for all I know, someone else might've already pointed this stuff out already but here goes anyway.

According to the book Althea died in 1798 in a hotel fire (of course, now we know it wasn't the fire that did her in). The hotel was in Toronto and everyone used the name Toronto because that's what we know it as now. At the time, it was known as York. Governor John Graves Simcoe had established it as the capital of the British colony of Upper Canada in 1793. According to Statistics Canada, in 1796 (two years before Althea died) it had a population of about 600, that is 200 soldiers manning the fort and 400 townspeople. This would explain why it was no great coincidence when Althea spotted Agnes. If the size of the town seems ridiculously small to you, consider the context: according to a census at the time, in 1806 the entire population of Upper Canada was only 70,718 and this spread over a vast area. In that setting, York would have been considered quite the metropolis and it would grow rapidly. By March 6, 1834 when it was incorporated as the City of Toronto the population was, officially, 9,250. It's grown even more since then.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss the Series