The Series continues

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: The Series continues

Postby sin on November 16th, 2010, 7:31 pm

Lynsay wrote:Yes, that's exactly why I tried to put off hard cover. There was a time not that long ago that I couldn't afford hard covers and bemoaned having to wait the extra time to get to read the books.

INFO BREAK HERE -- Got news today that my pub has decided to put out The Reluctant Vamp a month earlier than originally planned. It shall now be a June book and hit the shelves May 31st! Good news I hope.

Lynsay

Great news..yay...

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby cgsdesigns on November 18th, 2010, 6:54 pm

That is EXCELLENT news!

:D
cgsdesigns

Postby Denise on November 30th, 2010, 4:41 pm

Dear, Bastien has been mine from the get-go, so he's not up for claiming, but you can fight the others for Nicholas. ;)
Denise

Postby ElectricFedora on January 13th, 2011, 12:02 am

Mhm, I'm so excited. We know JL well be taking up one of these four spots any guesses on who else is getting one? anyone see any little lovely slip ups Lynsay used to tell us on the old site on here which could suggest who it could be?
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” - Brian Littrell

"Idle hands are the devil's workshop." - Unknown.
ElectricFedora

Postby orionsfaith on February 23rd, 2011, 1:49 am

i'm assuming anthos don't take up 1/4 do they?

edit: huh huh? anybody? I'm still curious, just cuz we get an antho we still get 4 full books right? ...now that I think about it I'm thinking wrong...dang
"You see? We get on famously...We could have been grand friends."
"Except for the part about me being an enforcer and you being a murderer."
"Yes. Well, no friendship is perfect."
orionsfaith

Postby ElectricFedora on July 12th, 2012, 3:18 am

So obvious JL's story is next but, life hasn't let me have a life x3 do we have any idea who the next three books will be yet? I think I noticed mention of Anders somewhere.
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” - Brian Littrell

"Idle hands are the devil's workshop." - Unknown.
ElectricFedora

Postby sin on July 12th, 2012, 7:14 pm

EF Anders will be after JL. Immortal Ever After Feb 26, 2013

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby Denise on July 26th, 2012, 3:06 am

OT: tlwright, I'm pretty sure Thomas has been claimed and possibly Greg, but I think Cale is available! Good luck!
Denise

Postby wren on August 2nd, 2012, 6:57 am

orionsfaith wrote:i'm assuming anthos don't take up 1/4 do they?

edit: huh huh? anybody? I'm still curious, just cuz we get an antho we still get 4 full books right? ...now that I think about it I'm thinking wrong...dang

Generally speaking, Lynsay writes 2 Argeneaus and 2 historicals each year...plus whatever anthos in which she is featured (usually at least one in a year, often tied to holidays) The last two anthos have been Argeneau stories, but that's not always the case. I think it depends on the theme of the anthology and the other writers who are included. Some authors write exclusively paranormal stories, while some write only historical or contemporary. It also depends on if a character needs a full book or a novella in an anthology to tell the story. Lynsay alternates between writing paranormal and historical romances to keep everything fresh, filled with love and laughter, and keeping the joy in the books for her readers as well as for her as an author. Though her Argeneau series has a huge readership, Lynsay also has a very large & loyal group of historical readers, some who aren't fans of paranormal romance. There is also a large group of readers, like me, who read both. If it has Lynsay Sands on the cover, I read it. :D

When the books are published depends on the editing and final book preparations after she turns them in on deadline to her editor. The publisher has a time frame, which is why Lynsay has deadlines, but they also have to do editing, cover art, professional reviewers, marketing, etc., before the final book is ever sent to the retailers.

This year, we have had the finale to The Madison Sisters Regency Trilogy (hysterical historicals) and two Argeneau Novels (Christian's & Jeanne Louise's) with Anders story having a release date planned for February 2013. I don't know about any current anthos, since Lynsay released Teddy's story in an antho last Christmas. We'll see, as she is always 3 books or so ahead of us in the Argeneau series...though she doesn't share the who or any other details until it gets closer to time, because sometimes the lead characters don't cooperate in telling their story and Lynsay won't force a book. If it's not working, she "listens" to which character who is talking to her in her head and moves on to the story that wants to be told. It's an amazing process. :)

Lynsay's readers are a little spoiled, because we do get books more often...though we may feel like it takes forever. Image Image Most of the authors I read have amazing series, and they release only one or two books each year. They also don't participate in as many anthos. Lynsay usually has at least three books released each year... one historical for her original fans (she started out & became a bestselling author writing her hysterically funny historical romances) and she tries to release two novels in the Argeneau series for all of her rabid readers that want them almost faster than she can write the stories. <grin> Including the Argeneau stories in the last two anthologies was a bonus for us! Some years, we have had 4 full novels and an anthology published and released.

P.S. Lynsay also claims not to share too much ahead of time because she isn't good at keeping secrets (she says she always tells what she got everyone for Christmas before the day comes to open the gifts *giggle*) and she knows it would be too easy to spill the beans on the forum while bantering with us. :lol: Still, she'll often play a game when the release date is close, and we win an extra chapter (in addition to the excerpt) or a tidbit of knowledge about a character that is shared only on the forum. Being a forum Immortal has its privileges! 8-)
wren

Postby TomEC on August 5th, 2012, 5:58 pm

I just noticed on the website that Anders' story is to be called "Immortal Ever After."

This reminds me of the title of Charlaine Harris' next Sookie Stackhouse book "Dead Ever After." Which is apparently going to be the last book in that series.

Someone please reassure me that Lynsay isn’t thinking along the same lines.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss the Series