News of Single White Vampire & Argeneau 11

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: News of Single White Vampire & Argeneau 11

Postby wren on December 17th, 2008, 5:41 am

~Linda~ wrote:
Mr Spice wrote:
~Linda~ wrote:Russian maybe Image

Linda,

This is a new one on me - can you let me know where you got the image - I wouldn't mind trying to get a copy of this book to add to the archive. It is Russian, btw, and we do have a number of the historicals published there. (I don't think we've ever seen any payment for them,though but that's not unusual for some overseas publications - and certain of Lynsay's ex-publishers).

Dave

Dave and Lynsay
here is the link

http://search.ebay.de/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37.l1313&satitle=lynsay+sands&category0=

I was clicking around on ebay.... I like the castle in the back.

http://ets6.freetranslation.com/

When I went to a translate site it says it is ..Lynsay Sands, Desire of the woman, Roman, russisch

There were a few that were in russian.
Lynsay Sands, Lady-pirate, Roman, russisch
~Linda~

"Desire of the woman"...hmmm...do you think that is their translation for What She Wants? I don't have that one yet! I'm guessing that titles would sometimes have to be translated a little differently for the language/country it's being published in, and that for titles that strikes me as the closest to the English titles we have listed...btw, I like the castle too, Linda! That is the same translate site I mentioned, but I think I just put in the home page. I was putting in the English titles to get the Russian...did you do it the other way. I tried, but couldn't see it on the book well enough to translate from Russian to English, even with my glasses. Image

I remember that J.K. Rowling had to provide an alternate title for Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows (Book 7) because it wouldn't translate into a few languages. The alternate was Harry Potter and The Relics of Death. Yes, we are big HP fans at my house and visited Mugglenet & The Leaky Cauldron on a regular basis every week! Now I just go periodically for any news...gotta go pick up our copies of Beetle the Bard from the bookstore today and the bookstore has a surprise for me, but I have to wait until I see it before I can tell you as I'm not exactly sure...just had a hint from my friends...see the glow on my face as I think about going to the bookstore Image after taking dear younger son to the orthodontist! He claims if I keep rescheduling his appointments that he is never going to get his braces off! :oops:
While I'm in the bookstore, I may have to order What She Wants & Lady Pirate! heehee That is why you go to bookstores right? To get more books?? :lol: Especially those of your fave author that you don't have and haven't read yet!! ;) That's my story & I'm sticking to it! LOL

Lynsay...the cover of Devil Of The Highlands...ooh la la, yummy! A hunky yummy guy in a kilt...how can you go wrong? Image Did you like this cover? :D I need to move this part to the historical section. Not too much longer until it's available!
wren

Postby Mr Spice on December 17th, 2008, 5:46 pm

wren wrote:I'm guessing that titles would sometimes have to be translated a little differently for the language/country it's being published in...

Generally this is the norm, unless the title is a one word, unambiguous, internationally recognised item like, for example, Lynsays historical, The Key which has an easily understood, literal translation. Today, we've just received a few copies of a Dutch translation of The Chase which is called, in Holland, Bruid op de vlucht - or translated into idiomatic English - Bride On The Run, although even this isn't really correct since the word vlucht actually means to flee, or flight.
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby wren on December 18th, 2008, 1:44 am

