The Series continues

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: The Series continues

Postby wren on September 29th, 2010, 3:25 pm

Lynsay, I'm surprised that we have managed to go this long without going hardcover. To me, it is an honor for the writer! I know many writers feel as you do when they are concerned their readers can't afford the books or have to wait an extra year to get them, but most readers know that this is the publishers decision, and not that of the author. Since we are approaching 20 books in the series and you grow more popular everyday, I don't see any way that it'll be put off. Soooo, instead of fretting, let's all celebrate the success of the series...if your publisher is going to hardback, it may mean that they are planning for many more books in the series! Almost all authors & series that I've seen go to the hardback format in recent years are still writing those series, and you certainly have enough characters and ideas to continue for a long time. I feel like being optimistic about it...and definitely celebrating. Happy dancing right here in front of my computer! :D

I like paperbacks because they are easy to hold when reading and I can afford them for gifts, but hardbacks do last for those of us who buy the books to keep. I don't know how eBooks effect the author & publisher as far as the sales & bestseller lists (I hope they are included in the totals) but some fans may consider purchasing an eReader. With all the competition, prices are way down & eReaders are better quality & easier to use than ever before. Hardbacks that come out in eBook format are usually less than buying the actual book (even on release day) so you can still read it and then purchase the paperback copy when it is released. With my "keeper authors" the eReader doesn't really save me any money as I buy both the Book & the eBook, and those who are top keeper authors get purchased in hardback! But for other books by authors that I just want to try out first and for traveling purposes, the eReader really comes in handy! 8-)

In series for children & teenagers, usually the first one comes out in paperback & then the rest are released in hardback. Though not usually as expensive as adult books, they're still a whole lot more than a paperback, so my avid readers get a lot of their books for birthdays & Christmas gifts...but I'd rather buy a book than a video anytime! :)
wren

Postby susan60625 on September 29th, 2010, 3:45 pm

sherr wrote:i think Cara is his lifemate's name....I think Lynsay posted that :? However feel free to use my real name when you write JB's story....I'll sign the release or waivers or whatever. I found re-editing books (crossing out pseudmyns and inserting my name) tiresome. Had to do it for Pamela Palmer Jag's story crossing out Olivia and writing Sherr 500 times.....very boring. But at least now the book is acceptable ;)

Sherr, I saw that too, but I'm confused. She referred to Christian and "his Cara". Since Christian is Italian, and the Italians use the term "Cara" as an endearment like we use "Sweetie" or "Honey", I'm wondering. It could be either way!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby wren on September 29th, 2010, 11:31 pm

Lynsay wrote:Christian's story is done writing at about 22,000 words over. Rolling eyes. He was very chatty. Or maybe it was Caro who was chatty, she's quite funny when she's had too much to drink.

From Lynsay's quote on this thread, her name may be Caro instead of Cara...here is info for both from various name sources! *grin*

Carais Italian in origin and means dear and is also from Latin, Greek, & Irish Gaelic origins meaning dear one, beloved, beloved friend, and pure. In French & English origins, Cara is related to Cari or Carrie meaning giving or joyful song. Carina of Latin origin is pronounced ka-REEN-ah, and the meaning is "beloved". A diminutive of Cara and partly inspired by Karin, it is often used in Italy in the exclamation "Che carina!" meaning, "How darling!" or "How cute! Charity is of Latin origin, and the meaning of Charity is "dear" or "love. It is one of the virtue names, and originally denoted the Christian's love for his fellow man. Carissa is of Greek origin, and the meaning is "grace". It is a simplified spelling of Charissa or possibly an elaborated form of Cara or Carys.

Caro is French, English, and German in origin, and means joyful singer, song of joy, little & strong, petite woman, strong, and farming woman. It is often a short form of Caroline, Carol, Carl, and Charlotte and related names deriving from Charles., Caro comes from feminine forms of the masculine names Carl, Carroll, Carolus, and most of all, Charles, with the meanings champion, victor or winner, strong, farmer, and manly.
wren

Postby Lynsay on September 30th, 2010, 12:55 am

So far cutting isn't going so well. I haven't checked, but am half afraid it's grown. I just got done on paper, now I shift it to the computer and see for sure. I may send it too long and see what happens.