Mr Spice wrote:[

So, Dave, do you think What She Wants is our mystery Russian book? I don't like all of the foreign covers, but this one is very pretty, imo. I also like the Russian cover for Lady Pirate and notice how they have the same scrollwork around the edges of the book with what I'm guessing is Lynsay's name in Russian at the top. Very nice. I just don't see any others that would fit "Desire of the Woman." Unless it is The Deed? LOL Hilarious book! Those who don't read historicals are missing out if they leave off Lynsay's! To me, What She Wants is not an exact fit, but in Russian may work close enough like the Dutch translation of The Chase. I sincerely hope they do a better job translating the text of the book over the titles. <biggrin> I'm sure they do or Lynsay's books wouldn't be translated into so many languages and so popular all over the world! :D I wonder why they didn't make the Dutch title "Bride In Flight" or simply "The Flight" or something closer to The Chase. Probably for the same reason that we have Bite Me If You Can instead of "Once Bitten" and The Immortal Hunter instead of "Blood Rogue" for Decker's book, huh? (As you can see, I think Lynsay comes up with very good titles!) The Dutch editor or whoever chooses titles probably gets to make the final choice! :lol: Okay, I'm going to trust you, Mr. Spice, to identify this book for us...as to which book it is in English! :)
wren

Postby ~Linda~ on December 19th, 2008, 1:10 am

Mr Spice wrote:
Generally this is the norm, unless the title is a one word, unambiguous, internationally recognised item like, for example, Lynsays historical, The Key which has an easily understood, literal translation. Today, we've just received a few copies of a Dutch translation of The Chase which is called, in Holland, Bruid op de vlucht - or translated into idiomatic English - Bride On The Run, although even this isn't really correct since the word vlucht actually means to flee, or flight.

Did you have any luck Mr Spice??
I wonder if anyone on here is from Germany?? That would be so neat if they could send them to you..
When I used the world wide one the us site (ships to usa) they didnt show up.
The world is so Backasswards
It makes me wish I was
DYSLEXIC!
~Linda~

Postby Mr Spice on December 19th, 2008, 1:04 pm

~Linda~ wrote:Did you have any luck Mr Spice??
I wonder if anyone on here is from Germany?? That would be so neat if they could send them to you..
When I used the world wide one the us site (ships to usa) they didnt show up.

I haven't really had time to check, but I do know many foreign language books can be ordered directly from the relevant overseas Amazon site. I use the overseas Amazons fairly frequently to get things which aren't available, or are not in stock at the U.S. site. Delivery is usually around seven days (often faster than cross border US/Canada delivery) and the postal costs are generally offset by not having to pay sales tax (but keep the total item cost to under $20.00).
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby ~Linda~ on December 19th, 2008, 11:10 pm

Mr Spice wrote:
I haven't really had time to check, but I do know many foreign language books can be ordered directly from the relevant overseas Amazon site. I use the overseas Amazons fairly frequently to get things which aren't available, or are not in stock at the U.S. site. Delivery is usually around seven days (often faster than cross border US/Canada delivery) and the postal costs are generally offset by not having to pay sales tax (but keep the total item cost to under $20.00).

http://www.ozon.ru/?context=search&text=lynsay+sands

ok russia has its own amazon kinda thing......... take a look it is kinda neat to see all the Lynsay books...
The world is so Backasswards
It makes me wish I was
DYSLEXIC!
~Linda~

Postby Lynsay on December 20th, 2008, 11:00 am

Very cool Linda! Thanks hon. Gees, there are some there I didn't know about. Hmmm....Why is the author always the last to know?

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby wren on December 21st, 2008, 12:29 am

Lynsay wrote:Very cool Linda! Thanks hon. Gees, there are some there I didn't know about. Hmmm....Why is the author always the last to know?

Lynsay

I think it's because the author is in her office writing new books and never has time to look
for these things! <grin> That's why you have us. :lol: During your breaks you want to spend time with your sweet Dave and the rest of your family, and while you're writing more books to make us all happy, we tell him if we find anything new. It's also very nice when he shares with us when you do get any news from other places! :)
wren

Postby Denise on January 12th, 2009, 11:28 am

My Wal-Mart book distributor FINALLY put out SWV reissue, only a month after the release date!
Denise

Postby rockie on January 12th, 2009, 7:48 pm

Denise wrote:My Wal-Mart book distributor FINALLY put out SWV reissue, only a month after the release date!

Really... the Wal-Mart here put it out like a week after it came out.. LOL
I figured I would share that with ya Denise!
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

PreviousNext