As for her name, its Carolyn. Her friends call her Caro, and he calls her cara or Caro. And just for you Wren, little, strong and songs of joy are the reason I picked it. However, you might not understand songs of joy until you read him saying. I vostri gemiti sono musica, cantano per me... Now, that's a google translation. Hopefully my editor can verify and make sure I got it right. He translates right after in the book, but I'll leave it to you to go to google translation and see for yourselves.

I have to say, I really like this one. It made me burst out laughing several times.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby wren on September 30th, 2010, 2:34 am

Lynsay wrote:So far cutting isn't going so well. I haven't checked, but am half afraid it's grown. I just got done on paper, now I shift it to the computer and see for sure. I may send it too long and see what happens.

As for her name, its Carolyn. Her friends call her Caro, and he calls her cara or Caro. And just for you Wren, little, strong and songs of joy are the reason I picked it. However, you might not understand songs of joy until you read him saying. I vostri gemiti sono musica, cantano per me... Now, that's a google translation. Hopefully my editor can verify and make sure I got it right. He translates right after in the book, but I'll leave it to you to go to google translation and see for yourselves.

I have to say, I really like this one. It made me burst out laughing several times.

Lynsay

Carolyn is a variation of Caroline! :) Hey, there is also a word for people with my odd little hobby. :lol:

Definition of ONOMASTICS from Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary:

1a : the science or study of the origins and forms of words especially as used in a specialized field

b : the science or study of the origin and forms of proper names of persons or places (this is the area that interests me the most 8-) )

2: the system underlying the formation and use of words especially for proper names or of words used in a specialized field

Who knows? When I graduate from teaching homeschool high school, I may make it a full-time hobby & have a "names website!" Of course, the Argeneau names will all go on it first! ;)

I vostri gemiti sono musica, cantano per me...Lynsay, I checked google & another translation site and it was exactly the same...please do NOT let them cut that scene! I'll promise that I'll sing joyously!! Image Image Oh my, my, my.....I can't wait to read this book. Tell your editor that your forum Immortals want the uncut version so she can go ahead and publish it now! :lol: :D
wren

Postby sherr on September 30th, 2010, 7:54 am

Wouldn't that be nice...the version uncut....with Lynsay scrawls in the margins.....can I buy one now :lol:
good girls don't make history and I plan on being very historical
sherr

Postby grlnxtdr29 on September 30th, 2010, 9:50 am

So Happy to hear that JL's Book is coming up. Had a thought when I read your Post Lynsay. You said things were becoming critical in HIS life (Reffering to Jeanne's Lifemate). Made me wonder if her Lifemate was Teddy, and he had a Heart attack or something...

Or Maybe he's a Mortal in a dangerous Job, and she comes across him after he's been wounded, either in an accident or in an attack of some kind...
grlnxtdr29

Postby susan60625 on September 30th, 2010, 2:33 pm

Hmmmmm..... Carolyn? ....... I think I can live with it as a Pseudonym! The only thing that doesn't fit is the "little" part! I've always been the tallest in my class at just under 6 feet. But I understand the legal issues and not being able to make it too obvious that you're talking about me! LOL!

Oh, and Lynsay! I just ran a translation and you actually made me blush! I didn't think that was possible anymore! Oh, boy! I can't wait for this book! :oops:
susan60625

Postby susan60625 on October 4th, 2010, 12:56 pm

tlwright wrote:Susan

It takes a lot to scare me off. And I'm afraid that you do have competition for Christian I also love Bastein and Nicholas. I would take any one of then heck i would take them all LOL.

Ooooooo! Competition! :shock: This could be interesting! :lol:
susan60625

Postby jill on October 5th, 2010, 7:39 pm

susan60625 wrote:
tlwright wrote:Susan

It takes a lot to scare me off. And I'm afraid that you do have competition for Christian I also love Bastein and Nicholas. I would take any one of then heck i would take them all LOL.

Ooooooo! Competition! :shock: This could be interesting! :lol:

I will bring the popcorn :)
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss the Series